LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 282 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Regardless, he did make some pretty impressive progress in the accuracy dept. i wouldn't say he was inaccurate (like I would Lance). I would say he struggled to hit those dimes and great ball placement for his guys to have the best chance consistently.

maybe that's what you mean?

No, I think he struggles with decision making and trying to make plays that aren't there. He tries to do too much because that's what's almost always been required of him for his teams to be successful. Plus you have to give allowance for just adjusting to the pro game while playing for a bad team.

I think if you turn on his film from Wyoming he's making plays that only the most talented QBs of all time could even dream of making. He's dropping pin point passes on the run fading away well down field. Fitting balls into incredibly tight windows etc. He's a unicorn. Never understood the comparison with Lance because the arm talent is miles apart and that's not a knock on Lance.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Regardless, he did make some pretty impressive progress in the accuracy dept. i wouldn't say he was inaccurate (like I would Lance). I would say he struggled to hit those dimes and great ball placement for his guys to have the best chance consistently.

No, I think he struggles with decision making and trying to make plays that aren't there. He tries to do too much because that's what's almost always been required of him for his teams to be successful. Plus you have to give allowance for just adjusting to the pro game while playing for a bad team.

I think if you turn on his film from Wyoming he's making plays that only the most talented QBs of all time could even dream of making. He's dropping pin point passes on the run fading away well down field. Fitting balls into incredibly tight windows etc. He's a unicorn. Never understood the comparison with Lance because the arm talent is miles apart and that's not a knock on Lance.

Yeah I'll check it out and see if maybe I. Just saw games where he uniquely struggled. He did play at Wyoming which isn't a great program and played against good teams.

i think the old NDSU coach that won a bunch there is at Wyoming now
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by tommyncal:
"Quite honestly, if I was giving Brock advice, my advice would be don't prioritize game one. Prioritize the season. Prioritize your career."
Advice from Dr. Jeff Dugas, the orthopedic surgeon who performed the same UCL repair surgery on former Niners QB Nick Mullens.
Makes sense to me.

Like I said his deal is to get healthy and focus on the long-term. Go from there.

Yep, pretty simple thought process. Then when all healthy. Kyle will pick the best of the 3 QBs. I just want the best one going forward.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Lol

he isn't Cosell.. but he did coach 40 years, walked our sideline, won a SB, was an NFL head coach with above 60 win percent.. etc, etc..

I'm just doing what you do grab one thing to diminish his credibility. Pretty annoying huh?
Lol

he isn't Cosell.. but he did coach 40 years, walked our sideline, won a SB, was an NFL head coach with above 60 win percent.. etc, etc..

I'm just doing what you do grab one thing to diminish his credibility. Pretty annoying huh?

Where did I diminish Cosell lol? That was you and another poster..
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
He gets laughed at for holding on to 17 plays in which Trey honestly did nothing great. Then out of nowhere s**ts on Brock's game against Tampa and says he's flipping our logic on us. Dude is lost lol

I'm do exactly what you do in here…now Charlie is mad lol
that's a good point..

and if we do visit the JTO in 2008, which is ancient history, but since NY brought it up, that was JTO preferred to Alex.. Alex was terrible back then, JTO was better at that time.. early on Alex was pretty non-functional.

Martz had a hard on from JTO. Martz got lucky that Warner turned into a HOF QB. His offense became outdated and he couldn't find a job.

but yes find whomever to push a narrative. Which I don't even know what it is at this pt. You thought Lance was gonna be the MVP then flip flopped after 4 QRs of football. Love how you keep dodging that one 😂
Lol

Where did I diminish Cosell lol? That was you and another poster..

Why bring up his name then? I don't even know what anyone is upset about with him.
"Quite honestly, if I was giving Brock advice, my advice would be don't prioritize game one. Prioritize the season. Prioritize your career."
Advice from Dr. Jeff Dugas, the orthopedic surgeon who performed the same UCL repair surgery on former Niners QB Nick Mullens.
Makes sense to me.

Like I said his deal is to get healthy and focus on the long-term. Go from there.

Yep, pretty simple thought process. Then when all healthy. Kyle will pick the best of the 3 QBs. I just want the best one going forward.

Makes sense. FWIW I'm not sure Darnold is in that discussion. He is super young…but he's played enough football to have an idea of what he is.
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Yeah I'll check it out and see if maybe I. Just saw games where he uniquely struggled. He did play at Wyoming which isn't a great program and played against good teams.

i think the old NDSU coach that won a bunch there is at Wyoming now

It was pretty clear from his college tape that Josh Allen had some amazing talent underneath that rough exterior.

Makes sense to me.

Makes sense. FWIW I'm not sure Darnold is in that discussion. He is super young…but he's played enough football to have an idea of what he is.

Yea, I've read enough of your posts to know you're not a Darnold fan and no reason to be because he hasn't shown much in his 55 NFL games. However, the FO must see something in him. With incentives he can make over $11M this upcoming year. This makes me think he will be given a chance to compete.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
It was pretty clear from his college tape that Josh Allen had some amazing talent underneath that rough exterior.

Josh Allen's accuracy was worse than Lance's and that's with twice as many passing reps. Overall watching that film you could see wow flashes with Allen, I mean the size and arm talent was next level. However I think Lance was better (at 19) at legit QB play (pre/post snap recognition pass protection calls etc) than Allen was.
Yea, I've read enough of your posts to know you're not a Darnold fan and no reason to be because he hasn't shown much in his 55 NFL games. However, the FO must see something in him. With incentives he can make over $11M this upcoming year. This makes me think he will be given a chance to compete.

I mean incentives don't mean much. It's about the GTD cash as far as how much a team values a guy. In fact if a guy has more incentives compared to actual gtd cash… I would say they value him less. It's more a prove it contract with not much to lose for the team deal.

I've seen enough of Sam to realize he can't see the field well. His footwork is not good. Accuracy on rhythm throws is bottom of the league among starters. I think where he can shine is with bootlegs and stuff outside the pocket. Easy reads. I mean maybe I'm wrong and he magically changes on a bunch of stuff. It's been 5 yrs and a lot of football though.
Wait so SF reached out to Big Ben after Jimmy got hurt and after Brock played?

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Wait so SF reached out to Big Ben after Jimmy got hurt and after Brock played?

Right after Jimmy got hurt and before Trey went on his run. After Prudy got hurt in the NFCCG, Ben would have probably finished the Championship game and if we won, would have started the Super Bowl.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 21, 2023 at 5:57 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone