There are 123 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by tankle104:
NC - check out this stat for when he took over

The 49ers rank No. 1 in pass offense DVOA, 50 percent above league average, since he's taken over as the starter.

sounds like greatnsss to me!

this is a great link to get an idea of his performance too. I'm impressed that he has 0% turnover worthy plays in the playoffs! The man shines the brightest on the biggest stage!

What's the source for the 0% turnover worthy plays? Considering that he actually turned the ball over against the Eagles and had a few passes bounce off the hands of defenders in the other two games, that seems dubious.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-deep-dive-brock-purdy-super-bowl-chances-san-francisco-49ers-2023
if I misread the stat - please correct me, honestly.
Much better than lances projects:
0 touchdowns
17 interceptions
48.4% completion
3,293 passing yards
0 rushing touchdowns.

lmao I'm just being obnoxious with this. I obviously know this a ridiculous thing. It just made me laugh

lol. you could have at least done his three starts where he finished the game. Trying to start a war over here!
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
0 touchdowns
17 interceptions
48.4% completion
3,293 passing yards
0 rushing touchdowns.

lmao I'm just being obnoxious with this. I obviously know this a ridiculous thing. It just made me laugh

lol. you could have at least done his three starts where he finished the game. Trying to start a war over here!

Hahahaha I was hella laughing to myself as typing that up.

If you took lances three starts and spred it over 17 game season.
11.3 touchdowns (only start he threw a touchdown was Texans) to 17 interceptions (he's thrown one in all his starts BUT BUT 28-0 in college??)
3,598 passing yards
55% completion percentage.

god f**kin awful, I repeat - what is all the hype and optimism about him?? The team isn't good enough to win a Super Bowl with that.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 3:15 PM ]

The 49ers rank No. 1 in pass offense DVOA, 50 percent above league average, since he's taken over as the starter.

this is a great link to get an idea of his performance too. I'm impressed that he has 0% turnover worthy plays in the playoffs! The man shines the brightest on the biggest stage!

What's the source for the 0% turnover worthy plays? Considering that he actually turned the ball over against the Eagles and had a few passes bounce off the hands of defenders in the other two games, that seems dubious.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-deep-dive-brock-purdy-super-bowl-chances-san-francisco-49ers-2023

The 0% looks like it was just for the wildcard round.

The 0% looks like it was just for the wildcard round.

Ah I can see that. A game with 0% TWP in the playoffs as a rookie is still pretty impressive. I like that he improved on the bigger stage in that regard. I do remember he was a little jumpy in the first game initially. Took him a little to calm down
0 touchdowns
17 interceptions
48.4% completion
3,293 passing yards
0 rushing touchdowns.

If you took his three starts:
11.3 touchdowns to 17 interceptions (he's thrown one in all his starts BUT BUT 28-0 in college??)
3,598 passing yards

god f**kin awful

PATIENCE! Dude is only 14. Just 2 more years worth or reps and a fat contract and he'll be at JGs floor.
0 touchdowns
17 interceptions
48.4% completion
3,293 passing yards
0 rushing touchdowns.

If you took lances three starts and spred it over 17 game season.
11.3 touchdowns (only start he threw a touchdown was Texans) to 17 interceptions (he's thrown one in all his starts BUT BUT 28-0 in college??)
3,598 passing yards

god f**kin awful, I repeat - what is all the hype and optimism about him?? The team isn't good enough to win a Super Bowl with that.

Lmao I'm still laughing To myself about these stats. I know overall it doesn't mean much, but man based on his starts - i really cannot figure out this man's hype.
Originally posted by krizay:
0 touchdowns
17 interceptions
48.4% completion
3,293 passing yards
0 rushing touchdowns.

11.3 touchdowns to 17 interceptions (he's thrown one in all his starts BUT BUT 28-0 in college??)
3,598 passing yards

god f**kin awful

PATIENCE! Dude is only 14. Just 2 more years worth or reps and a fat contract and he'll be at JGs floor.

I seriously was crying laughing as I was typing this up. I didn't realize it was that bad. He has touchdowns from when he would do trick packages with Jimmy but he's only got 2 touchdowns when he starts over three games.

sad part is that his only touchdowns came against the worst (or second worst) team in the league 4-13 Texans
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 3:22 PM ]
Originally posted by krizay:
0 touchdowns
17 interceptions
48.4% completion
3,293 passing yards
0 rushing touchdowns.

3,598 passing yards

god f**kin awful

I seriously was crying laughing as I was typing this up. I didn't realize it was that bad. He has touchdowns from when he would do trick packages with Jimmy but he's only got 2 touchdowns when he starts over three games.

sad part is that his only touchdowns came against the worst (or second worst) team in the league 4-13 Texans

Also - he's lead the team to an average of 14.3 PPG as the starter. MOFKN SUPER STAR! talk about a high ceiling? This guys floor horrendous. Lol that's against the worst teams in the league… my goodness
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 3:26 PM ]

He had two TDs in his half of play against Seattle in 21 when Jimmy got hurt. Stats are stats. They can tell you something but they can also be very misleading. I think that Texans game is a good example. His basic stat line was pretty good. His actual performance really wasn't. It's how you end up with statistical discrepancies like his passer rating being 116 and his QBR (which I know people s**t on) being 37.

He had two TDs in his half of play against Seattle in 21 when Jimmy got hurt. Stats are stats. They can tell you something but they can also be very misleading. I think that Texans game is a good example. His basic stat line was pretty good. His actual performance really wasn't. It's how you end up with statistical discrepancies like his passer rating being 116 and his QBR (which I know people s**t on) being 37.

