There are 228 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why are so many taking victory dances? Only thing i read is Purdy would have been #1 if he wasn't injured which isn't shocking. Lance will be leading the clubhouse this offseason and probably though training camp. Book isnt shut for Lance like some of you are acting like.

Not sure why we have fans that only want 1 QB to succeed.
Originally posted by tankle104:
Lmao I'm dying laughing over here at all these guys who thought Lance really was going to be considered for QB1, like it's a competition.

The team sees what I've been telling everyone, but but but Lance has played good! Lmaooo

they didn't even say Lance played good.. more like but but but.. it was raining

NFL is a what do you do with your opportunities business, excuses will buy you the bench.. we all saw what BP did with his opportunity
Originally posted by miked1978:
Why are so many taking victory dances? Only thing i read is Purdy would have been #1 if he wasn't injured which isn't shocking. Lance will be leading the clubhouse this offseason and probably though training camp. Book isnt shut for Lance like some of you are acting like.

It's very weird
So essentially, we want you guys to compete but the job is Brock's.

tbh I'm completely shocked they said that about him being the leader in the clubhouse. I thought they wouldn't say anything in an effort to motivate Lance as much as possible.

some would argue, saying this should motivate Lance more.

It's the offseason. There's no leading the clubhouse when you're not seen as the leader in the clubhouse
Originally posted by NYniner85:
That's hysterical, Hysterikal. Hahahah love it.

myself and other have repeatedly said that the team hands down prefers Brock over Lance but for some reason they still think the team believes he will become a superstar and the team wants him to start to justify the picks. Completely asinine - such hopeful folks. Lol

Talk about taking literally everything out of context

Why do you feel like everything I'm saying is directed at you? I specifically remember you saying that if Brock is healthy week 1, you'd want him to start.

the difference between you and i is that you believe Lance can develop into a top 5 qb (superstar) and I don't. I think he has a cap of 8-12 (dak type). Which I don't think is enough to warrant what we traded, and I think that's worse than purdy. That's all.

Who are you directing all this too then? You're running around acting like it's a gotcha moment and who exactly did you get lol? I'd say most people agree that if Brock is healthy he's getting the first team reps to start off the off season. I don't think it's a scenario like having a proven pro-bowl vet making a ton of cash, where there's zero competition and it's not a fluid situation.

Lol if you think Lance being a top 8-12 QB in the NFL on this roster would be bad… that's a f**king score! So what you think Brock is a top 5 QB in the league? I will kindly disagree there.

my whole debate was we haven't seen enough from either QB to either throw in the trash or hitch the wagon too long-term. That's all.

myself and other have repeatedly said that the team hands down prefers Brock over Lance but for some reason they still think the team believes he will become a superstar and the team wants him to start to justify the picks. Completely asinine - such hopeful folks. Lol

Why do you feel like everything I'm saying is directed at you? I specifically remember you saying that if Brock is healthy week 1, you'd want him to start.

the difference between you and i is that you believe Lance can develop into a top 5 qb (superstar) and I don't. I think he has a cap of 8-12 (dak type). Which I don't think is enough to warrant what we traded, and I think that's worse than purdy. That's all.

Pretty sure most people, including myself, said that Lance would be QB1 until Purdy came back.

Nothing Lynch said changes that. Purdy has proven more but he's injured. What am I missing?

I'm mainly just gloating with some of the folks in here that I've been debating with about our qb situation.

I've said it many times that I want Lance to get better - I'm a fan of the San Francisco 49ers - not the SF Purdys. I want what Is best for the team
Obviously, any sensible person knew Brock Purdy is QB1, but what's a bit surprising to me is how Lynch kept including Sam Darnold in that group competing for the starting job lol.
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
they didn't even say Lance played good.. more like but but but.. it was raining

NFL is a what do you do with your opportunities business, excuses will buy you the bench.. we all saw what BP did with his opportunity

LOL if you call that "opportunities"

Originally posted by Waterbear:

Pretty sure most people, including myself, said that Lance would be QB1 until Purdy came back.

Nothing Lynch said changes that. Purdy has proven more but he's injured. What am I missing?

the injury timing is what I go back and forth about. The only reason to think he won't be ready is… well I guess just lack of historical data.

he will be throwing and working out for three months before the season even starts. It's not like he will wait 6 months and then get off the couch.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Obviously, any sensible person knew Brock Purdy is QB1, but what's a bit surprising to me is how Lynch kept including Sam Darnold in that group competing for the starting job lol.

Because he's here to compete
Originally posted by Heroism:

25 years old with 55 starts. Not completely surprising he might get a chance at the job. But i bet he would have to be Montana level good to get it.
Is there a realistic scenario where Purdy is the starter and Sam Darnold beats out Trey for the backup spot? Or Purdy isn't ready to go and Sam Darnold is the starter...lol
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 27, 2023 at 9:35 AM ]
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Absolutely nothing lol.

I have no idea what the gloating is over. We all said if healthy Brock would start out as the QB1. He's not healthy, so he's not gonna be QB1. Lance will have to practice out of his mind to take over that spot. Brock will have to show that he's still that guy from last season…this isn't a prime Mahomes/Rogers situation where there is zero doubt who's the guy imo.

Everyone is gonna have to show they got it. Which is fine…except Sam lolz dude stinks 🤢
Share 49ersWebzone