There are 230 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by eric_anthony:
Originally posted by tankle104:
I hope Trey and Purdy were able to figure out what the hell Jimmy does on qb sneaks because that man was incredible at getting that yard. Hahah

purdy had a couple of qb sneaks that weren't too pretty. He had one that I remember that was really nice. - I don't remember him doing them much.

Trey did a QB sneak successfully this past season I would like to see them call it more for him. He has the size to his advantage as well as opposed to Brock.

He's big bodied and physical - they would be successful. I just want to know what Jimmie's secret is lmao
I hope Trey and Purdy were able to figure out what the hell Jimmy does on qb sneaks because that man was incredible at getting that yard. Hahah

purdy had a couple of qb sneaks that weren't too pretty. He had one that I remember that was really nice. - I don't remember him doing them much.
yes, that tuck your head down and move forward took 7 years in tibet to master
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Hahaha he spent time with the monks!

Brady was really good at them too. If I'm not mistaken, Jimmy learned it from him.

Trey did a QB sneak successfully this past season I would like to see them call it more for him. He has the size to his advantage as well as opposed to Brock.

He's big bodied and physical - they would be successful. I just want to know what Jimmie's secret is lmao

Its no secret. You get low and follow your double team block. Or you do like the eagles and have two guys push you from behind. lol
Originally posted by YACBros85:

Its no secret. You get low and follow your double team block. Or you do like the eagles and have two guys push you from behind. lol
no no, jimmy is doing it all by himself

They need to ban that play. Seriously. If not, the 49ers need to put it in the playbook.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

They need to ban that play. Seriously. If not, the 49ers need to put it in the playbook.

With our luck at QB injury let's not.. why do you see 1 team in football doing it, cuz Hurts is a freak who squats 600+.. he's their power back, sets TD records on the ground

Hahaha he spent time with the monks!

Brady was really good at them too. If I'm not mistaken, Jimmy learned it from him.

Sign Tom Brady as our QB sneak coach and emergency QB,
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

With our luck at QB injury let's not.. why do you see 1 team in football doing it, cuz Hurts is a freak who squats 600+.. he's their power back, sets TD records on the ground
if you watch the play, it's the OL doing the work. you take out the DL's feet and they don't have leverage.
i like the push qb sneak, throw back from rugby roots of football

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

if you watch the play, it's the OL doing the work. you take out the DL's feet and they don't have leverage.

Sure but eventually its a rugby scrum with your QB in the middle.. after long rehabs on TL and BP I'd rather not have them in a rugby scrum, tug of war type situation
no no, jimmy is doing it all by himself

No one said he did but the fact Jimmy is successful 100% of the time on his conversations when qb sneaks. - youd be a fool to think he's not doing something unique/effective.

Hahah he's too busy playing BBall with the Las Vegas aces' lol
honest question - I'm curious to hear others opinions.

is there anything that lance does as a second year QB with two training camps under his belt that is better than Purdy? (Outside of arm strength and running a 40 - because we know Purdy is a better scrambler).

he can put a spiral on a dollar bill better than BCB

Hahah he's too busy playing BBall with the Las Vegas aces' lol

Brady saw JG go to Vegas.. and he took it personal

I think TB12 would do wonders for both Brock and TL; like having another elite coach on roster, if he were to unretire
Share 49ersWebzone