The games he preps for and game plan designed around him, and the one he Practices all week - are absolutely horrendous performances… against terrible teams.also, when teams actually prep for him. So he can only score when people don't prepare for him or on trick plays when someone else is the starter. Sick - we spent 3 first rounders and 3rd overall on taysum hill

to top it all off… that's his performance against BAD teams. Imagine Lance playing a good team like the cowboys. Lmao my goodness

There is nothing anyone can say. We should all be throwing up
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 3:51 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Has anyone dove into Jimmy's 10 games and Brock's 9 to see if we can get an idea where the offense improved, where it stayed the same and where it fell off so we could get some accurate projections for 2023 if a healthy Brock plays 17 games?

We should have a pretty good baseline and with Jimmy, a baseline to improve upon as that's what we need to bring home #6. Just a tad better overall.

How are you going to get accurate projections off such a small sample size?

Simply prorate what he did over 17 games.. no one is saying it would have happened or that it will happen next season, just interested to see what it comes out to be

Is the question - what would Brock's stats been over a 17 game season if he kept the same level of play? I saw graphics for that before and it was 40 touchdowns to 13 int or some that.

the overall offense (which you can't give all the credit to Purdy because of CMC) - essentially we didn't decline in a single catagory. They either stayed with how Jimmy was performing or increased. Like PPG. I think we went from 23ppg to 28-30 or something along that line. I'll have to look it up

Bingo. I was just curious!

I took his stats and said he played 6 games - he only had five starts but played most of the Miami game, so I just did it all over 6 games. These numbers will be higher if you do it just based on starts. I excluded one int because it was during the KC game

Brock's stats if he played all 17 games and kept the same level he did during the six games he played:
TD - 36.83
Int - 8.5
yards - 3893

Feel free to round up if that makes you feel better
37 - 9 TD - INT ratio and 3,900 yards 67% completion

win loss would be 17-0 lol since he lost no regular games

Great stuff. This is the raw data and projections. I'd like the full 9 games he played in because a few of them were against playoff teams which is what he'd face this year. And to thl's point, did we see any marked improvements in areas (e.g. deeper shots, avoiding sacks) and were they enough to affect Kyle's play calling off that (e.g. more PA, roll outs, more longer developing plays, RZ aggression, etc.).

In short, what would be a fair assessment of Kyle's offense with Brock now and some projections to go with that through a full 17 games. What can we realistically expect?
[ Edited by NCommand on Mar 22, 2023 at 4:04 PM ]
Has anyone dove into Jimmy's 10 games and Brock's 9 to see if we can get an idea where the offense improved, where it stayed the same and where it fell off so we could get some accurate projections for 2023 if a healthy Brock plays 17 games?

We should have a pretty good baseline and with Jimmy, a baseline to improve upon as that's what we need to bring home #6. Just a tad better overall.

Simply prorate what he did over 17 games.. no one is saying it would have happened or that it will happen next season, just interested to see what it comes out to be

Is the question - what would Brock's stats been over a 17 game season if he kept the same level of play? I saw graphics for that before and it was 40 touchdowns to 13 int or some that.

the overall offense (which you can't give all the credit to Purdy because of CMC) - essentially we didn't decline in a single catagory. They either stayed with how Jimmy was performing or increased. Like PPG. I think we went from 23ppg to 28-30 or something along that line. I'll have to look it up

I took his stats and said he played 6 games - he only had five starts but played most of the Miami game, so I just did it all over 6 games. These numbers will be higher if you do it just based on starts. I excluded one int because it was during the KC game

Brock's stats if he played all 17 games and kept the same level he did during the six games he played:
TD - 36.83
Int - 8.5
yards - 3893

Great stuff. This is the raw data and projections. I'd like the full 9 games he played in because a few of them were against playoff teams which is what he'd face this year. And to thl's point, did we see any marked improvements in areas (e.g. deeper shots, avoiding sacks) and were they enough to affect Kyle's play calling off that (e.g. more PA, roll outs, more longer developing plays, RZ aggression, etc.).

In short, what would be a fair assessment of Kyle's offense with Brock now and some projections to go with that through a full 17 games. What can we realistically expect?

I'll see what I can find. I remember reading a lot about this stuff data wise, but let me see if I can find the data. I just remember it was all improved.

for example, Purdy threw more deep touchdowns down the sideline than jimmy had his entire time here. So it's safe to say we were getting that out of the playbook.

TD - 36.83
Int - 8.5
yards - 3893

I'll see what I can find. I remember reading a lot about this stuff data wise, but let me see if I can find the data. I just remember it was all improved.

for example, Purdy threw more deep touchdowns down the sideline than jimmy had his entire time here. So it's safe to say we were getting that out of the playbook.

Much appreciated if you have the time. I don't doubt it...he was rolling out of the gate!
Much appreciated if you have the time. I don't doubt it...he was rolling out of the gate!

Here are some:l stats - I can't find some of the graphics I've seen before. Also just random facts from Twitter.

"What can you say about Brock Purdy? He's accurate, makes sound decisions and is comfortable in the pocket. He has all the makings of a leader, and so far, as a starter, he's perfect.

Since taking over for an injured Jimmy Garoppolo, Brock Purdy has the highest passer rating in the NFL (112.7). In five appearances (four starts) Purdy is averaging 32 points-per-game compared to Jimmy Garoppolo and an average of 23.6 points-per-game."

this one is just for fun
Share 49ersWebzone