LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 276 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Wait so SF reached out to Big Ben after Jimmy got hurt and after Brock played?

If we were 8-4 that puts us at the Mia game. Brock's first introduction.

Your posts about Brock compared to Trey sure does sound alot like your posts about Mac when comparing to Trey.

You can say you believe or want Brock all you want but I'm not buying it. Way too many similarities.
[ Edited by krizay on Mar 21, 2023 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
this was part of the Martz complaint. Martz was asked the #1 thing he looks for in a QB and he says accuracy. I think like any skill the more you do it the better you can get, no reason he can't throw a ton this summer and get better.

Was watching a thing on Randy Johnson, different sport of course, but I didn't realize he was a mediocre pitcher early on apparently he couldn't locate worth crap and had to acquire this. This is the kind of skill you can acquire just out on a field throwing the ball around, or with a coach changing your throw mechanics, you don't need regular season play time to work on this. BP was dotting ppl. It's one thing to complete it, it's another to put it right on guys.

Mike Martz loved JTO lol. Enough said

Lol

he isn't Cosell.. but he did coach 40 years, walked our sideline, won a SB, was an NFL head coach with above 60 win percent.. etc, etc..

Bill Walsh chose Giovanni carmazzi over Brady… enough said.

Was that really Bill Walsh's decision or was there some DeBartolo influence there? Maybe they just wanted an Italian back there hahahaha.
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
this was part of the Martz complaint. Martz was asked the #1 thing he looks for in a QB and he says accuracy. I think like any skill the more you do it the better you can get, no reason he can't throw a ton this summer and get better.

Was watching a thing on Randy Johnson, different sport of course, but I didn't realize he was a mediocre pitcher early on apparently he couldn't locate worth crap and had to acquire this. This is the kind of skill you can acquire just out on a field throwing the ball around, or with a coach changing your throw mechanics, you don't need regular season play time to work on this. BP was dotting ppl. It's one thing to complete it, it's another to put it right on guys.

Lol

he isn't Cosell.. but he did coach 40 years, walked our sideline, won a SB, was an NFL head coach with above 60 win percent.. etc, etc..

Was that really Bill Walsh's decision or was there some DeBartolo influence there? Maybe they just wanted an Italian back there hahahaha.

Not sure who's decision but...

"This is Scouting 101," Mariucci said to The Eagle-Tribune. "Gio was a Rhodes Scholar (candidate), did really well in the Wonderlic (intelligence test). Was a point guard on the basketball team. He was a captain. He was very athletic. He had a very strong arm. He ran a 4.7 40 (yard dash).

Should never be the starting point for a QB
Originally posted by GoreGoreGore:
Not sure if your reading comprehension is still very bad or you just like to play the victim, but people here are arguing that because he's injured and might not be ready to throw until later in the offseason, that we should not rush him back.

You on other hand would rather rush back from injury our potential franchise QB just bc you hate Lance.

My reading comprehension? Lol have you spent any time at all reading up on Brocks recovery and the steps involved?

if you did, you'd know that by ALL accounts by doctors, he should be 100% healed up and been throwing for three months by week 1. Only thing stoping that will be a recovery set back, which says a lot. If you're assuming that'll happen.

so.. lol life must be really hard for you :/

Buddy, I wasn't even talking to you....you okay lol
Originally posted by krizay:

Lol

"This is Scouting 101," Mariucci said to The Eagle-Tribune. "Gio was a Rhodes Scholar (candidate), did really well in the Wonderlic (intelligence test). Was a point guard on the basketball team. He was a captain. He was very athletic. He had a very strong arm. He ran a 4.7 40 (yard dash).

Agreed. He was terrible 😂

Your posts about Brock compared to Trey sure does sound alot like your posts about Mac when comparing to Trey.

You can say you believe or want Brock all you want but I'm not buying it. Way too many similarities.

Sir Lancelot the white knight is always working to ensure everyone knows that Trey is better, even though he lost to the worst team in the league in his only full game after being the anointed starter for a full offseason.

it's so damn old, and pathetic.

Lol

Walsh was the vp and GM till 2000. Whether he had full power of that pick IDK. Clark and what's his name were running the show soon after. So he has to take some responsibility.

As I said everyone makes mistakes even walsh made big ones with day one picks. Like the current regime-it was the later picks that solidified the team
Originally posted by RabidNiner:

Sir Lancelot the white knight is always working to ensure everyone knows that Trey is better, even though he lost to the worst team in the league in his only full game after being the anointed starter for a full offseason.

it's so damn old, and pathetic.

What? He played three full games what are you even on. And it was in god awful conditions, the same kind of conditions in which Jimmy threw two interceptions in 2021. Like seriously, pass that sh to me man.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Mar 21, 2023 at 7:07 PM ]

Brock is not like Mac Jones. Brock is more like a weaker armed Mahomes. Mac is not even half the improvisor Brock is.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Brock is not like Mac Jones. Brock is more like a weaker armed Mahomes. Mac is not even half the improvisor Brock is.

I like Brock over Mac and they may have asked about Big Ben but I bet after we kicked TB butt they weren't calling Ben then. Brock took the reigns and took off!

Lol

Agreed. He was terrible 😂

But big arms and speed make great QBs! Just ask montana, Brady, Bree's, so on and so forth! If they have it, the sky is the limit.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

I like Brock over Mac and they may have asked about Big Ben but I bet after we kicked TB butt they weren't calling Ben then. Brock took the reigns and took off!

That was in hindsight a mistake. Him or Rivers would have been nice in the NFCCG.
I always laugh because everyone acts like Newton was this stud and all that. He's only had like 3-4 good seasons in his career. He hasn't won a game or passed over 3k yards in several years.

He's an amazing football player but a good qb on his best days. Still don't know how you win the mvp when 75% of your touchdown passes came in 4 games (25% of the season), didn't even break 60% completion percentage, and in the remaining 75% of the games he was 1-1 on TD/int ration.

Outstanding athlete and could do damage with his legs but that won mvp?? He robbed his amazing defense that year of all the glory and then s**t the bed in the super bowl. I told everyone I knew to bet for the broncos to win because cam will be terrible against a defense like the broncos.

Could of been a HOF tightend with his freak size and athleticism
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 21, 2023 at 7:32 PM ]
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

That was in hindsight a mistake. Him or Rivers would have been nice in the NFCCG.

I never understood the Josh Johnson signing, at all.

Not what I was saying. I agree with your assessment. I was referring to how NY claimed he was OK with Mac like he claims he's OK with Brock and what not. Yet every chance he gets he seems to take a shot at Brock just like he did with Mac.

There is no question Brock has played better than Mac
Share 49ersWebzone