LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 197 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Also newsflash he didn't put that up.. those are team yards, a third of which came from Deebo taking the ball on a run for like 50.

I'm all for pumping up our guys but lets not blow smoke like a TD-less quarter is something to keep writing about months after the fact.

You mean like a TD less playoff game in Green Bay?

TDP gets caught on a run and stopped in the RZ…then Jeff Wilson doesn't get in on a TD throw in the RZ grrr Trey Lance! Lol.

Same s**t in the Bears game. Beautiful throw, fade route to Jennings, who catches and slips to the ground (because the field was a mess) easy walk in TD if not for that. Grrr Lance! For sure he had some misses in his first start as QB1. That game was a mess all around. Our OL got beat all game. We had day 3 rookies beating Trent Williams for a sack. The brand new IOL look like a IOL that just started playing together. No safety valve in CMC, Mitchell hurt and Trey never got to play with Kittle. Half his throws came when the storm really started coming down, that without question hurt his stats. People hate nuance.

as far as Jimmy dude went all last post season without throwing a TD. Faithful is the CEO of his fan club lol. But yeah let's call out 17 plays worth of football without a TD
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
There you go, slandering Brock again lol

Definitely some underlying issue with him

I'm just using your narrative in the same way (you're the one that went that route first not me)…so you do hate Lance 🤔

What route? You're parading the Seahawks game around like Trey proved something special. He did not.

Then you brought up Brock and the Tampa game. I didn't bring that up. You did

You s**t on the competition he played and I copied your approach and showed you the team Brock played the best vs which was Tampa. Who stunk.

I said the team moved the ball well the last time he played…if you could read you would have saw that. You were too busy trying to s**t on him because you hate the kid. My point is this team can help support Lance while he develops or until Brock his 100%. They've been supporting all or QBs for over 5 years. Not the other way around.

I would have to go out of my way and off topic to bring up Trey if it were the same route and I did not. The offense moved the ball for a couple drives while Lance was in. Is that really something we need to write home about?
TDP gets caught on a run and stopped in the RZ…then Jeff Wilson doesn't get in on a TD throw in the RZ grrr Trey Lance! Lol.

Same s**t in the Bears game. Beautiful throw, fade route to Jennings, who catches and slips to the ground (because the field was a mess) easy walk in TD if not for that. Grrr Lance! For sure he had some misses in his first start as QB1. That game was a mess all around. Our OL got beat all game. We had day 3 rookies beating Trent Williams for a sack. The brand new IOL look like a IOL that just started playing together. No safety valve in CMC, Mitchell hurt and Trey never got to play with Kittle. Half his throws came when the storm really started coming down, that without question hurt his stats. People hate nuance.

as far as Jimmy dude went all last post season without throwing a TD. Faithful is the CEO of his fan club lol. But yeah let's call out 17 plays worth of football without a TD

Also let's not forget that the Bears had 2 broken plays and if Jimmie Ward was healthy and playing I doubt either of those would've been for touchdowns and we win easily
Originally posted by elguapo:

Also let's not forget that the Bears had 2 broken plays and if Jimmie Ward was healthy and playing I doubt either of those would've been for touchdowns and we win easily

Maybe. It's not like the defense didn't occasionally give up some easy TDs even when Ward was back.
Bringing up Tampa Bay was not the best example, sorry. They had a top 10 defense at the time and Purdy also lit up Washington who had an extremely good defense as well I believe it was top 5-6 at the time. Their DL was sick.

So when you mention a quarterback they are playing against a defense not an entire team. Horrible example. Lance was playing against a horrific Seattle defense and Purdy was playing against a top 10 Tampa defense. Context matters when making an argument.

Purdy was the HIGHEST rated passer out of any quarterback and we averaged the most points in the league with him starting. He did a good portion of it without Deebo Samuel. I love Trey Lance he will do awesome as well. However, let's not try to minimize what Purdy did just a prop up Trey and argue against people.

Top 10? Says who? They were injured as s**t that game. Down both starting safeties. No Shaq vita got hurt that game. They were like the 15th ranked pass D. Washington was 13th. Seattle 17th.

explain to me how passer rating comes about? I get s**t on for PFF all the time, but those same people toss out passer rating like it's some bullet proof stat.

I'm not saying Brock stinks or didn't play well. I'm saying our TEAM supported all our QBs for the past 5+ years, not the other way around. And yes while he didn't have Debbo for 3 games, he did have CMC/Kittle/BA. He has a much more cohesive OL unit at that point. Lance had only BA and a brand new IOL that's was still figuring s**t out.

I see no reason why the TEAM can't support Lance early this yr while he develops or until Brock gets completely healthy.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 21, 2023 at 2:14 PM ]
Yeah he's got years and Super Bowls to win before tossing out GOAT comparisons. He played damn well though. He could be Montana or he could end up being Case Keenum all said a done (who actually had a full season of good QB play while in Minn).

that's why some people including myself say 7 starts and 170 passing attempts isn't enough to anoint him anything. Hopefully he gets completely healed and continues to ascend.

People are just so desperate for a FQB they're ready to anoint him after 7 starts. They're way too impatient.
Originally posted by 9moon:
Originally posted by 9moon:
someone already calling B-Rock the NEXT Joe Cool?

Maybe one day for me I'm not gonna toss out that kind of stuff after 7 starts and 170 passing attempts. That would be pretty sweet though.

The last QB who really was compared to Joe Cool after a very promising rookie year was Rick Mirer... and look how that turned out.

