There are 201 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
QBs tend to decline around 38, I'm not surprised an injury might have accelerated that. He was still considering playing for us, so it's not like he thinks he can't throw. Delhomme literally said his arm felt better than ever. Again he has no reason to lie.

And for the millionth time, I have never said to rush Brock back.

Big Ben went from leading the league in passing to a shell of himself…basically instantly after his surgery. Decline QB play is not the main reason for that dude. He couldn't throw a football anymore. The film backs it up. It was bubble screens and 5 yard slants over and over. Pitt has to mask the lack of arm a year after he tossed for over 5,000 yards and they gave him a big extension. Philip rivers thought he could still play lol. Who cares what they think. It's what is put out on the field that matters.

again it's just one example and the age difference matters. It's not like Brock had some elite arm to begin with. I'm sure he will be fine. I think they said it was like 85% success rate or something. The first 8 weeks are crucial to determine the actual recovery timeline.

you keep repeating the same crap with JD. I'm sure his arm didn't hurt after being recovered. Not a single person is talking about pain tolerance. We're talking about play on the field after the fact. Those are two totally separate things. TJ is not the same thing either. Not sure if I have to breakdown the difference in surgeries again.

You sure sound like you want to rush him back. You hear the TL of 6 months and then you starting talking about 5 months lol. Again if he's fully recovered and gets to legit practice, sweet. You're hoping though, which is fine but no need to be ignorant about the situation.

Yes I'm hoping for him to recover the same way the other guy that had his surgery did. I believe in him and think he will. I guess I'll apologize to you for that
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 23, 2023 at 6:32 AM ]
Is there any team in the league that wouldn't hope their injured starting QB is ready for week 1? That's bad business

Lol hope…okay where's your hope in lance developing into a quality starter? You seem to s**t on that possibility daily. Yet in here you're hoping an extensive injury to his throwing arm will magically be healed (with zero after effects) in a faster time line than the ones the doctors gave.

Subjective hope is a really weird way to have a debate.
Yes I'm hoping for him to recover the same way the other guy that had his surgery did. I believe in him and think he will. I guess I'll apologize to you for that

So you're whole debate on this is based on hope gotcha glad we got that cleared up.
Is there any team in the league that wouldn't hope their injured starting QB is ready for week 1? That's bad business

Lol hope…okay where's your hope in lance developing into a quality starter? You seem to s**t on that possibility daily. Yet in here you're hoping an extensive injury to his throwing arm will magically be healed (with zero after effects) in a faster time line than the ones the doctors gave.

We are literally discussing our opinions right now dude. I've explained why I don't think Trey will have the chance to develop here and I've explained why I think Brock can make it back for week 1. Idk what else you want

So you're whole debate on this is based on hope gotcha glad we got that cleared up.

I've already explained why I'm hopeful but okay. That is incredibly rich coming from a diehard Trey fan
Originally posted by tankle104:
Yea that's hard to tell, to me he just needs to keep playing within the offense and try his hardest to keep improvisation as his last resort. Keep building as a player.

I think Griese did a great job of honing him in and keeping the mistakes down. Jimmys ints we're down too, could be a correlation. Brock would get a little squirrely in college and you could see it come out sometimes in games. He was really good at not making a dumb mistake though like in college. He's really taken well to this system and the coaching.

Griese to me has been a very surprising and welcome addition to our team. I think he's done a wonderful job. He makes me more optimistic in regards to Trey having a lot of improvement this upcoming camp.

darnold needs him badly. If he can improve on his TWP - then coming here was a great career move him. He's never really been on a staff with great offensive minds - he's probably so excited

Griese seems to proving his worth, that's for sure. I'm thinking the same with Darnold, if he can get those TOs down Trey is going to have his hands full trying to beat him out
We are literally discussing our opinions right now dude. I've explained why I don't think Trey will have the chance to develop here and I've explained why I think Brock can make it back for week 1. Idk what else you want

Why can't you hope for that all the same? At this point it's selective hope that's the bases of your opinions and debates for our QBs. wild lol.

