There are 143 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Damn Tank, you deliver! What fun reading!!!
Originally posted by NCommand:

Thanks! Purdy played GREAT. We witnessed something that had either never happened before or only happened a couple times in history. It was a fun ride!

There are other overall offensive stats that I've seen, but I can't find them. I'm still looking.
Originally posted by tankle104:

Thanks! Purdy played GREAT. We witnessed something that had either never happened before or only happened a couple times in history. It was a fun ride!

There are other overall offensive stats that I've seen, but I can't find them. I'm still looking.

Don't hurt yourself finding them. LOL. But I do appreciate them. I'm excited even more for Kyle with him and a full off season to adjust to him and his skill set as well.

Don't hurt yourself finding them. LOL. But I do appreciate them. I'm excited even more for Kyle with him and a full off season to adjust to him and his skill set as well.

Hahaha eh I just finished up for the day so this is a nice break from work. It calms my mind to see Dirty Purdy dominance.

im hoping some of those bad tendencies and just overall rookie plays he showed from time to time is cleaned up.
For example:
- not roll left out of a clean pocket as much as he did
- become more accurate and target more often the right side of the field
- get better at identifying the linebacker in coverage that he almost got picked off a few times with
- not throw the ball across the field against his body. He didn't turn it over on 1-2 of them (close though) and I think 1 was picked off
- do whatever Jimmy was doing on QB sneaks. Lol
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 5:30 PM ]
I hope he also can get his arm healthy enough to participate in camp and work on timing/ball placement with the starters. I think Lance will get most, if not all, of the first team reps while he is healing - but there is a chance the last 4-6 weeks of camp, he can get some reps in with the starters.

Per the 6 month healing timeline, he has the possibility of starting the season if he doesn't have any hiccups. In about 4-6 week should find out if his mobility and flexibility are back and/or on schedule. At the 3 month mark, he can start throwing again on a ramp up schedule
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 5:33 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Do you guys think Dirty Purdy changes his socks everyday?
Originally posted by mayo49:

Hope not.. 😶 I'll take two pair…

Although I like to think he's dirty in the way of juking people and not bad hygiene hahahaha
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 6:09 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Hope not.. 😶 I'll take two pair…

Although I like to think he's dirty in the way of juking people and not bad hygiene hahahaha

Lol, I hope he at least changes his underwear every other day.
Unfortunately, Purdy will not be ready to begin the season and Shanahan will give Lance every opportunity to win the position so he can try and save his reputation for the horrendous draft of Lance. Hopefully Purdy is not out for too many games so Lance does not put the 49ers to far behind the 8 ball before they can bench him

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dcjm1981:
Unfortunately, Purdy will not be ready to begin the season and Shanahan will give Lance every opportunity to win the position so he can try and save his reputation for the horrendous draft of Lance. Hopefully Purdy is not out for too many games so Lance does not put the 49ers to far behind the 8 ball before they can bench him

I don't think Shanny needs to repair his reputation. It was the right thing to do at the time. Jimmy was constantly getting hurt and we couldn't get over the hump with him. As it turned out the plan changed when Brock came on the scene. It was nobody's fault how the Trey drafted ended up. Circumstances change and plans change everyday in life.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 22, 2023 at 6:49 PM ]
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Here are some:l stats - I can't find some of the graphics I've seen before. Also just random facts from Twitter.

"What can you say about Brock Purdy? He's accurate, makes sound decisions and is comfortable in the pocket. He has all the makings of a leader, and so far, as a starter, he's perfect.

Since taking over for an injured Jimmy Garoppolo, Brock Purdy has the highest passer rating in the NFL (112.7). In five appearances (four starts) Purdy is averaging 32 points-per-game compared to Jimmy Garoppolo and an average of 23.6 points-per-game."

this one is just for fun

Treystans: "but, but... Lance's ceiling"

I personally thinks Purdy has convinced kyle to realize that Purdy is the way to go and is going to do everything to make sure Purdy plays. I think treys lack of development over 2 years has frustrated him (although not all treys fault) and once he got a feel for the football chemistry between kyle and Purdy, he is convinced.

he won't give up on Lance but I don't think he is eager to get him in the starting role. He will say the right things though and nothing publically until probably towards end of camp - which is when we will all know if Purdy will be healthy enough to play week 1.
Originally posted by Koldo:
Treystans: "but, but... Lance's ceiling"

I honestly can't figure it out. I don't understand his hype. If you take his 3 starts and extrapolate them over a 17 game seasons… they're awful. Lol 55% comp 11TD - 17INT. Llol 1-2 against bad teams with a stacked roster and great coaching.

meanwhile, Purdy is setting tons of records and/or matching them and me saying he played "great" means I'm delusional. Hahah

I understand it's a super small sample and doesn't mean that's who he is, I just can't figure out why people have so much faith in him.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 22, 2023 at 8:26 PM ]
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

I personally thinks Purdy has convinced kyle to realize that Purdy is the way to go and is going to do everything to make sure Purdy plays. I think treys lack of development over 2 years has frustrated him (although not all treys fault) and once he got a feel for the football chemistry between kyle and Purdy, he is convinced.

he won't give up on Lance but I don't think he is eager to get him in the starting role. He will say the right things though and nothing publically until probably towards end of camp - which is when we will all know if Purdy will be healthy enough to play week 1.

Exactly, tankle - great post, but I think the writing has been on the wall since Brock appeared before our eyes last year.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 22, 2023 at 6:56 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone