There are 208 users in the forums

49ers select Spencer Burford-OT/OG-UTSA, 4th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Originally posted by Wrathman:
We need a new oline coach. Who has Forrester developed?

Agree. I want the Eagles OL coach.

I mean technically was the OL coach for guys like Trent Williams (twice), Joe Staley & Jonathan Ogden.

been coaching OL since 1983 and in the NFL 1992.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I mean technically was the OL coach for guys like Trent Williams (twice), Joe Staley & Jonathan Ogden.

Do those guys really need that much development help? Two of the guys are the most gifted OL ever, and Staley wasn't no slouch either.

All of them were early 1st round picks.

Look at the Eagles OL, not just now but since he's got there. So many late round picks that he turned into studs. 9moon could coach those 3 guys and they would still be great.
[ Edited by GoreGoreGore on Feb 22, 2024 at 5:28 PM ]
Another guy that would be a good back-up. That's it.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

He was the backup and his instincts told him to not block the best player on the KC defense. Cut this bum and move on if we can.
Do those guys really need that much development help? Two of the guys are the most gifted OL ever, and Staley wasn't no slouch either.

Look at the Eagles OL, not just now but since he's got there. So many late round picks that he turned into studs. 9moon could coach those 3 guys and they would still be great.

I'm tossing out a couple names off the top of my head…what you don't think he's developed a single OL since 1983? Come on now.

Only guys I can think of that the Philly OL coach "Developed" Jordan Mailata. Howard Mudd was the OL coach for Kelce when he came into the league.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 23, 2024 at 12:21 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Making more with less talent is a true sign of coaching/development. I always think back to Fangio when he had a gazillion injuries and still fielded a top 5 defense. He also had excellent position coaches to match his scheme.

Foerster hasn't been given any talent compared to Kocurek over the long haul so it's hard to fully assess him. He's done a nice job with the spot duty players d/t injuries but has he developed a single long term stud from any player outside the 2nd round?
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 25, 2024 at 7:07 AM ]
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

He was the backup and his instincts told him to not block the best player on the KC defense. Cut this bum and move on if we can.

I won't shed a tear.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol how many times has he guarded nobody while a pass rusher blew right by him? He's not ready.

Yea that play was really odd b/c Donald is lined up right in front of him and yet he immediately jumps to the inside to help Brendal. Almost like he didn't know the play or something.

Originally posted by Overkill:

It seems this guy's mental lapses aren't getting any better (look at the Super Bowl). I'm not at the I want him off the roster point, but definitely would prefer if he wasn't on the 53. I suppose we'll finally get an open competition now at C-RG-RT.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
lol how many times has he guarded nobody while a pass rusher blew right by him? He's not ready.

Yea that play was really odd b/c Donald is lined up right in front of him and yet he immediately jumps to the inside to help Brendal. Almost like he didn't know the play or something.

It seems this guy's mental lapses aren't getting any better (look at the Super Bowl). I'm not at the I want him off the roster point, but definitely would prefer if he wasn't on the 53. I suppose we'll finally get an open competition now at C-RG-RT.
too many mistakes from this dude
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

too many mistakes from this dude

This is why Lynch and Shanny are drafting smarter athletes like Mustafa (Wake Forest).

We literally have a backfield that consist of Harvard and Stanford grads.

I wouldn't wish for anybody to get injured. But maybe this broken hand will finally knock him from the starting lineup. Where he has no business being anyway. Good luck getting well. No need to be a starter anymore.
Chance for another guy to prove himself better. Took 2 devastating injuries for Brock Purdy to get a start-- never look back since.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Garbage
Yeah I think Feliciano will take his place. Hopefully permanently. You don't want this guy for anything more than a backup. Even that is dicey.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah I think Feliciano will take his place. Hopefully permanently. You don't want this guy for anything more than a backup. Even that is dicey.

I want to move on bad. He's been bad
Share 49ersWebzone