He's Bro cool. Lol doesn't sound good.

can we all just rock with what I always call him? Dirty Purdy! I was watching him play and he juked a defender and I said out loud while watching "Damn! He did him dirty!.. DIRTY PURDY!

I for sure thought that throw to Jennings down the sideline would be a TD and was pissed that it wasn't. On a sunny day with the field dry that is for sure an easy walk in TD.
But yeah let's call out 17 plays worth of football without a TD

I didn't bring up the infamous 17 plays.. you did.. it's called blowing smoke.

you claim it is proof of something, but you also claim in other posts that you can't draw any conclusive takes, he hasn't played enough ball..

I'm just using your narrative in the same way (you're the one that went that route first not me)…so you do hate Lance 🤔

What route? You're parading the Seahawks game around like Trey proved something special. He did not.

You s**t on the competition he played and I copied your approach and showed you the team Brock played the best vs which was Tampa. Who stunk.

I said the team moved the ball well the last time he played…if you could read you would have saw that. You were too busy trying to s**t on him because you hate the kid. My point is this team can help support Lance while he develops or until Brock his 100%. They've been supporting all or QBs for over 5 years. Not the other way around.

Bringing up Tampa Bay was not the best example, sorry. They had a top 10 defense at the time and Purdy also lit up Washington who had an extremely good defense as well I believe it was top 5-6 at the time. Their DL was sick.

So when you mention a quarterback they are playing against a defense not an entire team. Horrible example. Lance was playing against a horrific Seattle defense and Purdy was playing against a top 10 Tampa defense. Context matters when making an argument.

Purdy was the HIGHEST rated passer out of any quarterback and we averaged the most points in the league with him starting. He did a good portion of it without Deebo Samuel. I love Trey Lance he will do awesome as well. However, let's not try to minimize what Purdy did just a prop up Trey and argue against people.

the real mic drop

Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Yeah he's got years and Super Bowls to win before tossing out GOAT comparisons. He played damn well though. He could be Montana or he could end up being Case Keenum all said a done (who actually had a full season of good QB play while in Minn).

that's why some people including myself say 7 starts and 170 passing attempts isn't enough to anoint him anything. Hopefully he gets completely healed and continues to ascend.

People are just so desperate for a FQB they're ready to anoint him after 7 starts. They're way too impatient.

I understand the narrative and patience that everyone's preaching regarding crowning anyone - what gets me the most about Purdy is how he ELEVATED the entire offenses play. Literally #1 in just about everything - we were a super efficient and scoring machine, while also maintaining aggressiveness in the play calling.

it was the first time in my life I've see a 49ers QB make the offense BETTER and not just a cog that tries to keep it all running.
it was probably the best feeling I've ever had watching 49ers football…a dominant and impressive qb who was hard to stop. Would hit you with dimes, misdirections, getting others open, buying time. Etc I've never seen it at that level by a 49ers qb. It's a beautiful thing.
Originally posted by tankle104:

I understand the narrative and patience that everyone's preaching regarding crowning anyone - what gets me the most about Purdy is how he ELEVATED the entire offenses play. Literally #1 in just about everything - we were a super efficient and scoring machine, while also maintaining aggressiveness in the play calling.

it was the first time in my life I've see a 49ers QB make the offense BETTER and not just a cog that tries to keep it all running.
it was probably the best feeling I've ever had watching 49ers football…a dominant and impressive qb who was hard to stop. Would hit you with dimes, misdirections, getting others open, buying time. Etc I've never seen it at that level by a 49ers qb. It's a beautiful thing.

that highlighted is one of the saddest things i've ever seen on here.. gonna guess you didn't get to see Montana and Young
heck I'd take original JG.. Jeff Garcia.. he elevated vs NYG in playoffs, no question.. Garoppolo offered this in stretches, 2017, Cardinal 4 TDs, Saints 48 point game, vs Rams (in regular season) etc.

I guess you aren't very old. I agree that he's the first in quite some time but I've seen others that were better. I hope you will some day too.

the real mic drop

People forget that Miami was one of the hottest teams in the League when he went in at 8-3.

bucs had a legit defense at the time too. They lost all passion down the stretch though once it was clear they weren't doing Jack.

winning IN Seattle is extremely impressive, and it clinched the division. - that was super impressive and he did it very convincingly.

commanders defense was much better than people realize, their D line is awesome. It was also chases first game back and he was fresh as can be.

the raiders game was one of my favorites cause the defense left us out to dry but Purdy responded over and over again, extremely impressive.

The cards game was actually one of Purdys worst games, if you can call it that. Even Kyle said so.

his stretch of games is much more impressive than just "playoff teams" - there is a lot of missing context to those games…. Like he was pick 262 and a rookie with very few reps. literally never has Happened

Then two impressive playoff wins before getting his arm ripped off

he did all that while TURNING us into the #1 offense during that stretch. I love it and can't get enough of it.

that highlighted is one of the saddest things i've ever seen on here.. gonna guess you didn't get to see Montana and Young
heck I'd take original JG.. Jeff Garcia.. he elevated vs NYG in playoffs, no question.. Garoppolo offered this in stretches, 2017, Cardinal 4 TDs, Saints 48 point game, vs Rams (in regular season) etc.

Key word.. stretch's. Lol I was 1.5 when we won our last super bowl. I started watching in 03 and well… enough said 😭😭.

I've always been a huge history buff and would spend hours reading and watching about the golden years. I want it… bad…I've seen 6 winning seasons ir something like ever for 49ers ball and 2 superboel loses 0 wins 😭😭
Share 49ersWebzone