Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 234 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
It would be crazy if Purdy is the real deal, and balls out the rest of this year. Jimmy is gone no matter what, so it will be Lance against Purdy for the starter next year, and may the best man win.

I dont see an open competition with a #3 overall pick and the last pick in the draft.

I think they're itching for answers regarding what Trey can do. They aren't going to let his contract expire without finding out whether he's got it or not.

What's alot more likely is Trey comes in as the starter with the understanding that Purdy's on his heels should he not perform well next season.

Best case scenario is both guys are the goods.

Next-to-worse case scenario is Trey doesn't pan out, but you later insert Purdy and he's locked in either way for 3+ seasons.
At least we have one of the best, youngest, and least expensive backup qb to Lance
He's about 6'1" 215 lbs. Plenty big enough. Bigger than Brees. Probably at least as big as Young was. No problem with his size.
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
For the last pick of the draft he's a steal. Imo at worst we have a great backup, but this kid can play.

He looks small, but what's crazy is he's similar in size as Steve Young.

Steve is 6'2. A bit taller. Also had a fatter booty. Steve looked thicc sometimes.

A famously generous 6'2" listing

And Purdy is like 6'0 5/8 inches or something like that, per the combine or senior bowl thing.
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Remember when all the Jimmy fans said it would be different this week when a team had some tape on Purdy.

Not really, but I do remember nearly everyone withholding judgment due to the limited evidence available (as reasonable minds should).
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He's about 6'1" 215 lbs. Plenty big enough. Bigger than Brees. Probably at least as big as Young was. No problem with his size.

He might not be very big, but the nice thing about Purdy is that he's very quick in moving around the pocket and has some escapability.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Remember when all the Jimmy fans said it would be different this week when a team had some tape on Purdy.

Not really, but I do remember nearly everyone withholding judgment due to the limited evidence available (as reasonable minds should).

There were a lot of posters who said we should start Jimmy in the playoffs regardless of how Purdy plays.
Originally posted by random49er:
I dont see an open competition with a #3 overall pick and the last pick in the draft.

I think they're itching for answers regarding what Trey can do. They aren't going to let his contract expire without finding out whether he's got it or not.

What's alot more likely is Trey comes in as the starter with the understanding that Purdy's on his heels should he not perform well next season.

Next-to-worse case scenario is Trey doesn't pan out, but you later insert Purdy and he's locked in either way for 3+ seasons.

💯 this
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:

There were a lot of posters who said we should start Jimmy in the playoffs regardless of how Purdy plays.

Cool. Did you read the original post in this string? Two very different things, but keep fueling controversy for no reason.
Originally posted by Norwegian49ers:
Originally posted by jcs:
He's looking better out there in two games than at any point with Trey this season.

Thats what i say. This kid looks amazing and i realy enjoy watching him. Hadnt had that with trey.

He's light years ahead of Trey Lance. He's just a tremendous QB.

He appears to be a more mobile Jimmy. I'm not unhappy about that in this offense
[ Edited by shorepatrol on Dec 11, 2022 at 4:54 PM ]
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

He might not be very big, but the nice thing about Purdy is that he's very quick in moving around the pocket and has some escapability.

He's got some short area quickness. He can create off schedule.

Not this Jimmy fan. This is a great victory, let's just enjoy it.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by random49er:

💯 this

This makes sense. Let's see how far we go this season and how it looks, a lot of things could change if he keeps playing like this and leads us far.

tbh, if Purdy takes us pretty far - idk how the team will feel about starting Lance over him. I thought the players seemed to be annoyed that Lance was starting.
He has finally unlocked the offense in a way Jimmy never could.
Share 49ersWebzone