49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 254 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Damn so he's had two stretches of competent play. Separates him more from Trey

Yeah and he's played like s**t through most of it regardless of them winning. He's had years to develop and improve and hasn't. The fact that you can't allow Lance to do that but are willing to allow s**tty Sam that…shows your bias. You're unable to be objective. You should atleast admit it…instead of constantly dodging it.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yeah and he's played like s**t through most of it regardless of them winning. He's had years to develop and improve and hasn't. The fact that you can't allow Lance to do that but are willing to allow s**tty Sam that…shows your bias. You're unable to be objective. You should atleast admit it…instead of constantly dodging it.

We've seen guys go from years of incompetence to competent with better coaching.

We have never seen a QB play 2 years against low level competition and become an NfL starter. Yes I believe Darnold has a better chance, especially this season

We've seen guys go from years of incompetence to competent with better coaching.

We have never seen a QB play 2 years against low level competition and become an NfL starter. Yes I believe Darnold has a better chance, especially this season

he's 3rd string.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Outside of the Arizona game, which our defense was awesome, he can't even put up 11 points against the worst teams in the league with a stacked ass roster and great staff. So far he's Shown he's as good as Beathard. Hell yeah! I WANT MORE! I WANT MORE!

Josh Allen's first SIX GAMES he had 2 passing TDs and 5 INTs lol. My god you people would have had a hissy fit

Look - i think you have good input and I have no issue with you, but If you want to debate Lance -
1. let's take it over to the Trey thread, please.
2. Let's take it down a notch, myself include. We are all on the same team here. I don't think you're coming at me side ways but when we go back and forth like this - it become unproductive and pushes others away from posting their opinions.
Originally posted by TreyDeyEeyDey:

he's 3rd string.

With incentives in his contract for starting. Find me another one of those "3rd stringers"

he's 3rd string.

With incentives in his contract for starting. Find me another one of those "3rd stringers"

as Treys backup as Purdy's status is in limbo.

he's 3rd string.

as Treys backup as Purdy's status is in limbo.

They don't do that for backups. It's only for guys they think have a chance to start. See Sudfeld and Jimmy

We rarely if ever see a guy who's got 5 yrs of starts, be one of the worst starting QBs in the league during that timespan (with multiple coaching staffs), not improve at all…then go on and become good. He's a backup now. That's his career path.

we've seen plenty of young QBs that have struggled early in their career become good starting QBs in the league…they have to PLAY to make that happen though. Sam HAS PLAYED, it's a whole lot of poop and if you understood the position at all you'd agree.

You're being incredibly thick headed, hypocritical, and bias about this topic. We all see it

Hahaha every QB has incentives for playing time. The fact that his GTD cash isn't meaningful literally proves that whole thing wrong
Look - i think you have good input and I have no issue with you, but If you want to debate Lance -
2. Let's take it down a notch, myself include. We are all on the same team here. I don't think you're coming at me side ways but when we go back and forth like this - it become unproductive and pushes others away from posting their opinions.

That's fair.

That's fair.

What's your opinion on 1. Do you think Purdy will participate in camp? 2. If so, what do you expect him to be doing?

i think he only does 11-11 reps towards the end of camp, if he does. I imagine he will be out there doing different things as part of his rehab.

Definitely depends on how he heals up, but curious if your thought lines up with mine.

Hahaha every QB has incentives for playing time. The fact that his GTD cash isn't meaningful literally proves that whole thing wrong

To me it says if Brock is ready they can cut ties and maintain Treys trade value. If he's not then they got it set up for a competition for who can better keep us afloat until Brock is ready
What's your opinion on 1. Do you think Purdy will participate in camp? 2. If so, what do you expect him to be doing?

i think he only does 11-11 reps towards the end of camp, if he does. I imagine he will be out there doing different things as part of his rehab.

Definitely depends on how he heals up, but curious if your thought lines up with mine.

Truthfully, I don't expect him to be cleared early enough in training camp to be ready to start the year.

I think he will be cleared to throw on the sideline at some point and people will take that out of context. SF has always been slow in buildup for things like this. Which imo is the safe route.

I mean he could shock us all and be completely cleared in 5 months and have a solid month to actually get in football shape, have his arm completely built up to play and be far long enough to where any impact isn't gonna re-tear the UCL. That would be amazing.
To me it says if Brock is ready they can cut ties and maintain Treys trade value. If he's not then they got it set up for a competition for who can better keep us afloat until Brock is ready

All it means is he has little gtd cash. Like a ton of backup QBs in the NFL. Mike white, case Keenum, Stidham all got more GTD cash than him. Ain't nobody saying they're gonna be starting. Sam only got a little over a million more than PJ Walker did.

we got two injury prone QBs ahead of him so the incentives his agent got is a smart move on his part.

All it means is he has little gtd cash. Like a ton of backup QBs in the NFL. Mike white, case Keenum, Stidham all got more GTD cash than him. Ain't nobody saying they're gonna be starting. Sam only got a little over a million more than PJ Walker did.

we got two injury prone QBs ahead of him so the incentives his agent got is a smart move on his part.

Smart move on our part too imo. I feel a little more (not a lot) comfortable now if Brock can't go. Not that I'm confident in Darnold, but at least there will be some kind of competition and we won't be forced to play Trey if he's not ready
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 23, 2023 at 8:49 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone