49ers vs. Jets at Levi's Stadium • Buy Tickets →

There are 215 users in the forums

49ers select Spencer Burford-OT/OG-UTSA, 4th Round 2022 Draft

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
If Burford can step in as a mid round pick, not to mention a small school guy and be a quality starter, that would be outstanding.

We're dude to hit on a Mid round pick On the O-Line with years of whiffing on O-Lineman with early picks.....Joshua Garnett, Marcus Martin, etc
even McGlinchy who has been decent but certainly not a top 10 pick caliber type player:
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Yup. OL (T and C), TE, then maybe S, SCB and K/P. Returner?

Pass rush, OL and new safeties. Running the football and attacking the opposing QB is how this team will stay relevant.

No question. Just assumed we'd resign or bring in a slew of Hyder, Key, Willis, Ebukam, Hurst, Ridgeway's, etc. again on 1 year deals. We've been doing it for ages now.
Keeping your starting QB healthy is another way to keep this team relevant.

I am really hoping Graves or Cregg can show the ability to develop OLinemen from scratch UDFA's. That would be a such a big advantage over the rest of the NFL. Nothing against Foerster, but I'm still leery of his past history with certain substances. Also, nothing I've seen of Foerster so far screams Bobb McKittrick 2.0. It's nice that Burford seems to be doing well, but I'd like Poe, West, and Brendel to turn into all pros! But that's just me.
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Please take Brunskills job at RT regardless of if he wins the center competition with Brendel

Brunskill?? You mean McGlinchy? Maybe next season with McGlinchy being a UDFA after the season but not this season, no way.

Sorry I meant RG. I do think next year if we don't sign McGlinchey we may move Burford over to RT and the RG competition will be between Brunskill Poe and Moore
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Please take Brunskills job at RT regardless of if he wins the center competition with Brendel

Brunskill?? You mean McGlinchy? Maybe next season with McGlinchy being a UDFA after the season but not this season, no way.

Sorry I meant RG. I do think next year if we don't sign McGlinchey we may move Burford over to RT and the RG competition will be between Brunskill Poe and Moore

Or move on from both Brunskill and McWiff.
RG1
multiple pro bowls confirmed. This has the feel of our late round mid round UDFA annual pro bowl type of player this regime is known to hit on.

For Mike McGlinchy I am extremely dissapointed. He has been solid but has the tendency to give up a huge sack in big games and moments. I need not remind you of which ones.
Future HoF Guard
I hope Brunskill kicks out at RT. Then the offensive line has massive potential. (but still needs a legit C)
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
The Jordan's he had on in the Brick by Brick episode were really nice.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I hope Brunskill kicks out at RT. Then the offensive line has massive potential. (but still needs a legit C)

Next year when we don't resign McGlinchey he will. Then Poe or Moore will slide in at RG if Brunskill is gone or moves to C

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

The dude is a mauler... I'm rooting for Poe to have a huge impact on the line as well! Might I say he has some Larry Allen type of nastiness to him
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
BEAST
Share 49ersWebzone