There are 130 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Has anyone dove into Jimmy's 10 games and Brock's 9 to see if we can get an idea where the offense improved, where it stayed the same and where it fell off so we could get some accurate projections for 2023 if a healthy Brock plays 17 games?

We should have a pretty good baseline and with Jimmy, a baseline to improve upon as that's what we need to bring home #6. Just a tad better overall.

How are you going to get accurate projections off such a small sample size?
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Has anyone dove into Jimmy's 10 games and Brock's 9 to see if we can get an idea where the offense improved, where it stayed the same and where it fell off so we could get some accurate projections for 2023 if a healthy Brock plays 17 games?

We should have a pretty good baseline and with Jimmy, a baseline to improve upon as that's what we need to bring home #6. Just a tad better overall.

Simply prorate what he did over 17 games.. no one is saying it would have happened or that it will happen next season, just interested to see what it comes out to be
  • thl408
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

Simply prorate what he did over 17 games.. no one is saying it would have happened or that it will happen next season, just interested to see what it comes out to be

I thought Brock avoided sacks where I think Jimmy may have taken a sack. Brock also hit some downfield throws where I think Jimmy may have taken the shorter completion. Don't know how to quantify that.

Is the question - what would Brock's stats been over a 17 game season if he kept the same level of play? I saw graphics for that before and it was 40 touchdowns to 13 int or some that.

the overall offense (which you can't give all the credit to Purdy because of CMC) - essentially we didn't decline in a single catagory. They either stayed with how Jimmy was performing or increased. Like PPG. I think we went from 23ppg to 28-30 or something along that line. I'll have to look it up
NC - check out this stat for when he took over

The 49ers rank No. 1 in pass offense DVOA, 50 percent above league average, since he's taken over as the starter.

sounds like greatnsss to me!

this is a great link to get an idea of his performance too. I'm impressed that he has 0% turnover worthy plays in the playoffs! The man shines the brightest on the biggest stage!
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 2:40 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:

Is the question - what would Brock's stats been over a 17 game season if he kept the same level of play? I saw graphics for that before and it was 40 touchdowns to 13 int or some that.

the overall offense (which you can't give all the credit to Purdy because of CMC) - essentially we didn't decline in a single catagory. They either stayed with how Jimmy was performing or increased. Like PPG. I think we went from 23ppg to 28-30 or something along that line. I'll have to look it up

yeah that was the question, take the quantifiable numbers he hit in season and project or assume he kept that level of play for a season. 40 TDs sounds about right he was dominating. wonder if he would have hit 4k yards.. it's really not that hard in a 17 game season, just need 235 pass yds per game avg.. our challenge here is we throw only 20-30 per game, some teams are 30-40+

yeah that was the question, take the quantifiable numbers he hit in season and project or assume he kept that level of play for a season. 40 TDs sounds about right he was dominating. wonder if he would have hit 4k yards.. it's really not that hard in a 17 game season, just need 235 pass yds per game avg.. our challenge here is we throw only 20-30 per game, some teams are 30-40+
Espn had it the during the season under stats.
they show what it would be Ike over the whole season for everyone, looks like it's gone. Let me see if I can find it

He averaged 219.6 in his regular season starts last year.

If you want to include the Miami game and his playoff games (not including Philly) he averaged 231.75
I took his stats and said he played 6 games - he only had five starts but played most of the Miami game, so I just did it all over 6 games. These numbers will be higher if you do it just based on starts. I excluded one int because it was during the KC game

Brock's stats if he played all 17 games and kept the same level he did during the six games he played:
TD - 36.83
Int - 8.5
yards - 3893

Feel free to round up if that makes you feel better
37 - 9 TD - INT ratio and 3,900 yards 67% completion

win loss would be 17-0 lol since he lost no regular games
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 2:51 PM ]
I took his stats and said he played 6 games - he only had five starts but played most of the Miami game, so I just did it all over 6 games. These numbers will be higher if you do it just based on starts. I excluded one int because it was during the KC game

Brock's stats if he played all 17 games and kept the same level he did during the six games he played:
TD - 36.83
Int - 8.5
yards - 3893

I have to admit I think this exercise is kind of pointless, but I would point out that 37 TDs would be the new single season 49ers record. That would be acceptable.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

TD - 36.83
Int - 8.5
yards - 3893

I have to admit I think this exercise is kind of pointless, but I would point out that 37 TDs would be the new single season 49ers record. That would be acceptable.

Right, it's just for fun. It would be extremely impressive. LETS GO! We witnessed 6 regular games of that kind of play. ELEVATED that offense to heights we haven't seen in a long long time. Love it.

get healthy and give us fans something to the trophy case!!
I hope Purdy is ready by the start of the season but if not, I think darnold can fill in capably. No confidence whatsoever in lance
Oh damn! I forgot to add rushing touchdowns! 2.83 rushing touchdowns on the season
Much better than lances projects:
0 touchdowns
17 interceptions
48.4% completion
3,293 passing yards
0 rushing touchdowns.

lmao I'm just being obnoxious with this. I obviously know this a ridiculous thing. It just made me laugh
NC - check out this stat for when he took over

The 49ers rank No. 1 in pass offense DVOA, 50 percent above league average, since he's taken over as the starter.

sounds like greatnsss to me!

this is a great link to get an idea of his performance too. I'm impressed that he has 0% turnover worthy plays in the playoffs! The man shines the brightest on the biggest stage!

What's the source for the 0% turnover worthy plays? Considering that he actually turned the ball over against the Eagles and had a few passes bounce off the hands of defenders in the other two games, that seems dubious.
Share 49ersWebzone