So also you "hope" Sam Darnold all of sudden becomes a good QB after 5 years of horrible football. And can be the starter if Brock can't play WK1. You know because he has bad rosters and coaches prior…yet in the same stance Lance can't improve here on a great roster with an amazing coaching staff lol.

hope and hypocrisy. God lord.
Yea that's hard to tell, to me he just needs to keep playing within the offense and try his hardest to keep improvisation as his last resort. Keep building as a player.

I think Griese did a great job of honing him in and keeping the mistakes down. Jimmys ints we're down too, could be a correlation. Brock would get a little squirrely in college and you could see it come out sometimes in games. He was really good at not making a dumb mistake though like in college. He's really taken well to this system and the coaching.

Griese to me has been a very surprising and welcome addition to our team. I think he's done a wonderful job. He makes me more optimistic in regards to Trey having a lot of improvement this upcoming camp.

darnold needs him badly. If he can improve on his TWP - then coming here was a great career move him. He's never really been on a staff with great offensive minds - he's probably so excited

Griese seems to proving his worth, that's for sure. I'm thinking the same with Darnold, if he can get those TOs down Trey is going to have his hands full trying to beat him out

Lol I love it. Lance can't develop here because it's a Super Bowl team with a great coaching staff…however Sam can improve here because it's a great roster with a great coaching staff

Why can't you hope for that all the same? At this point it's selective hope that's the bases of your opinions and debates for our QBs. wild lol.

So also you "hope" Sam Darnold all of sudden becomes a good QB after 5 years of horrible football. And can be the starter if Brock can't play WK1. You know because he has bad rosters and coaches prior…yet in the same stance Lance can't improve here on a great roster with an amazing coaching staff lol.

hope and hypocrisy. God lord.

No I just see reason to believe Brock will be ready. I see no reason to believe Trey will develop in time to pay him over Brock

Lol I love it. Lance can't develop here because it's a Super Bowl team with a great coaching staff…however Sam can improve here because it's a great roster with a great coaching staff

We are talking about immediate future. This seasons Tc battle

Darnold showed he can play competent football at the very least. He can be a good pinch starter for us if he keeps his TOs down. Hell, he could completely takeover the starting role depending on how he plays and I bet he feels the same way.

Trey is not there yet. He's not close imo

No I just see reason to believe Brock will be ready. I see no reason to believe Trey will develop in time to pay him over Brock

Based off selective hope 😂

It's been said NUMEROUS times that we hope he does, but we doubt it. There is a difference - one you doubt but hope works out aka a long shot. The other you have a lot of confidence in and hope it works out. That's how I feel about it - feel free to feel different
We are talking about immediate future. This seasons Tc battle

Darnold showed he can play competent football at the very least. He can be a good pinch starter for us if he keeps his TOs down. Hell, he could completely takeover the starting role depending on how he plays and I bet he feels the same way.

Trey is not there yet. He's not close imo

Stopped reading when you said Sam played competent football lol. Literally one the worst starting QBs the past 5 years.

your blatant bias towards Lance is really shining through right now. The only thing Sam has shown over Lance is that he actually stinks and there's years worth of film to back it up. Lance doesn't have years of film to back it up anything.

Based off selective hope 😂

I select to have more hope in Brock doing something that's been done before over Trey doing something that's never been done before (go from 2 years of QB to NFL starter). I am one crazy mofo

You know that saying darnold will benefit from
this coaching staff doesn't mean I don't think Lance can develop? They are two different things

one qb has played a lot of games in the pros and one has barley played 30 games including highschool varsity - their development is different. It's like Lance has to learn how to play football and one makes constant bonehead mistakes. Lance can def develop here, although two years and not much, it's just going to take years.

we've seen how he plays when he starts - 14 PPG and 55% accuracy - oh and turns the ball over every game. He has a LOOOONG way to go but he def can.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 23, 2023 at 7:05 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone