There are 295 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by dj43:

could also be that Lance wants a chance to be QB1 and if he isn't getting that here, he may want to go to another team? The whole tricky part to this is his dead cap. I really am not sure, this is the biggest mystery to the qb room for me.
If Lance were traded post-June 1, the most likely scenario, the dead cap hit would be $5.4M but a cap savings of $3.3M.

Unless some team was to make a ridiculous draft offering, nothing else makes any sense at all.

Can you trade a player sooner than June first but it doesn't hit the books until after?

IDK

I just read some up on it and the short answer is yes. Here is the link for anyone interested.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/platform/amp/2020/3/19/21186561/understanding-the-post-june-1-designation

Yep, thanks.

"the June 1 designation applies to trades as well as cuts, though June 1 cuts are all we are likely to hear about in salary cap discussions."

It pushes the cap number into next year.
😍😍😍😍😍 could be shorter, per lynch.

The 12-week mark is when Purdy is expected to be able to begin throwing again. For now, he's rehabbing with physical therapist Keith Kocher in Gilbert, Ariz. Kocher has worked with throwing athletes, including many Major League Baseball pitchers, over the past 25 years. Purdy is still in the early stages of recovery, working on things like range of motion and though a six-month recovery timeline has always been assumed, Lynch hinted that Purdy could be back a bit sooner.

"I think like a lot of those things, timelines are just guidelines," Lynch said. "Every person is different. There probably is some amount of time in talking to the docs that you want to make sure you get to that point before he's out there but our hope is he's ready to go in training camp."

could also be that Lance wants a chance to be QB1 and if he isn't getting that here, he may want to go to another team? The whole tricky part to this is his dead cap. I really am not sure, this is the biggest mystery to the qb room for me.
If Lance were traded post-June 1, the most likely scenario, the dead cap hit would be $5.4M but a cap savings of $3.3M.

Unless some team was to make a ridiculous draft offering, nothing else makes any sense at all.

Can you trade a player sooner than June first but it doesn't hit the books until after?

IDK

I just read some up on it and the short answer is yes. Here is the link for anyone interested.

https://www.ganggreennation.com/platform/amp/2020/3/19/21186561/understanding-the-post-june-1-designation

Yep, thanks.

"the June 1 designation applies to trades as well as cuts, though June 1 cuts are all we are likely to hear about in salary cap discussions."

It pushes the cap number into next year.

It would have to a hell of an offer, imo. That's a lot of dead cap. Lol

the only reason I think there is a chance he is traded is because his value is higher than it will be next year, if he doesn't play, because of the fifth year option decision. A team may want to play him for a year before having to make that decision. At least I would.

If traded prior to June 1st it's only a 1.78 hit. Yes his dead cap is 10.8. When you take that away from his Cap hit we only lose 1.78
Originally posted by krizay:

If traded prior to June 1st it's only a 1.78 hit. Yes his dead cap is 10.8. When you take that away from his Cap hit we only lose 1.78

According to Overthecap, the numbers are as I quoted above.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:
Would people stop fretting, f**k! Dirty will be ready come '23 season opener, sweethearts.

Brock is QB 1 if he's healthy, for sure!

I love the fact that Lance has the *potential* to challenge him if he continues to develop. Steve Young took a looooooong time to develop also, so I'm glad Bill Walsh didn't trade him. But once Steve developed, he was unstoppable. If only he had Charles Haley, I'm betting Steve would have - possibly - added another couple of super bowls to his collection.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran

The 12-week mark is when Purdy is expected to be able to begin throwing again. For now, he's rehabbing with physical therapist Keith Kocher in Gilbert, Ariz. Kocher has worked with throwing athletes, including many Major League Baseball pitchers, over the past 25 years. Purdy is still in the early stages of recovery, working on things like range of motion and though a six-month recovery timeline has always been assumed, Lynch hinted that Purdy could be back a bit sooner.

"I think like a lot of those things, timelines are just guidelines," Lynch said. "Every person is different. There probably is some amount of time in talking to the docs that you want to make sure you get to that point before he's out there but our hope is he's ready to go in training camp."

He was throwing screens at the NFCCG immediately *after* the injury (which I think was NOT a good idea ) but because of that I'm hopeful his recovery will be sooner rather than later. Still, I want the 49ers to be extremely careful with Purdy's rehab. Just from the statistics alone, this guy is potentially a generational talent.

Acording to spotrac its the number I gave

That's good news if true.

PRE-6/1 RELEASE
2023 Dead Cap: $20,153,117
2023 Cap Savings: $-10,851,678

PRE-6/1 TRADE
2023 Dead Cap: $11,081,918
2023Cap Savings: $-1,780,479

POST-6/1 RELEASE
2023 Dead Cap: $14,612,158
2024 Dead Cap: $5,540,959
2023 Cap Savings: $-5,310,719

POST-6/1 TRADE
2023 Dead Cap: $5,540,959
2024 Dead Cap: $5,540,959
2023 Cap Savings: $3,760,480

Originally posted by miked1978:
Why are so many taking victory dances? Only thing i read is Purdy would have been #1 if he wasn't injured which isn't shocking. Lance will be leading the clubhouse this offseason and probably though training camp. Book isnt shut for Lance like some of you are acting like.

Not sure why we have fans that only want 1 QB to succeed.
Great post. This is the way.

In the end, the number is roughly the same.

Lance isn't going anywhere until we see a healthy Purdy and a reasonably effective Darnold.
[ Edited by dj43 on Mar 27, 2023 at 11:53 AM ]

Lance isn't going anywhere until we see a healthy Purdy and a reasonably effective Darnold.

If that's true you would see it as only a 1.78 loss. And not the 10 million loss
Originally posted by Giedi:

He was throwing screens at the NFCCG immediately *after* the injury (which I think was NOT a good idea ) but because of that I'm hopeful his recovery will be sooner rather than later. Still, I want the 49ers to be extremely careful with Purdy's rehab. Just from the statistics alone, this guy is potentially a generational talent.

I concur. I think we struck gold with him, maybe even plutonium because of his contract. Super exciting and puts us in an enviable position.

im so excited to see how he does over these next few years. FINALLY! My generation may get to see a top qb in the nfl play in a 49ers jersey for several years 😍😍

If that's true you would see it as only a 1.78 loss. And not the 10 million loss

Can you help me understand this? Looks like it would cost us $10M in dead cap spread over two seasons. Is that accurate, if he was traded?
Share 49ersWebzone