There are 174 users in the forums

49ers select Spencer Burford-OT/OG-UTSA, 4th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Yeah I think Feliciano will take his place. Hopefully permanently. You don't want this guy for anything more than a backup. Even that is dicey.

I want to move on bad. He's been bad

I understand and I would be fine with him being cut.
Kudos due here

Banks left the game early and Burford* took over at LG

How many people didn't even notice?
[ Edited by Tigerlaw on Sep 10, 2024 at 10:56 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
Kudos due here

I didn't.
Banks left in the 3rd quarter with a calf injury

If Burford can step up and remember to block every play it would be huge

We have to pay Banks or let him walk after this year
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Kudos due here

I didn't.

Great point, but at that point 49ers were running the ball vs passing the ball. 49ers have two 3rd round picks next year, and assuming they don't trade either 3rd round picks (day one picks usually go to the Defensive Line) I can see those two 3rd round picks - Hopefully - going to a Left Tackle (a la Puni 2.0) and a Center. I Hope.

Or how they did it this year. Puni and then Kingston. Man O Man I wish we didn't lose Kingston. He'd be my ideal center.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Kudos due here

I didn't.
See the block he gave #11 on the jets? Made that guy think about life for a sec
Kudos due here

That says more about Banks than Burford
  • JMC52
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mcwoot:
Kudos due here

No it doesn't, Banks is solid. Burford looked like a steal then fell off the face of the earth. He needs these small wins
Kudos due here

Burford did grade out better than Banks, particularly in PP. However, in fairness, Banks has had a sore ankle and is playing with a broken finger.

Burford should be playing with some attitude having lost his job to a rookie. If he could replace Banks next year, that would be huge.
He played a little angry on run blocks from LG. Good I guess. He's never getting that RG job back again. At LG Banks is pretty good. He's just hurt right now with the hand and calf too. When healthy he's good.

Agreed
If you look up Burfords playing history - he was always on the left side. We moved him to the right side. I've always been curious how he would look on the left side, if he would be more comfortable.. seemed like it yesterday.

I think playing next to Trent makes his life a little bit easier but he seems a lot more comfortable on the left side. hopefully he has a great year and we have our answer to LG when Banks leaves in free agency. No way we pay Banks what some teams will be willing to offer, so he's almost definitely gone. O line market is hurting so a lot of average-above average oline guys are getting overpaid. (see Mike McGlinchey). lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Hopefully that works out because Banks might price himself out
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He played a little angry on run blocks from LG. Good I guess. He's never getting that RG job back again. At LG Banks is pretty good. He's just hurt right now with the hand and calf too. When healthy he's good.

He did play LT in college I believe, maybe he's more comfortable on the left? Maybe he's a late bloomer and or his super bowl mistake scarred him enough to play how he's supposed to. Either way, maybe he's playing with more fire because he knows this is a chance to prove he could start again after Banks possibly leaves in free agency after this season.

Burford is in his third season and signed thru next year, so it's possible he is just now turning the corner, though not holding my breath.

Hopefully he does well if he needs to play, and for our sake, shows he can lock down that spot if Banks leaves.
Share 49ersWebzone