Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 178 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChillninDaBay:
Originally posted by Norwegian49ers:
Jimmy never even made a probowl aka his limited AF and injured prone and now old, why Trey was drafted and now God gifted KS Purdy, time and luck has ran out completely for Jimmy. Even Montana was replaced by Steve Young and traded away, Jimmy will go where ever he is needed ⛵

Yeah u might be right, dont want to argue. But you cant deny, he did win a lot of games for us. We had a lot of qb's which did not win so much games.

Jimmy is better than Krap but not as good as Alex Smith but Purdy and Trey is the Future and that's all that matters going forward.

Agreed. I'd guess this make it easy to move on from Jimmy. Unless they believe Trey is horrible, but I can't see that either.
He looks absolutely outstanding. Great to have him.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
He's looking better out there in two games than at any point with Trey this season.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Jimmy never even made a probowl aka his limited AF and injured prone and now old, why Trey was drafted and now God gifted KS Purdy, time and luck has ran out completely for Jimmy. Even Montana was replaced by Steve Young and traded away, Jimmy will go where ever he is needed ⛵

Yeah u might be right, dont want to argue. But you cant deny, he did win a lot of games for us. We had a lot of qb's which did not win so much games.

Jimmy is better than Krap but not as good as Alex Smith but Purdy and Trey is the Future and that's all that matters going forward.

Agreed. I'd guess this make it easy to move on from Jimmy. Unless they believe Trey is horrible, but I can't see that either.

I chuckle everytime someone says "Trey is horrible" 🤣
Kid hasn't even play much yet, give him a f**king break LOL.

Right now it's Purdy time, next season Trey and Purdy can compete for QB1 if it comes to that, one of them will be ready to take the QB1 job and win plenty of games to make playoffs again and again for seasons to come.
Originally posted by jcs:
He's looking better out there in two games than at any point with Trey this season.

Thats what i say. This kid looks amazing and i realy enjoy watching him. Hadnt had that with trey.
I chuckle everytime someone says "Trey is horrible" 🤣
Kid hasn't even play much yet, give him a f**king break LOL.

Right now it's Purdy time, next season Trey and Purdy can compete for QB1 if it comes to that, one of them will be ready to take the QB1 job and win plenty of games to make playoffs again and again for seasons to come.

Who Said or used the term "horrible". I didnt, i Just dont like him (yet). Thats why i say yet, cause he hadnt much time to prove the hype around him, yet.
But... The starts he had, didnt give me anything.
I m sorry😔
😍
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
anybody seen Shanahan this aggressive in his play-calling before as 49er's coach, ever? or is it just me?

It's not the play calls, it's the quarterback taking the shots now that have been open all along. Every week there had been plays pointed out where for some reason Jimmy didn't go for the jugular when it was there for the taking. Brock is seeing it and delivering.

Originally posted by titan:
anybody seen Shanahan this aggressive in his play-calling before as 49er's coach, ever? or is it just me?

I think it just appears that way cause Brock is a little more aggressive and see's the field better.

Originally posted by Dshearn:

The offense didn't change the QB did.

I digress; Shanahan confirmed it was because he wasn't taking any chances with Brady with his halftime comments. Lol

it was the playcalls.

Purdy >>>> Jimmy.

your undeniable bias and incessant obnoxious trolling >>>>>

That truly made me chuckle.

I mean, it's what you get put on timeout for, so. Lol
Originally posted by jcs:

Thats what i say. This kid looks amazing and i realy enjoy watching him. Hadnt had that with trey.

Hadn't had CMac with Trey either,...or a real game midseason. That other QB did, though.

They're both on the roster next year though so just fine.
How long before Purdy turns into a pumpkin cause it's been like a fairytale

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Good game rook.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
How long before Purdy turns into a pumpkin cause it's been like a fairytale

It's a risk as the tape on him expands.

i thought he was electric moving around the pocket.
Originally posted by random49er:
Hadn't had CMac with Trey either,...or a real game midseason. That other QB did, though.

They're both on the roster next year though so just fine.

👍👍👍
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
For the last pick of the draft he's a steal. Imo at worst we have a great backup, but this kid can play.

He looks small, but what's crazy is he's similar in size as Steve Young.

Steve is 6'2. A bit taller. Also had a fatter booty. Steve looked thicc sometimes.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Dec 11, 2022 at 4:36 PM ]
Hell of a game. Hope he can keep it up. Trying really hard to keep myself grounded.
Share 49ersWebzone