There are 260 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
He´s not a statue in the pocket. He´s mobile. He doesn´t have a big arm obviously. But for the last pick of the draft not bad at all.
he looked good to me, dude made good decisions and was accurate. sudfeld looked good too but I think this guy looked better. itll be interesting to see what they do with Purdy if he keeps playing like that, i dont think theyll keep three QBs
They need to find away to keep Purdy
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Yeah, agree 💯%, I think if you put Purdy on the practice squad, he'll be poached by another NFL team.
Originally posted by Giedi:

Yeah, agree 💯%, I think if you put Purdy on the practice squad, he'll be poached by another NFL team.

Gotta make him Mr irrelevant and invisible
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

Gotta make him Mr irrelevant and invisible

Or make him QB #2.

I'm hoping he beats Sudfeld, and we can get a extra day 3 pick for him. I'd love to get a 5th rounder and get another Samuel WowMack!

yeah I purdy much agree
Sudfield put me to sleep. He runs the plays and is robotic.

Purdy made something out of nothing and showed some heart even if it was a preseason game.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

Purdy made something out of nothing and showed some heart even if it was a preseason game.

The perfect PS QB!

Sudfeld showed good movement in the pocket, has a strong arm and is pretty accurate. I liked what I saw from Purdy also but he would have to show even more through pre season to beat Sudfeld.

EDIT: Sudfeld was 8/11 for 103 yards and a TD. His 3 incompletions were drops. I would argue that Sudfeld had a better night than even Trey.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Aug 13, 2022 at 6:55 AM ]

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NCommand:

The perfect PS QB!

Need to put Sudfeld back on the PS so we don't need to see his BS!!
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Sudfeld showed good movement in the pocket, has a strong arm and is pretty accurate. I liked what I saw from Purdy also but he would have to show even more through pre season to beat Sudfeld.

EDIT: Sudfeld was 8/11 for 103 yards and a TD. His 3 incompletions were drops. I would argue that Sudfeld had a better night than even Trey.

Trey had the one pass. That was the extent of his night. Can't really judge him based on that performance. Sudfeld has a stronger arm than Purdy, and while the numbers looked good it caused no movement in my pants

Purdy's real-time processing of the field was impressive. There's no two ways about it.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TyCore:

Purdy's real-time processing of the field was impressive. There's no two ways about it.

Agree 💯%, in one play he rolled into the rush and was able to get away and spot the open man for a first down. He's better than Mullens right now, 49ers got to find a way to keep him.
Brock TD and the 2pt conversion. Hella back to back plays.
Share 49ersWebzone