There are 283 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
We aren't thinking about developing Darnold or his future lol. We are thinking about a SB season and who would be better to strt if Brock can't go

And you're trying to debate why the worst starting QB over the past 5 yrs should start lol. I'm debating the team will give the reps to the kid that just gave up 3 1sts for and actually made the starting QB last yr WHEN they were STILL trying to win a SB.
You have to be dreaming to believe Darnold signed here with 3rd string in mind

Right because he was flush with options lol.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
We aren't thinking about developing Darnold or his future lol. We are thinking about a SB season and who would be better to strt if Brock can't go

And you're trying to debate why the worst starting QB over the past 5 yrs should start lol. I'm debating the team will give the reps to the kid that just gave up 3 1sts for and actually made the starting QB last yr WHEN they were STILL trying to win a SB.

As bad as he is, Trey has looked worse. This is not his team anymore. If you don't think the better QB should start until Brock is back then you really don't care about the team. Imagine telling Trent "but Trey might be good one day!!!" Lol

As bad as he is, Trey has looked worse. This is not his team anymore. If you don't think the better QB should start until Brock is back then you really don't care about the team. Imagine telling Trent "but Trey might be good one day!!!" Lol

Neither one of them is proven. So by your logic, the season should just be chalked up as a loss if Brock can't go. So what would it matter to you who we put in? In that scencario, I would rather give the guy we gave up so much for another opportunity to prove himself.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Mar 23, 2023 at 10:05 AM ]

So you've completely written off Trey as the future of this team but you say NY should be objective about a QB competition between Lance and Darnold?

Seems hypocritical
Originally posted by Waterbear:
So you've completely written off Trey as the future of this team but you say NY should be objective about a QB competition between Lance and Darnold?

Seems hypocritical

It's all over the forum. Give up on Trey but Sam just needs a shot with this team.

Seems hypocritical

Until Brock shows me otherwise, yes I have written off Treys chances to develop here

No he hasn't lol. Having a couple bad passes does not over take 5 years of poor football. Quit being silly.

I don't think there should be a competition plan and simple. Those reps are valuable and splitting them is counter productive. Sam is the backup. Plain and simple. It's no different than last off season.

just because you hate lance doesn't mean they should stick an actual proven bad QB in there. It sure as s**t isn't Sam's team.

it's actually not anyone's team. We don't have a proven guy With years of good play. We have a couple small samples of QB play and a guy with 1,800 passing attempts and over 50 starts of mostly bad football.

Seems hypocritical

Until Brock shows me otherwise, yes I have written off Treys chances to develop here

So you admit you're not open minded to Trey's potential development but you expect others to be open minded about Sam starting over Trey.

Yup. 100% hypocritical
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

Seems hypocritical

It's all over the forum. Give up on Trey but Sam just needs a shot with this team.

Lol right! This dude has the balls to write s**t like that and tell me I'm not being objective…Anyone with half a brain can see his posts are covered in bias/hypocrisy b******t.

No he hasn't lol. Having a couple bad passes does not over take 5 years of poor football. Quit being silly.

I don't think there should be a competition plan and simple. Those reps are valuable and splitting them is counter productive. Sam is the backup. Plain and simple. It's no different than last off season.

just because you hate lance doesn't mean they should stick an actual proven bad QB in there. It sure as s**t isn't Sam's team.

it's actually not anyone's team. We don't have a proven guy With years of good play. We have a couple small samples of QB play and a guy with 1,800 passing attempts and over 50 starts of mostly bad football.

I haven't written off Trey fwiw

When you comp Darnold and TL it's a lil unfair to Darnold in the sense anyone with eyes would say he played on clown teams, while TL was drafted into a SB caliber org.

I think they will be close to one another, however I feel TL with it being his 3rd offseason here and the investment made compared to Sam, TL will have the inside track. If he is struggling this summer, that opens a door if Sam is on point and BP is not ready.
So you admit you're not open minded to Trey's potential development but you expect others to be open minded about Sam starting over Trey.

Yup. 100% hypocritical

Seems hypocritical

Lol
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

When you comp Darnold and TL it's a lil unfair to Darnold in the sense anyone with eyes would say he played on clown teams, while TL was drafted into a SB caliber org.

I think they will be close to one another, however I feel TL with it being his 3rd offseason here and the investment made compared to Sam, TL will have the inside track. If he is struggling this summer, that opens a door if Sam is on point and BP is not ready.

I know you haven't…

As far as Sam, What he's stunk at isn't something that has to do with the roster or coaching staff. He's the one that improves his footwork. He's the one that can't see the field. He's the one that can't throw with the anticipation needed to play well in the NFL. Those aren't team issues. Yes play-calling and roster helps with making the life of a QB easier.

you brought Carolina but for whatever reason you didn't count his first year there. He had CMC for multiple games. He had DJ Moore and Robbie Anderson. That team overall wasn't dog s**t. The QB play from everyone was though. I mean you could argue that PJ Walker wasn't much worse.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 23, 2023 at 10:21 AM ]
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

What he's stunk at isn't something that has to do with the roster or coaching staff. He's the one that improves his footwork. He's the one that can't see the field. He's the one that can't throw with the anticipation needed to play well in the NFL. Those are team issues. Yes play-calling and roster helps with making the life of a QB better.

you brought Carolina but for whatever reason you didn't count his first year there. He had CMC for multiple games. He had DJ Moore and Robbie Anderson. That team overall wasn't dog s**t. The QB play from everyone was though. I mean you could argue that PJ Walker wasn't much worse.

We can agree to disagree. With no one winning on routes all over the field, it's a lil harder to throw with anticipation. Where are you putting it, if they are all covered up? Who is calling plays to put your squad at an advantage? Are they on the KS level?
Share 49ersWebzone