LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 259 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Sir Lancelot the white knight is always working to ensure everyone knows that Trey is better, even though he lost to the worst team in the league in his only full game after being the anointed starter for a full offseason.

it's so damn old, and pathetic.

This post is pathetic and Lance wasn't the only reason they lost that game. How about Jimmy losing to the s**tty Broncos?

How about Deebo fumbling the ball away in the redzone? What about the defense giving up 2 deep TD's?
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Calling a Hofer is awesome. I want them calling Brady, so no I'm not bothered lmao

What was the point of bringing it to this thread and mentioning "after Brock played"?

Lol it's literally the top article on this website. The article said it was after Brock played when they reached out (also Jimmy injury game). Why not talk about it? Yeah Big Ben couldn't even throw a football at that point lol.

Sorry this upsets you Charlie, guess we aren't allowed to discuss it….I mean only when it fits your narrative apparently.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 22, 2023 at 5:15 AM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
Sir Lancelot the white knight is always working to ensure everyone knows that Trey is better, even though he lost to the worst team in the league in his only full game after being the anointed starter for a full offseason.

This post is pathetic and Lance wasn't the only reason they lost that game. How about Jimmy losing to the s**tty Broncos?

How about Deebo fumbling the ball away in the redzone? What about the defense giving up 2 deep TD's?

We're not allowed to discuss that
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Calling a Hofer is awesome. I want them calling Brady, so no I'm not bothered lmao

What was the point of bringing it to this thread and mentioning "after Brock played"?

Lol it's literally the top article on this website. The article said it was after Brock played when they reached out (also Jimmy injury game). Why not talk about it? Yeah Big Ben couldn't even throw a football at that point lol.

Sorry this upsets you Charlie, guess we aren't allowed to discuss it….I mean only when it fits your narrative apparently.

John called Ben the week Jimmy went down. I honestly don't see the reason to discuss that here but okay. It doesn't bother anybody, they just see through your BS

And god forbid we talk about Brock's tendencies and the things he needs to work on to stay ahead of the curve.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Mar 22, 2023 at 5:22 AM ]

Nobody said you're not allowed, just wondering the reason to discuss that here. We got Hargrove top article on the website, I don't see you discussing it in this thread

And god forbid we talk about Brock's tendencies and the things he needs to work on to stay ahead of the curve.

Sure, but dude hasn't lost a game and put up great numbers. Criticisms can come off as nitpicky.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

Sure, but dude hasn't lost a game and put up great numbers. Criticisms can come off as nitpicky.

Technically he did lose a game. He just hasn't lost a game he has finished. It is okay recognizing and discussing players strengths as well as weaknesses. There are some fans in here that refuse to accept that Brock does have weaknesses and DC's will find a way to take away his strengths and force him into his weaknesses. We saw that in the Dallas game and if it were not for Dak completely s**tting the bed, the outcome could very well have been different. Can't get away with putting up only 19 points against Patrick Mahomes or Jalen Hurts.
Guys this thread is getting very narky and unpleasant. There is no need for it. Carry on like this and there will be time out's.

Technically he did lose a game. He just hasn't lost a game he has finished. It is okay recognizing and discussing players strengths as well as weaknesses. There are some fans in here that refuse to accept that Brock does have weaknesses and DC's will find a way to take away his strengths and force him into his weaknesses. We saw that in the Dallas game and if it were not for Dak completely s**tting the bed, the outcome could very well have been different. Can't get away with putting up only 19 points against Patrick Mahomes or Jalen Hurts.

Can you locate these posts that claim Brock has no weaknesses?

Its the responses like the one just posted that call them nitpicking. Those posters are unable to accept and discuss them.

Its the responses like the one just posted that call them nitpicking. Those posters are unable to accept and discuss them.

When you're over in the Trey thread acting like running it down Seattles throat for 17 plays while Trey was in is something that needs to be remembered and praised…..yea it comes off as nitpicking. People will not want to have that discussion when the motives are obvious
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 22, 2023 at 7:30 AM ]
Imagine being a browns fan right now and you're stuck with that dirtbag Watson for the next few years. Doesn't even matter if he wins or not - i wouldn't even root for the 49ers if we signed him. I wanted Watson BAD out of college for us too. I loved the way he played the game but some things are bigger than the game. Says a lot about browns ownership and the god awful contract they gave him (which pissed off every other team because of the guaranteed nature).

When you're over in the Trey thread acting like running it down the Seattles throat for 17 plays while Trey was in is something that's needs to be remembered and praised…..yea it comes off as nitpicking. People will not want to have that discussion when the motives are obvious

If you read through that thread, you will see posts of me discussing his strengths as well as his weaknesses. You will see me giving him praise as well as criticism. You will find the same thing in the Jimmy thread. I will also continue to do the same here and in the Trey thread. In fact, if you go through the weeks that Brock was starting, you will see a whole lot of praise and stats to back up the praise I expressed for Brock. So don't try to make this out to be that I am defending Trey while beating down Brock. I have said many times that I like both QB's and would love nothing more than for both to be successful.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Mar 22, 2023 at 7:36 AM ]

When you're over in the Trey thread acting like running it down the Seattles throat for 17 plays while Trey was in is something that's needs to be remembered and praised…..yea it comes off as nitpicking. People will not want to have that discussion when the motives are obvious

If you read through that thread, you will see posts of me discussing his strengths as well as his weaknesses. You will see me giving him praise as well as criticism. You will find the same thing in the Jimmy thread. I will also continue to do the same here and in the Trey thread. In fact, if you go through the weeks that Brock was starting, you will see a whole lot of praise and stats to back up the praise I expressed for Brock. So don't try to make this out to be that I am defending Trey while beating down Brock. I have said many times that I like both QB's and would love nothing more than for both to be successful.

Well there's a crowd that is much harder on Brock than Trey. They wanted Brock to win the SB to keep the starting job, but now as long as Trey gets carried to a few wins he's the starter. It's that kind of lopsidedness that turns people off to the Purdy nitpickers
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 22, 2023 at 7:41 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone