There are 202 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by YACBros85:
You keep bringing up hope. There is no hope about it. If Brock cannot take 1st team reps through OTA's/TC/PS or any live reps at all this off season and Trey is playing well there is 0 reason to bench him and every reason to keep him in there until he proves otherwise. If Trey performs poorly, you put Brock back in when he is ready. I am not sure why that is such a difficult concept to understand.

No matter how great someone looked for a short stretch, you still have guys like Joe Flacco and Carson Wentz. Carson Wentz was a front runner MVP candidate before he suffered a major injury. He was never the same after that. Not saying that is Brock's projection but you are assuming its not all the same. I am simply asking folks to just be more patient with the QB situation and trust Shanahan no matter what he decides.
People who want Lance to play are definitely hopeful he will be good. There is no other explanation because he's never done anything great. you're hoping he works out. You're hoping he improves. You're hoping he can justify his draft slot. You're hoping he becomes more accurate.

You def can't think he is going to be great off of his film? If so, please share the film with me.

there is nothing wrong with hoping he works out, so do i. I just don't want him starting unless he can play better than Purdy (once healthy). If he does, then hell yeah, start him.

You are hoping that Brock comes back the same after a major injury to his throwing arm. I am simply saying that there is nothing wrong with giving Trey another opportunity while Brock recovers and gets back to playing form. I am also saying you don't bench a player if they are performing well.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Mar 22, 2023 at 11:21 AM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by CatchMaster80:
Originally posted by Koldo:
Originally posted by English:
Guys this thread is getting very narky and unpleasant. There is no need for it. Carry on like this and there will be time out's.

I wonder what a Joe Montana / Steve Young QB Thread would have looked like if the Internet had existed back in the day.

One thing is for sure: NY would be lecturing everyone about how to be a "true fan".

We didn't have the internet so we actually talked and argued with each other in person. Imagine that. There were more sports writers then too so there were plenty of articles about who was better and who should Walsh go with.

And the sports writers were immeasurably superior to what you see nowadays. So the arguments tended to have some basis to them. Joe supporters were pushing his coolness and Steve's inexperience, and the "deer caught in the car headlights" comment. Steve supporters tended to stress Joe's injuries and Steve's arm and his running ability. Both sides had their points.

One of the main differences I think, was that in the absence of the internet if you started to get all narky, as is frequently the case nowadays, you tended to get an offer of facial rearrangement, or at least a beer shower. Nowadays unfortunately you can be unpleasant without the same response.

Originally posted by eric_anthony:
All this talk of this is a SB team needs to stop. They just lost Demeco and have a new DC. They lost some key players on defense like Eman and Jimmie Ward so no one can say that this is a SB roster as of now. This defense may not be the top number 1 defense this year and we all know the strong suit of this team has been the defense.

It's fair to say that this team needs to continue to prove its dominant and not rest on its laurels from yesteryear, but there is a real possibility that this team will be more dominant than last year. I think we will. I'm hoping we will. Haha but i expect us to be top 5 at worst.

it'll be interesting to see how quickly the coach and players mesh and align.
You keep bringing up hope. There is no hope about it. If Brock cannot take 1st team reps through OTA's/TC/PS or any live reps at all this off season and Trey is playing well there is 0 reason to bench him and every reason to keep him in there until he proves otherwise. If Trey performs poorly, you put Brock back in when he is ready. I am not sure why that is such a difficult concept to understand.

No matter how great someone looked for a short stretch, you still have guys like Joe Flacco and Carson Wentz. Carson Wentz was a front runner MVP candidate before he suffered a major injury. He was never the same after that. Not saying that is Brock's projection but you are assuming its not all the same. I am simply asking folks to just be more patient with the QB situation and trust Shanahan no matter what he decides.
People who want Lance to play are definitely hopeful he will be good. There is no other explanation because he's never done anything great. you're hoping he works out. You're hoping he improves. You're hoping he can justify his draft slot. You're hoping he becomes more accurate.

You def can't think he is going to be great off of his film? If so, please share the film with me.

there is nothing wrong with hoping he works out, so do i. I just don't want him starting unless he can play better than Purdy (once healthy). If he does, then hell yeah, start him.

You are hoping that Brock comes back the same after a major injury to his throwing arm. I am simply saying that there is nothing wrong with giving Trey another opportunity while Brock recovers and gets back to playing form. I am also saying you don't bench a player if they are performing well.

Lol I am. Idk why people have a problem with hope? What else can fan do?

i don't consider "well" to be very good. I think Brock has shown that "well" is his worst play. You don't continue to play someone when someone in the wings has shown that "well" is his worst day.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 11:22 AM ]

Oh, I got you. Its only okay to hope if its Brock. 🤣

What in the world are you talking about? Lol
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Yes Sam can beat Brock out too. Based on Brock's play it's unlikely, but the best QB plays idk why you don't get this

Because I don't f**king believe you. I do not believe that you would allow Sam to take away first team reps and have a legit competition vs Brock. Not for a second do I believe you.

I want Brady to start. Idk why you think I'm Brock or die

I want Justin Herbert to start. Idk why you think I'm Lance and nothing else.

i don't consider "well" to be very good. I think Brock has shown that "well" is his worst play. You don't continue to play someone when someone in the wings has shown that "well" is his worst day.

Wow! Twisting words now in hopes to continue an argument you've already lost. 😂
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
All this talk of this is a SB team needs to stop. They just lost Demeco and have a new DC. They lost some key players on defense like Eman and Jimmie Ward so no one can say that this is a SB roster as of now. This defense may not be the top number 1 defense this year and we all know the strong suit of this team has been the defense.

We are one of the SB favorites at all betting sites.. like top 5 and often top 3 in NFL..

#1 D
full season of CMC
added the #1 FA
elite roster and coaching, etc

just need to figure QB out, get BP back to 100 hopefully sometime this year
This argument about hoping Purdy comes back to play at a his previous level can go both ways.

so you're hoping that the only thing Lance is remotely decent at, running, that a severe ankle injury won't alter his running performance? Lol if this guy can't run, then lord please have mercy on us. It'll be ugly as all hell. He can't hit the broad side of a barn.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 11:25 AM ]

You brought up the word hope as if its a negative to hope Trey becomes a successful QB in this league. Then when I throw the same logic back at you when referring to a QB coming back from a major injury, you change your tone about the word hope. Dude, you are all over the place. Lie down before you hurt yourself.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Mar 22, 2023 at 11:27 AM ]

You brought up the word hope as if its a negative to hope Trey becomes a successful QB in this league. Then when I throw the same logic back at you when referring to a QB coming back from a major injury, you change your tone about the word hope. Dude, you are all over the place. Lie down before you hurt yourself.

Lmao okay.

Lmao okay.

Apparently not.

As far as your other post. If you think that Trey's accuracy is as horrible as you say it is, you have lost all credibility. I have seen him make throws in tight 1v1 coverage where only the receiver could make a play.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Mar 22, 2023 at 11:32 AM ]
Yes Sam can beat Brock out too. Based on Brock's play it's unlikely, but the best QB plays idk why you don't get this

Because I don't f**king believe you. I do not believe that you would allow Sam to take away first team reps and have a legit competition vs Brock. Not for a second do I believe you.

I want Brady to start. Idk why you think I'm Brock or die

I want Justin Herbert to start. Idk why you think I'm Lance and nothing else.

Because you get mad at people that aren't pleased with him and trash the best QB on out roster. You are also not open to having a competition with Darnold. You just want Trey no matter what

Lmao okay.

Apparently not.

As far as your other post. If you think that Trey's accuracy is as horrible as you say it is, you have lost all credibility. I have seen him make throws in tight 1v1 coverage where only the receiver could make a play.

Lmao. Alright Mr. i love less than 50%. If you think Lance is an accurate quarterback. Please never respond to my post again.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 11:34 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone