LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 235 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tommyncal:
"Quite honestly, if I was giving Brock advice, my advice would be don't prioritize game one. Prioritize the season. Prioritize your career."
Advice from Dr. Jeff Dugas, the orthopedic surgeon who performed the same UCL repair surgery on former Niners QB Nick Mullens.
Makes sense to me.

That's easy to say when you're not fighting for your professional life, but it's good advice. This doctor did also say he dragged out mullens recovery because they had extra time because of when it happened during the season.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Come on man you're breathlessly blowing smoke about 5 qtrs of TD less football I'm just trying to keep it fair and balanced

There was some good there was also some stuff that Mike Martz saw and said this guy is a ways off.. so let's keep it real

BP if healthy I don't know how much TL gets in this offseason tbh, it would be BPs job most know that to be the case

You've been blowing smoke about Jimmy for years…no passing TDs in the playoffs. More INTs than TDs in his playoff career…you don't get to tell me about blowing smoke, chief.

oh and no one gives a flying f**k about Mike Martz. You sure didn't when you were proclaiming 5,000 yards and 40 TDs this time last yr 😂
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 21, 2023 at 2:52 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
But yeah let's call out 17 plays worth of football without a TD

I didn't bring up the infamous 17 plays.. you did.. it's called blowing smoke.

you claim it is proof of something, but you also claim in other posts that you can't draw any conclusive takes, he hasn't played enough ball..

Was waiting for someone to bring this up
"Quite honestly, if I was giving Brock advice, my advice would be don't prioritize game one. Prioritize the season. Prioritize your career."
Advice from Dr. Jeff Dugas, the orthopedic surgeon who performed the same UCL repair surgery on former Niners QB Nick Mullens.
Makes sense to me.

very smart idea.. I remember when RG3 got hurt.. they had an entire media campaign called 'All In for Week 1'

that dude was never the same, you don't show your toughness by risking your career, there will be a temptation on the part of the player to get back out there, up to team medics, coaches to pull the reigns back a bit
Come on man you're breathlessly blowing smoke about 5 qtrs of TD less football I'm just trying to keep it fair and balanced

There was some good there was also some stuff that Mike Martz saw and said this guy is a ways off.. so let's keep it real

BP if healthy I don't know how much TL gets in this offseason tbh, it would be BPs job most know that to be the case

Originally posted by krizay:

And that's not what I was doing at all. Don't you dare put words in my mouth. I said our team has supported our QBs for years. Not the other way around. Why can't they do that for lance while he develops or until Brock is 100%.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
It wasn't the first time you just brought Brock up out of nowhere to prop Trey. That's what I mean by slandering. It's always Trey vs Brock, Trey vs Darnold, Trey vs….. just think about the team for once. Remember neither of these QBs are even my #1 choice for next season

Brought Brock up? It's his damn thread 😂 you came in and slandered Lance and I used your same narrative about Brock…you didn't like that…I hurt Charlie's feelings 😢

He wasn't part of that conversation. You've done it in other threads. It's weak
I mean Tampa wasn't top 10 overall regardless of pass D or rush D according to football outsiders. They were also down multiple starters on D. You talk about context well there ya go.

Antonio Winfield jr is a pro-bowler so yeah he is actually good and no being down one player on a already stacked list of play makers doesn't make up for missing their pro-bowl edge rusher and pro-bowler DT. Washington is good. I think most agreed Tampa was Brock's best performance overall. Hence why I brought it up.

lol what do you mean no one was talking about Seattle? That's how the convo started. You jumped in and added you thing, apparently you didn't read the post.

the whole we are a super contender thing is silly. What you don't think Brock has to develop all the same? He isn't some prime vet like Rogers out there. He played well in 6 starts. If you don't think he's gonna have ups and downs like damn near every young QB, well you're gonna be let down. He is absolutely developing all the same.

my posts have nothing to do with Brock vs Lance. I want both to be good. I don't care who starts. People act like 170 passing attempts for Brock equals Joe Montana or something. Likewise 100 passing attempts makes Lance Paxton lynch or something. The truth is no one knows yet…

Brock can continue to develop, or he can regress just like any young QB. There's going to be ups and downs, no doubt.

But his and Lance's development paths are completely different according to the available evidence. They are individual players, not plug and play pieces.
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:

Dudes been blowing smoke about Jimmy for years and talks about Lance going for 5,000 yards and 40TDs this time last yr…and he's got the balls to say that

Originally posted by tankle104:
Makes sense to me.

That's easy to say when you're not fighting for your professional life, but it's good advice. This doctor did also say he dragged out mullens recovery because they had extra time because of when it happened during the season.

Agree, so there is possibility that Lance or Darnold replaces him. I believe there is and think Purdy will be put on some kind of short term IR to start the season.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Brock can continue to develop, or he can regress just like any young QB. There's going to be ups and downs, no doubt.

But his and Lance's development paths are completely different according to the available evidence. They are individual players, not plug and play pieces.

The evidence is 170 passes. 37 QBs threw the ball more than he did last yr. And that's not even including is now lengthy recovery to his throwing arm.

I think this team can win games with either.
Originally posted by krizay:

And that's not what I was doing at all. Don't you dare put words in my mouth. I said our team has supported our QBs for years. Not the other way around. Why can't they do that for lance while he develops or until Brock is 100%.

We haven't supported all our QBs just the ones with the initials JG and with this recent loaded squad.. BP

guys like CJB, NM, BH didn't get supported. TL had one game this season, limited sample size, lost to CHI. CHI earned the #1 pick in the draft. TL also played HOU year before and ARZ. These aren't really good teams. Record so far is 1-2 in games he starts and finishes. Too early to say based on that what he is but so far it's not great.
Makes sense to me.

very smart idea.. I remember when RG3 got hurt.. they had an entire media campaign called 'All In for Week 1'

that dude was never the same, you don't show your toughness by risking your career, there will be a temptation on the part of the player to get back out there, up to team medics, coaches to pull the reigns back a bit

Wasnt the real issue that they played him on a destroyed knee in the playoffs the year Before?
Yeah right, NYniner85 - you DM me and said he was too short and you didn't like his hairline!

you're a monster!

Makes sense to me.

Agree, so there is possibility that Lance or Darnold replaces him. I believe there is and think Purdy will be put on some kind of short term IR to start the season.

Won't know until the end of training camp, most likely. My gut tells me that Purdy won't not play if he feels good enough.

it'll be key to follow up with his progress in about 6 weeks. That'll tell us if he's got back the mobility/flexibility in his arm. If that goes well, then he has a shot at being 100% per the reports.

I'm just glad he's still super young and doesn't have a lot of miles on his tissue in that area. He's had about as ideal of a surgery that you can hope for in this situation, up to this point.
Share 49ersWebzone