49ers bounce back from consecutive losses with decisive 30-13 win over Patriots →

There are 249 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Smart move on our part too imo. I feel a little more (not a lot) comfortable now if Brock can't go. Not that I'm confident in Darnold, but at least there will be some kind of competition and we won't be forced to play Trey if he's not ready

I'm more confidant in Lance. There's at least upside there. Sam is who he is at this point. Whatever with competition. I don't see Sam and Lance splitting starting reps through camp. We will agree to disagree there
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Smart move on our part too imo. I feel a little more (not a lot) comfortable now if Brock can't go. Not that I'm confident in Darnold, but at least there will be some kind of competition and we won't be forced to play Trey if he's not ready

I'm more confidant in Lance. There's at least upside there. Sam is who he is at this point. Whatever with competition. I don't see Sam and Lance splitting starting reps through camp. We will agree to disagree there

It's a SB roster with a QB they believe in. The days of starting Trey without proving it for some potential upside are over imo. He should at the very least prove he's better than Darnold before we say he doesn't have to compete with him

I feel good about Darnold. This isn't Josh Rosen. Rosen has 16 starts and is 3-13 with his best rating 66.

Darnold has 55 starts with his best rating 92. I see someone made the Rosen comp.. that's a joke comp
In fact, every Darnold season per rating is better than the best Rosen season..

Sam can play, and with this team he'll play better than he ever has. Just a question on TL will he perform and stay healthy, also will BP recover and when?
It's a SB roster with a QB they believe in. The days of starting Trey without proving it for some potential upside are over imo. He should at the very least prove he's better than Darnold before we say he doesn't have to compete with him

So they weren't a Super Bowl team this time last year? It's no different man. Splitting first team reps is a horrible idea. Get your starter ready to play. That's the point of training camp.

sticking a known horrible QB is not a better scenario imo. Sam has proven he's not a rhythm thrower. His footwork is awful. He's proven he can not see the field well and has a hard time with anticipation. He's been inaccurate since college and as long as his footwork stinks he won't get better there. Period.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

I feel good about Darnold. This isn't Josh Rosen. Rosen has 16 starts and is 3-13 with his best rating 66.

Darnold has 55 starts with his best rating 92. I see someone made the Rosen comp.. that's a joke comp

Sam can play, and with this team he'll play better than he ever has. Just a question on TL will he perform and stay healthy, also will BP recover and when?

It's all about turnovers for him. If he can cut those down I would be pretty confident in him with this roster

It's all about turnovers for him. If he can cut those down I would be pretty confident in him with this roster

Give him an offseason with Shanny and our guys, our guys win on routes, the throws are there and are easy.. he hasn't had players winning all over the field, in CAR he had CMC traded out then just DJ Moore who as the only threat is probably routinely doubled and no one else who can win. No real TE either, now he gets Kittle. Sam has some Brock in his game, look at the college tape he moves well keeps eyes downfield and can throw on the move.

Tell me how they come up with a QB rating? People toss it out like it's a meaningful stat and almost no one knows how that stat even comes about. Just curious there.

Sam has shown he can't played at the starter level. That much is true. His accuracy hasn't improved. His footwork is awful. He isn't a rhythm thrower at all. He can't see the field well. He can move and be used in the bootleg game. He's a better QB then Josh Johnson, which imo doesn't mean much.

Tell me how turnovers happen? It's not throwing with anticipation. It's not seeing the field well. It's having poor footwork which leads to inaccurate passes….this is all stuff that he's has stunk at for 5 years. So yeah if he improves that then made he will be better lol. You could say the same thing for every QB that isn't a starter.

So they weren't a Super Bowl team this time last year? It's no different man. Splitting first team reps is a horrible idea. Get your starter ready to play. That's the point of training camp.

sticking a known horrible QB is not a better scenario imo. Sam has proven he's not a rhythm thrower. His footwork is awful. He's proven he can not see the field well and has a hard time with anticipation. He's been inaccurate since college and as long as his footwork stinks he won't get better there. Period.

They weren't what they are now. They became a real win now team when they grabbed CMC. Brock has emerged. The circumstances are different now. They are looking for a guy to hold the fort down if our starter can't go, they aren't looking for upside that may never be reached

Tell me how turnovers happen? It's not throwing with anticipation. It's not seeing the field well. It's having poor footwork which leads to inaccurate passes….this is all stuff that he's has stunk at for 5 years. So yeah if he improves that then made he will be better lol. You could say the same thing for every QB that isn't a starter.

This will be the best coaching/team he's ever had. He wouldn't be the first player to turn it around. Let's see what he can do. Is Trey the only guy that gets a chance in your mind?

Give him an offseason with Shanny and our guys, our guys win on routes, the throws are there and are easy.. he hasn't had players winning all over the field, in CAR he had CMC traded out then just DJ Moore who as the only threat is probably routinely doubled and no one else who can win. No real TE either, now he gets Kittle. Sam has some Brock in his game, look at the college tape he moves well keeps eyes downfield and can throw on the move.

None of that matters if he can't see the field well or throw with anticipation. Brock for the most part did that, hence why people were all about him.

it's funny how people (not saying you) say a better roster/HC can help a QB develop/improve for one QB but not a chance can it do it for another…especially one that doesn't have a ton of bad habits ingrained in him from years of playing in the NFL. s**t is ass backwards

Tell me how they come up with a QB rating? People toss it out like it's a meaningful stat and almost no one knows how that stat even comes about. Just curious there.

Sam has shown he can't played at the starter level. That much is true. His accuracy hasn't improved. His footwork is awful. He isn't a rhythm thrower at all. He can't see the field well. He can move and be used in the bootleg game. He's a better QB then Josh Johnson, which imo doesn't mean much.

Tell me how he had 92 rating last season
you don't like rating?
how about 4-2 record on a dumpster fire team that was so bad Baker got the pink slip and the face of the franchise got dealt
if you know about Td % his was 5.. by comp Rodgers last year 4.8.
last year y/a was 8.2.. if you know anything about y/a that is extremely high.. Mahomes last season and career 8.1 also Brock 8.1

None of that matters if he can't see the field well or throw with anticipation. Brock for the most part did that, hence why people were all about him.

it's funny how people (not saying you) say a better roster/HC can help a QB develop/improve for one QB but not a chance can it do it for another…especially one that doesn't have a ton of bad habits ingrained in him from years of playing in the NFL. s**t is ass backwards

We aren't thinking about developing Darnold or his future lol. We are thinking about a SB season and who would be better to strt if Brock can't go
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 23, 2023 at 9:29 AM ]
you don't like rating?
how about 4-2 record on a dumpster fire team that was so bad Baker got the pink slip and the face of the franchise got dealt
last year y/a was 8.2.. if you know anything about y/a that is extremely high.. Mahomes last season and career 8.1 also Brock 8.1

I asked you to explain to me what QB rating is. Explain to me how they come up with the stat.

Did you watch those games when they went 4-2? They ran the football. They took it out of Sam's hands. He had a couple good downfield throws in broken plays. If you know anything Y/A doesn't take into account YAC. he still completed less than 60% of his passes.

You know who was right next to Sam at TD% Heneicke/Dalton.

dude was not good last yr all the same.

you don't like rating?

You have to be dreaming to believe Darnold signed here with 3rd string in mind
Share 49ersWebzone