Originally posted by YACBros85:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Giedi:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Looks like we got a steal and a keeper in Burford who ls looking like the starter at right guard for us....

This is huge for us if Banks + Burford > Tomlinson + Brunskill. Huge.

We crush mid round picks lol

We have to hope Banks is great too. That means more than likely Center or RT will be a crutch. It would be a miracle if everyone of them works out, but this kid looks good.

...and stay healthy together!

Agree💯%, if Burford and Banks are who we think they are, going into 2023, this line can be dominating if we get another draftee just in case Trent decides to retire after the 6th Lombardi win. Personally, I'd like two of the three third round picks going to the OLine next year so that Center position has some competition too.

Agreed. With how stacked this team is every where else. There is no excuse not to stock up on O lineman the next couple of drafts.

Most definitely. Looking forward to it.

The only other position group I can see them focusing on is TE. Kittle isn't getting any younger and we don't have any real options behind him.

Yup. OL (T and C), TE, then maybe S, SCB and K/P. Returner?

I forgot all about this f**kery. We are due for some big returns.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Looks like we got a steal and a keeper in Burford who ls looking like the starter at right guard for us....

We have to hope Banks is great too. That means more than likely Center or RT will be a crutch. It would be a miracle if everyone of them works out, but this kid looks good.

Agree💯%, if Burford and Banks are who we think they are, going into 2023, this line can be dominating if we get another draftee just in case Trent decides to retire after the 6th Lombardi win. Personally, I'd like two of the three third round picks going to the OLine next year so that Center position has some competition too.

Agreed. With how stacked this team is every where else. There is no excuse not to stock up on O lineman the next couple of drafts.

The only other position group I can see them focusing on is TE. Kittle isn't getting any younger and we don't have any real options behind him.

Isn't that why we picked up Ray Ray McCloud?

we are spoiled with playmaking TE over the past decade plus. Getting playmakers like VD and Kittle are not the norm so i wouldnt really "look" or chase after one.

Ray Ray is definitely our short term returner i dont think we need to draft one as well

I agree OL, DT(potentially), and CB/S are the main focus in next year
Originally posted by ritz126:

we are spoiled with playmaking TE over the past decade plus. Getting playmakers like VD and Kittle are not the norm so i wouldnt really "look" or chase after one.

Ray Ray is definitely our short term returner i dont think we need to draft one as well

I agree OL, DT(potentially), and CB/S are the main focus in next year

Unless Shanahan is shifting from his run first philosophy, that duel threat TE is essential to both the run and the pass game.

Hopefully!

Pass rush, OL and new safeties. Running the football and attacking the opposing QB is how this team will stay relevant.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Pass rush, OL and new safeties. Running the football and attacking the opposing QB is how this team will stay relevant.

No question. Just assumed we'd resign or bring in a slew of Hyder, Key, Willis, Ebukam, Hurst, Ridgeway's, etc. again on 1 year deals. We've been doing it for ages now.
Originally posted by Ghostofabshelmet:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Sickaa:
Originally posted by ritz126:

we have really drafted well with this regime we are stocked with young talent everywhere.

I would like for us focus on the O-Line next off-season, especially the centre position. And maybe a nice safety too.
OL, DL and K should be the focus..then anything else

Ideally I'd like a veteran center in free agency as for the draft just go bpa ideally I'd like a tackle in the draft but I'd rather draft one with a first which we should get back in 24
we've been burned twice with Vet FA Centers. we're now building them through the draft/udfa. We should look for low draft OL to build depth
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
I'm just here for the meltdown when they don't sign or draft the positions you want them to. Already got my popcorn.
After listening to his presser after practice, he seems to really have his head on right. I'm optimistic about him as the starter.

Originally posted by 49ersRing:
After listening to his presser after practice, he seems to really have his head on right. I'm optimistic about him as the starter.

His situation reminds me of George Kittles rookie year. Where he was instantly with the 1st team offense if I recall correctly. Hopefully he works out the same as Kittle.
I've been waiting for them to nail one of these day-3 IOL picks. It's early but looking like we finally got one.

Depending on what they do with there 2023 FAs, I see the major holes going forward as, #2 TE, C, RT, NCB, FS, K, P, I do believe Burford & Banks will be a nice combo at Guard, I think Jaylon Moore could be the RT in 2023, or they may keep MM if he plays well. Depth at EDGE will be needed, only Bosa & Jackson are signed past 2022.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:

Depending on what they do with there 2023 FAs, I see the major holes going forward as, #2 TE, C, RT, NCB, FS, K, P, I do believe Burford & Banks will be a nice combo at Guard, I think Jaylon Moore could be the RT in 2023, or they may keep MM if he plays well. Depth at EDGE will be needed, only Bosa & Jackson are signed past 2022.

Haha. Damn near identical to my current wish list like always! You got it.
Originally posted by Heroism:
I've been waiting for them to nail one of these day-3 IOL picks. It's early but looking like we finally got one.

Preach! Fingers crossed.
Share 49ersWebzone