There are 176 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I love dirty Purdy and can't wait to see him crush this year. If he plays even 80% of last year, we will get #6.
Originally posted by YACBros85:
So which ever pile of dogs**t smells a little better wins?

Pretty much. Don't even need to lead your team to a touchdown on offense.
Originally posted by tankle104:
I love dirty Purdy and can't wait to see him crush this year. If he plays even 80% of last year, we will get #6.

Here's hoping.

what's good here he is a world class athlete extremely young so recovery time should be strong
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
So which ever pile of dogs**t smells a little better wins?

Pretty much. Don't even need to lead your team to a touchdown on offense.

I didn't even look that far into it but you are right. 😂 Dudes in here giving Darnold credit for a win that came off of a fumble recovery for a TD. A game in which he averaged 2.87 YPA, 2.8 PR and a 0:2 TD to INT ratio. 🤣 I bet those folks were die hard Jimmy fans. Only they would give credit to a QB who did absolutely nothing to earn the win.
[ Edited by YACBros85 on Mar 23, 2023 at 12:52 PM ]
I didn't even look that far into it but you are right. 😂 Dudes in here giving Darnold credit for a win that came off of a fumble recovery for a TD. A game in which he averaged 2.87 YPA, 2.8 PR and a 0:2 TD to INT ratio. 🤣 I bet those folks were die hard Jimmy fans. Only they would give credit to a QB who did absolutely nothing to earn the win.

Jimmy outdueled every QB he faced in the playoffs in 2021 Yac. You didn't know that?

Jimmy outdueled every QB he faced in the playoffs in 2021 Yac. You didn't know that?

Yes. But not even Trey has looked that pathetic in a game and somehow Darnold is supposed to beat him out in TC.

Here's hoping.

Damn right I'm hoping. Lol idc what anyone says - Kyle loves Purdy and will get him in the starting lineup again. I'm really not worried about it at all. I'm just curious how long until Purdy is 100%. He's too good.

You have to be smockin rocks to not start this cat! Kyle wants that chip to solidly his spot in history!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I mean you call also toss out all the QBs drafted in day three that didn't turn into pro-bowler too…if we're gonna be fair about it, no?

there's a reason SF spent those picks. Thinking that they all of sudden think he blows and can't improve because of 100 random passing attempts would be incredibly short-sighted. I can't imagine they would be that dumb considering where Lance was at when they drafted him.

Brock coming in and playing well is an awesome story. Hopefully he gets healthy in enough time to be part of TC. If they think he's ready to go and Lance doesn't show enough come WK1…then I would assume Brock would be the guy.

IMO Darnold isn't part of the starting conversation…regardless of what is said. I don't see them splitting reps or anything. We will find out.

Yes, you could take any QB ever drafted and I think it will prove the point that drafting a QB is a gamble. I know it is irritating when people doubt players without seeming logic. Right or wrong, we all judge people, players, coaches et al, based on our own guts and instincts. That means my opinion carries no more weight than any other fan. I remember how bad our team was before Joe. I also remember how gut-wrenching it was when he was traded. I have seen many players come and go who were supposed to take us to the promised land again. It hasn't happened yet. We came really close with a 7th round QB that reminded me of how much fun it once was to watch my team play every Sunday. I know I will not change anyone's mind with my words. And after reading page upon page of discussion about our QB room, I doubt anything anyone can say will change anyone's mind about any of our QBs.
Before you post in this thread, think about what you are about to write. If it has a significant connection to Brock Purdy, write it. If not, take it to the appropriate thread.

Thank you.

Mean old mods.

Originally posted by dj43:
Before you post in this thread, think about what you are about to write. If it has a significant connection to Brock Purdy, write it. If not, take it to the appropriate thread.

Thank you.

Mean old mods.

I better never read another QB's name up in here again. I will blow your PM's up.

Thank you.

Mean old mods.

Thank you, I couldn't keep up with this thread anymore lol
Just scrolling through, my head turned slightly into oatmeal lol
Back to Brock:)

Here's this

https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/qb-brock-purdy-iowa-state-runs-a-4-84-40-yard-dash-at-the-2022-combine
Originally posted by Montana:

Thank you.

Mean old mods.

Thank you, I couldn't keep up with this thread anymore lol
Just scrolling through, my head turned slightly into oatmeal lol

Martz lovin Glock Purdy:

"I remember the first time I saw Brock Purdy play. He was calm and steady from the moment he saw his first meaningful NFL snaps. Chaos was all around him; the player in front of him on the San Francisco 49ers depth chart — Jimmy Garoppolo — had just broken his foot, and the last player picked in the draft, in his first NFL season, stepped in with the composure of a 15-year veteran quarterback.
He was decisive, accurate and confident while leading the 49ers to nine straight victories last season.
It's striking how different Purdy is compared to the quarterback who entered the 2022 season atop the 49ers' depth chart. Because you just don't see those same qualities with Trey Lance."

https://www.the33rdteam.com/category/analysis/trey-lance-not-ready-to-start-development-will-take-time/
Share 49ersWebzone