LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 246 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Sir Lancelot the white knight is always working to ensure everyone knows that Trey is better, even though he lost to the worst team in the league in his only full game after being the anointed starter for a full offseason.

it's so damn old, and pathetic.

This post is pathetic and Lance wasn't the only reason they lost that game. How about Jimmy losing to the s**tty Broncos?
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Sir Lancelot the white knight is always working to ensure everyone knows that Trey is better, even though he lost to the worst team in the league in his only full game after being the anointed starter for a full offseason.

This post is pathetic and Lance wasn't the only reason they lost that game. How about Jimmy losing to the s**tty Broncos?
Lol. NY spends day and night pimping for Lance and no one said anything about the (former 49er) Jimmy G. Jimmy didn't practice with the Niners last offseason, so cope harder. This is about Brock and NY trying to passive-aggressively pimp Lance at every available opportunity.
I need some more damn high step, double fake, 13 to 85 bobble catch, Seahawks shut out action
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by ninerfan818:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
this was part of the Martz complaint. Martz was asked the #1 thing he looks for in a QB and he says accuracy. I think like any skill the more you do it the better you can get, no reason he can't throw a ton this summer and get better.

Was watching a thing on Randy Johnson, different sport of course, but I didn't realize he was a mediocre pitcher early on apparently he couldn't locate worth crap and had to acquire this. This is the kind of skill you can acquire just out on a field throwing the ball around, or with a coach changing your throw mechanics, you don't need regular season play time to work on this. BP was dotting ppl. It's one thing to complete it, it's another to put it right on guys.

Mike Martz loved JTO lol. Enough said

Lol

he isn't Cosell.. but he did coach 40 years, walked our sideline, won a SB, was an NFL head coach with above 60 win percent.. etc, etc..

Bill Walsh chose Giovanni carmazzi over Brady… enough said.

Was that really Bill Walsh's decision or was there some DeBartolo influence there? Maybe they just wanted an Italian back there hahahaha.

Walsh was the vp and GM till 2000. Whether he had full power of that pick IDK. Clark and what's his name were running the show soon after. So he has to take some responsibility.

As I said everyone makes mistakes even walsh made big ones with day one picks. Like the current regime-it was the later picks that solidified the team

Yah but that was a bad one hahaha. That said nobody was beating down Tom Brady's door given the belly he had at the combine and just overall not being that impressive.

New England took a gamble, Drew agrees got injured and the rest is storybook history. Let's all hope BP comes back strong as heck and tapes a step next year now that he knows the offense much better and had developed chemistry. Health is key.
Originally posted by Montana:
I need some more damn high step, double fake, 13 to 85 bobble catch, Seahawks shut out action

Dirty Purdy does his enemies the only way he knows how, dirty. Muhahaha
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Brock is not like Mac Jones. Brock is more like a weaker armed Mahomes. Mac is not even half the improvisor Brock is.

I like Brock over Mac and they may have asked about Big Ben but I bet after we kicked TB butt they weren't calling Ben then. Brock took the reigns and took off!

That was in hindsight a mistake. Him or Rivers would have been nice in the NFCCG.

Do you think a competitor like Rivers would have accepted to be the back up of Purdy? I don´t.
As for Big Ben, thank god they didn´t sign that piece of s**t.
Originally posted by krizay:
Wait so SF reached out to Big Ben after Jimmy got hurt and after Brock played?

If we were 8-4 that puts us at the Mia game. Brock's first introduction.

Your posts about Brock compared to Trey sure does sound alot like your posts about Mac when comparing to Trey.

You can say you believe or want Brock all you want but I'm not buying it. Way too many similarities.

Personally I don't give a s**t if you "buy it" I have nothing to prove to you. I do like Brock and I want him to succeed. Do I have my questions about how great he will be long-term, sure. You'd be dumb not to. As far as Lance I just want to see him play and fail before tossing him down the toilet. I have no clue what he can become and anyone saying they do is a lier.

Who the f**k are you lol? I don't think I've spoken to you once in here.

clearly you have no idea what you're talking about regarding me. but yeah go ahead and make up stuff 😂
Personally I don't give a s**t if you "buy it" I have nothing to prove to you. I do like Brock and I want him to succeed. Do I have my questions about how great he will be long-term, sure. You'd be dumb not to. As far as Lance I just want to see him play and fail before tossing him down the toilet. I have no clue what he can become and anyone saying they do is a lier.

That's the thing. I don't need Brock to be good or top ten. Jimmy was that at times and in spurts. I need Brock to be able to beat Hurts and Mahomes. If he or Trey does that I'm sold. Win the chip!
Brock is not like Mac Jones. Brock is more like a weaker armed Mahomes. Mac is not even half the improvisor Brock is.

I like Brock over Mac and they may have asked about Big Ben but I bet after we kicked TB butt they weren't calling Ben then. Brock took the reigns and took off!

McCorkle isn't close to Brock. Ill I did was post something that the WZ already did and a couple people got all bent out of shape…like I was the guy who called Big Ben lol wtf.

i agree I'm sure it was short lived.

Who the f**k are you lol? I don't think I've spoken to you once in here.

clearly you have no idea what you're talking about regarding me. but yeah go ahead and make up stuff 😂

Seems like he's a fan of yours and enjoys your posts 🤣

McCorkle isn't close to Brock. Ill I did was post something that the WZ already did and a couple people got all bent out of shape…like I was the guy who called Big Ben lol wtf.

i agree I'm sure it was short lived.

I mean you posted it in this thread as if Brock called him.

They called Big Ben AFTER seeing Bock play!!

You could've just deleted the rest of your post, becauee that's really the only point you were trying to make
Lol. NY spends day and night pimping for Lance and no one said anything about the (former 49er) Jimmy G. Jimmy didn't practice with the Niners last offseason, so cope harder. This is about Brock and NY trying to passive-aggressively pimp Lance at every available opportunity.

What are you…two? Did I hurt your feelings? We got people in here talking about Montana with Brock and I'm pimping out lance? GTFO.

yeah Jimmy running out of the back of the EZ is totally something you practice not doing in the off season lol.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 22, 2023 at 3:59 AM ]
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

You could've just deleted the rest of your post, becauee that's really the only point you were trying to make

They did call him after Brock payed. It was in the article. Sorry if that upsets you. Love how you added the !!! and ALL CAPS for some dramatic flair (because I did not).

I'm sure it was short lived. Maybe they weren't as infatuated with Brock prior…unlike what some in here thought.

I'm sure you wouldn't have said anything if it was Lance playing when they called Big Ben lol
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 22, 2023 at 4:00 AM ]
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

They did call him after Brock payed. It was in the article. Sorry if that upsets you. Love how you added the !!! and ALL CAPS for some dramatic flair (because I did not).

I'm sure it was short lived. Maybe they weren't as infatuated with Brock prior…unlike what some in here thought.

I'm sure you wouldn't have said anything if it was Lance playing when they called Big Ben lol

Calling a Hofer is awesome. I want them calling Brady, so no I'm not bothered lmao

What was the point of bringing it to this thread and mentioning "after Brock played"?
Share 49ersWebzone