There are 255 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
We are talking about immediate future. This seasons Tc battle

Darnold showed he can play competent football at the very least. He can be a good pinch starter for us if he keeps his TOs down. Hell, he could completely takeover the starting role depending on how he plays and I bet he feels the same way.

Trey is not there yet. He's not close imo

Stopped reading when you said Sam played competent football lol. Literally one the worst starting QBs the past 5 years.

your blatant bias towards Lance is really shining through right now. The only thing Sam has shown over Lance is that he actually stinks and there's years worth of film to back it up. Lance doesn't have years of film to back it up anything.

He's had 4-2 record his past 6 games. That is competent at least. More competence than Trey has shown. I'm not saying Trey might not be better in 5 years or so, but I'm thinking about our SB team this year
Originally posted by tankle104:
It's been said NUMEROUS times that we hope he does, but we doubt it. There is a difference - one you doubt but hope works out aka a long shot. The other you have a lot of confidence in and hope it works out. That's how I feel about it - feel free to feel different

This is more directed to Charlie, but his hope comes off as ignorance and bias. Basing the debate around selective hope is ridiculous imo.

we all hope Brock gets healthy quickly. We all hope he's the next Montana. Every 49er fan should hope that every single player turns into a pro bowler. Being selective on who you hope turns out good is where I have a problem. Being hypocritical on why Sam could be good here vs why Lance can't develop here is also BS.
Is there any team in the league that wouldn't hope their injured starting QB is ready for week 1? That's bad business

Lol hope…okay where's your hope in lance developing into a quality starter? You seem to s**t on that possibility daily. Yet in here you're hoping an extensive injury to his throwing arm will magically be healed (with zero after effects) in a faster time line than the ones the doctors gave.

Subjective hope is a really weird way to have a debate.

What is wrong with being hopeful Brock recovers?

Why would that bother you?
He's had 4-2 record his past 6 games. That is competent at least. More competence than Trey has shown. I'm not saying Trey might not be better in 5 years or so, but I'm thinking about our SB team this year

Did you watch those games? I'm guessing you didn't. Sam went 6-2 his last 8 games in NJ back in 2019 lol. Who cares, he stinks as a passer.
Lol so Sam Darnold an actual certified bust gets propped up but Trey who has played 4 games gets trashed? Lol make it make sense.
Lol I love it. Lance can't develop here because it's a Super Bowl team with a great coaching staff…however Sam can improve here because it's a great roster with a great coaching staff

You know that saying darnold will benefit from
this coaching staff doesn't mean I don't think Lance can develop? They are two different things

one qb has played a lot of games in the pros and one has barley played 30 games including highschool varsity - their development is different. It's like Lance has to learn how to play football and one makes constant bonehead mistakes. Lance can def develop here, although two years and not much, it's just going to take years.

we've seen how he plays when he starts - 14 PPG and 55% accuracy - oh and turns the ball over every game. He has a LOOOONG way to go but he def can.

And realistically - he's scored 10 points in 2/3 games. So you can say what you want and believe whatever you guys tell yourself, but with Lance starting - we are more than likely have a 3-5 game win season with the performances he has put on. Unless we shut out our opponents, we will lose.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Is there any team in the league that wouldn't hope their injured starting QB is ready for week 1? That's bad business

Lol hope…okay where's your hope in lance developing into a quality starter? You seem to s**t on that possibility daily. Yet in here you're hoping an extensive injury to his throwing arm will magically be healed (with zero after effects) in a faster time line than the ones the doctors gave.

Subjective hope is a really weird way to have a debate.

What is wrong with being hopeful Brock recovers?

Why would that bother you?

Absolutely nothing wrong with it. Just like there is absolutely nothing wrong with hoping Trey takes a substantial leap this off season just in case Brock isn't ready by week 1.
We are literally discussing our opinions right now dude. I've explained why I don't think Trey will have the chance to develop here and I've explained why I think Brock can make it back for week 1. Idk what else you want

Why can't you hope for that all the same? At this point it's selective hope that's the bases of your opinions and debates for our QBs. wild lol.

So also you "hope" Sam Darnold all of sudden becomes a good QB after 5 years of horrible football. And can be the starter if Brock can't play WK1. You know because he has bad rosters and coaches prior…yet in the same stance Lance can't improve here on a great roster with an amazing coaching staff lol.

hope and hypocrisy. God lord.

You shift the topic from Brock to Lance or Darnold a lot here.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:
Lol so Sam Darnold an actual certified bust gets propped up but Trey who has played 4 games gets trashed? Lol make it make sense.

They're both busts. Lol 3 full games in TWO YEARS! For 3 firsts and 3rd overall?? Lol those 3 games were trash -
look at the stats. Make it stop

dont even look at the stats, just watch the game. Then watch how we looked with Jimmy and/or Brock. Someone please explain to me what you see that Makes you believe in this guy?
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 23, 2023 at 7:17 AM ]

Did you watch those games? I'm guessing you didn't. Sam went 6-2 his last 8 games in NJ back in 2019 lol. Who cares, he stinks as a passer.

Damn so he's had two stretches of competent play. Separates him more from Trey
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 23, 2023 at 7:17 AM ]

They're both busts. Lol 3 full games in TWO YEARS! For 3 firsts and 3rd overall?? Lol those 3 games were trash -

16-23(69%), 249 yards, 2 TDs, 1 int, 116 rating, 31 yards rushing in his last good weather start. That's pretty good imo.

Do you even look at the stats?
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Mar 23, 2023 at 7:21 AM ]

16-23, 249 yards, 2 TDs, 1 int, 116 rating, 31 yards rushing in his last good weather start. That's pretty good imo.

Lmao against the worst team in the league? And those stats are deceiving.

why don't you factor in his other starts? 0 touchdowns and 2 picks. 55% completion. His completion excluding the Texans game is 50%.

shall I continue?

lmao so now the rocker arm can't play decent in weather!? He's such a victim and nothing is his fault :/
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 23, 2023 at 7:22 AM ]

16-23, 249 yards, 2 TDs, 1 int, 116 rating, 31 yards rushing in his last good weather start. That's pretty good imo.

why don't you factor in his other starts? 0 touchdowns and 2 picks. 55% completion.

shall I continue?

No thanks. Anybody that thinks they can judge a QB after 3 games not even in a row is not worth debating. I can't think of a less intelligent sports argument.
[ Edited by TreyDeyEeyDey on Mar 23, 2023 at 7:22 AM ]

why don't you factor in his other starts? 0 touchdowns and 2 picks. 55% completion.

shall I continue?

No thanks. Anybody that thinks they can judge a QB after 3 games is not worth debating. I can't think of a less intelligent sports argument.

Anyone who thinks he looked good in those three starts have two glass eyeballs.

i love that two of his starts he put up 10 points. Lmaoo 14 ppg if you in include his only decent game. Lmao damn! What a superstar! So much potential.

what a low ass floor this guy has
No thanks. Anybody that thinks they can judge a QB after 3 games not even in a row is not worth debating. I can't think of a less intelligent sports argument.

Lmao now you change the Debate to im saying he will never be a decent qb? Lmaooo

hes sucked balls in his opportunities and can't stay healthy. Woo hoo I WANT MORE. Lmaoo
Share 49ersWebzone