There are 157 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
For anyone who doesn't think Lance is inaccurate. Please watch at 17:30. Maybe you'll take the word of someone who watches him in training camp and practices. Lmao hysterical.

https://www.youtube.com/live/og9YtB4141A?feature=share

Make sure you watch through 19 minute

"as a first hand observer, we can absolutely say Trey lances accuracy is an issue. Absolutely"

but I'm a moron.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 11:40 AM ]
Originally posted by YACBros85:
You brought up the word hope as if its a negative to hope Trey becomes a successful QB in this league. Then when I throw the same logic back at you when referring to a QB coming back from a major injury, you change your tone about the word hope. Dude, you are all over the place. Lie down before you hurt yourself.

He said this word for word in his post:

'there is nothing wrong with hoping he works out, so do i'

Crazy you miss this and then mischaracterize his argument and insult him in a pathetic swing and miss attempt at a gotcha point.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
How can I be over Lance when I was never a fan in the first place!!!

Lol well I'm glad you could finally admit that all your debates with Lance are rooted in the fact that you don't like him. Like I've been saying bias takes and narrative pushing. Bravo first step is admitting

Um I've said it from the start, how are you only noticing that now?? But it's not like I root against the kid. I'm just not gonna hold my breath and make all the excuses in the world on why he's not doing this or that. You're also not gonna catch me saying fake ass s**t like " I wasn't a fan of his then but I am now" blah blah blah!!!
Originally posted by tankle104:
You keep bringing up hope. There is no hope about it. If Brock cannot take 1st team reps through OTA's/TC/PS or any live reps at all this off season and Trey is playing well there is 0 reason to bench him and every reason to keep him in there until he proves otherwise. If Trey performs poorly, you put Brock back in when he is ready. I am not sure why that is such a difficult concept to understand.

No matter how great someone looked for a short stretch, you still have guys like Joe Flacco and Carson Wentz. Carson Wentz was a front runner MVP candidate before he suffered a major injury. He was never the same after that. Not saying that is Brock's projection but you are assuming its not all the same. I am simply asking folks to just be more patient with the QB situation and trust Shanahan no matter what he decides.
People who want Lance to play are definitely hopeful he will be good. There is no other explanation because he's never done anything great. you're hoping he works out. You're hoping he improves. You're hoping he can justify his draft slot. You're hoping he becomes more accurate.

You def can't think he is going to be great off of his film? If so, please share the film with me.

there is nothing wrong with hoping he works out, so do i. I just don't want him starting unless he can play better than Purdy (once healthy). If he does, then hell yeah, start him.

You are hoping that Brock comes back the same after a major injury to his throwing arm. I am simply saying that there is nothing wrong with giving Trey another opportunity while Brock recovers and gets back to playing form. I am also saying you don't bench a player if they are performing well.

Lol I am. Idk why people have a problem with hope? What else can fan do?

Oh, I got you. Its only okay to hope if its Brock. 🤣

What in the world are you talking about? Lol

You brought up the word hope as if its a negative to hope Trey becomes a successful QB in this league. Then when I throw the same logic back at you when referring to a QB coming back from a major injury, you change your tone about the word hope. Dude, you are all over the place. Lie down before you hurt yourself.

Lmao okay.

Apparently not.

As far as your other post. If you think that Trey's accuracy is as horrible as you say it is, you have lost all credibility. I have seen him make throws in tight 1v1 coverage where only the receiver could make a play.

Lmao. Alright Mr. i love less than 50%. If you think Lance is an accurate quarterback. Please never respond to my post again.

I was told over and over how completion % wasn't an accurate gauge for accuracy. I will also bring up the fact that Trey has twice as high a drop% as Jimmy and Brock. I will also bring up the fact that Trey has not played with CMC at all and very little with Kittle. Two players with by far the highest reception % on the entire team. The one game that Trey had Kittle, he completed nearly 70% of his passes. Coincidence? Perhaps but we'll never know if he never gets the same opportunity that Brock has had.
You keep bringing up hope. There is no hope about it. If Brock cannot take 1st team reps through OTA's/TC/PS or any live reps at all this off season and Trey is playing well there is 0 reason to bench him and every reason to keep him in there until he proves otherwise. If Trey performs poorly, you put Brock back in when he is ready. I am not sure why that is such a difficult concept to understand.

No matter how great someone looked for a short stretch, you still have guys like Joe Flacco and Carson Wentz. Carson Wentz was a front runner MVP candidate before he suffered a major injury. He was never the same after that. Not saying that is Brock's projection but you are assuming its not all the same. I am simply asking folks to just be more patient with the QB situation and trust Shanahan no matter what he decides.
People who want Lance to play are definitely hopeful he will be good. There is no other explanation because he's never done anything great. you're hoping he works out. You're hoping he improves. You're hoping he can justify his draft slot. You're hoping he becomes more accurate.

You def can't think he is going to be great off of his film? If so, please share the film with me.

there is nothing wrong with hoping he works out, so do i. I just don't want him starting unless he can play better than Purdy (once healthy). If he does, then hell yeah, start him.

You are hoping that Brock comes back the same after a major injury to his throwing arm. I am simply saying that there is nothing wrong with giving Trey another opportunity while Brock recovers and gets back to playing form. I am also saying you don't bench a player if they are performing well.

Lol I am. Idk why people have a problem with hope? What else can fan do?

Oh, I got you. Its only okay to hope if its Brock. 🤣

What in the world are you talking about? Lol

Lmao okay.

Apparently not.

As far as your other post. If you think that Trey's accuracy is as horrible as you say it is, you have lost all credibility. I have seen him make throws in tight 1v1 coverage where only the receiver could make a play.

Lmao. Alright Mr. i love less than 50%. If you think Lance is an accurate quarterback. Please never respond to my post again.

I was told over and over how completion % wasn't an accurate gauge for accuracy. I will also bring up the fact that Trey has twice as high a drop% as Jimmy and Brock. I will also bring up the fact that Trey has not played with CMC at all and very little with Kittle. Two players with by far the highest reception % on the entire team. The one game that Trey had Kittle, he completed nearly 70% of his passes. Coincidence? Perhaps but we'll never know if he never gets the same opportunity that Brock has had.

Lmao alright
For anyone who doesn't think Lance is inaccurate. Please watch at 17:30. Maybe you'll take the word of someone who watches him in training camp and practices. Lmao hysterical.

"as a first hand observer, we can absolutely say Trey lances accuracy is an issue. Absolutely"

but I'm a moron.

Hey yacbro -have anything to say… lmaooooo I guess everyone else just has two glass eyeballs
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 11:41 AM ]
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

He said this word for word in his post:

'there is nothing wrong with hoping he works out, so do i'

Crazy you miss this and then mischaracterize his argument and insult him in a pathetic swing and miss attempt at a gotcha point.

I am guessing you conveniently missed these statements as well.

"Hope isn't a good business strategy"
"You don't bench greatness for hope"

But that is exactly what he is doing when he believes that Brock will come back from a major injury to his throwing arm. He is hoping. He cannot say hope is a good thing when it fits his argument and say it is a bad thing when it doesn't. That is called being a hypocrite.

but I'm a moron.

Hey yacbro -have anything to say… lmaooooo I guess everyone else just has two glass eyeballs

Sorry. I will watch it when I get done arguing with those who feel the need to defend you as if you cannot defend yourself.

But that is exactly what he is doing when he believes that Brock will come back from a major injury to his throwing arm. He is hoping. He cannot say hope is a good thing when it fits his argument and say it is a bad thing when it doesn't. That is called being a hypocrite.

Yes, the point of his comments.. which you obviously missed... is that with Lance you don't have much else beyond hope. There isn't anything to support an argument to play Trey over Brock, at this point, other than hope.

With Brock you hope he returns healthy but there's evidence beyond hope that he should play. He played great when he had his opportunity.

It's been the crux of his argument the entire time. He didn't at all say that hope was a bad thing.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

but I'm a moron.

Sorry. I will watch it when I get done arguing with those who feel the need to defend you as if you cannot defend yourself.

Wow you didn't have to go there. This is a message board we all chime in, you act like you haven't done it before.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

Yes, the point of his comments.. which you obviously missed... is that with Lance you don't have much else beyond hope. There isn't anything to support an argument to play Trey over Brock, at this point, other than hope.

With Brock you hope he returns healthy but there's evidence beyond hope that he should play. He played great when he had his opportunity.

It's been the crux of his argument the entire time. He didn't at all say that hope was a bad thing.

Thank you. Lol I'm not attacking Lance. It's just as Smokey said - there is nothing to support Lance becoming a great player besides hope.

There isn't a single piece of film in his career that shows he will be a star. It isn't like he was cam Newton in college. Is he talented? Of course. Is he a sharp and hard working young Man? Of course.

Is he inaccurate? Absolutely. Has he only played 30 games since his junior year of high school? Yes. Has he ever played in a system that relies on his passing ability? Nope.
i can go on and on. I feel like we drafted a game manager #3 overall that is the most inexperienced and unknown player, possibly ever.

if he comes out ballin and accurate, I'll eat a live crow in front you happily.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 11:58 AM ]
Thank you. Lol

No problem. I understand your frustration.

but I'm a moron.

David Lombardi, really?

Trey Lance's issues are due to footwork and timing inconsistencies. I have stated that as recently as today. Also, like I stated in a previous post not long ago. Trey has the highest dropped pass % of him, Jimmy and Brock. In fact, Trey's dropped passes are twice as high as the other two. Which is a major contributing factor in his low completion %. Just an FYI. Drops are defined as ON TARGET PASSES dropped by the receiver.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Mar 22, 2023 at 11:59 AM ]

but I'm a moron.

David Lombardi, really?

Trey Lance's issues are due to footwork and timing inconsistencies. I have stated that as recently as today. Also, like I stated in a previous post not long ago. Trey has the highest dropped pass % of him, Jimmy and Brock. In fact, Trey's dropped passes are twice as high as the other two. Which is a major contributing factor in his low completion %. Just an FYI. Drops are defined as ON TARGET PASSES dropped by the receiver.

Lol why do you think his passes are dropped? Most likely cause they aren't accurate and/or touch. It's like kap when he would try to break peoples fingers on dump off passes.

stop blaming the weather and everyone else for his short comings and hold the kid accountable. He has a lot he needs to work on.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

but I'm a moron.

David Lombardi, really?

Please don't compare dropped passes to Jimmy and Brock. Trey Lance's sample size to Jimmy and Brock's is only 5 games. I thought we squared that away.
Share 49ersWebzone