There are 190 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
If you have eyes and you can see and you watched the Niners play last year, then you KNOW Brock is/was a better QB than Trey. Having said that, IF the two wind up in camp together (which ain't gonna happen because Brock will still be rehabbing) Brock wins QB1. Trey will be QB1 by default. Which means, if he ain't winning games, when Brock comes back, Brock is QB1. Then comes the question What to do with Trey? I say, restructure his contract and make him a backup QB with backup 💰
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
he can put a spiral on a dollar bill better than BCB

That's impressive, regardless. Haha
Originally posted by NinerTy:
If you have eyes and you can see and you watched the Niners play last year, then you KNOW Brock is/was a better QB than Trey. Having said that, IF the two wind up in camp together (which ain't gonna happen because Brock will still be rehabbing) Brock wins QB1. Trey will be QB1 by default. Which means, if he ain't winning games, when Brock comes back, Brock is QB1. Then comes the question What to do with Trey? I say, restructure his contract and make him a backup QB with backup 💰

You ain't restructuring a rook deal.. pretty sure that's not a thing

the rook deals are cheap, even if TL is a backup in 2023 and 2024.. the price is reasonable.. Darnold could make TL money this year for instance, if he hits his incentives

in a worst case if we decide to move on from TL we can flip him at the deadline which is in season in 2024, recall JG was flipped to us around his year 4 deadline

best case would be both Brock and TL are FQBs, in which case it's a big decision like the early 90s at QB, and we trade one and get real assets in return

Can you do that if it's a rookie contract? I know you can't work out extensions until after year 3, but idk if you can restructure it. Maybe, does anyone know? Not because I think Lance would, I just am curious if it's possible in general.

I also highly doubt Lance will take a pay to stay here, especially with his contract being guaranteed. lol there are also dead cap costs to us if he's traded. Unless it's a great offer, I highly doubt he goes anywhere.

maybe after this season his contract can be renegotiated (if possible and if he isn't the starter) so he can go elsewhere without us having all that dead cap
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

the rook deals are cheap, even if TL is a backup in 2023 and 2024.. the price is reasonable.. Darnold could make TL money this year for instance, if he hits his incentives

in a worst case if we decide to move on from TL we can flip him at the deadline which is in season in 2024, recall JG was flipped to us around his year 4 deadline

best case would be both Brock and TL are FQBs, in which case it's a big decision like the early 90s at QB, and we trade one and get real assets in return

What? Darnold contract Can net him up to $10M? Are you sure? Lance has one of the highest salaries on the team, I'd be shocked if a third stringer is offered that

Go Brock!
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
no no, jimmy is doing it all by himself

No one said he did but the fact Jimmy is successful 100% of the time on his conversations when qb sneaks. - youd be a fool to think he's not doing something unique/effective.
no one said he did , but he's doing something unique/effective ? lol
[ Edited by 49AllTheTime on Mar 24, 2023 at 10:01 AM ]
no no, jimmy is doing it all by himself

No one said he did but the fact Jimmy is successful 100% of the time on his conversations when qb sneaks. - youd be a fool to think he's not doing something unique/effective.
no said he did , but he's doing something unique/effective ? lol

Lmao alright?

What? Darnold contract Can net him up to $10M? Are you sure? Lance has one of the highest salaries on the team, I'd be shocked if a third stringer is offered that

He can net up to $11.5m if the stars align for him; it's on incentives

The TL salary may be high compared to a reserve LB but on the QB scale it's pretty dirt cheap.. for example the Carr / Daniel Jones tier is making around $40m or close to 4x what TL is making. JG is making around double. We get an entire QB room BP, TL, SD for less than 1 JG.
He can net up to $11.5m if the stars align for him; it's on incentives

Damn, I didn't realize that. Interesting.
The TL salary may be high compared to a reserve LB but on the QB scale it's pretty dirt cheap.. for example the Carr / Daniel Jones tier is making around $40m or close to 4x what TL is making. JG is making around double. We get an entire QB room BP, TL, SD for less than 1 JG.

Yeah, I know his contract is relatively cheap. It's the benefit of rookie contracts. Daniel's and carr are way over paid. Shouldn't be making more than $25M, just my opinion. desperate teams (like the browns for example) just always messing up the market rates.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

OROY!!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

OROY!!!!

the sick juke at 1min.. also the Kittle catch at 40 sec is
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
What kind of deoderant does Dirty Purdy use? Degree, Gillette?
Share 49ersWebzone