LISTEN: Answering The Biggest 49ers Questions With Akash Anavarathan →

There are 193 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That Purdy is considered the favorite to start is no surprise after he led the 49ers to a 7-1 record after taking over for an injured Jimmy Garoppolo in Week 14. Purdy, who was the final pick in the 2022 NFL draft, was third in the NFL in QBR (68.8), fifth in completion percentage (68.5) and first in yards per attempt (8.9) after becoming the starter.

😍😍
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 27, 2023 at 12:49 PM ]
Originally posted by tankle104:
That Purdy is considered the favorite to start is no surprise after he led the 49ers to a 7-1 record after taking over for an injured Jimmy Garoppolo in Week 14. Purdy, who was the final pick in the 2022 NFL draft, was third in the NFL in QBR (68.8), fifth in completion percentage (68.5) and first in yards per attempt (8.9) after becoming the starter.

😍😍

If he maintains that over a long sample he will be the guy going forward.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:

😍😍

If he can maintain it, he will be one THE guys in the league. Muhahah
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Can you help me understand this? Looks like it would cost us $10M in dead cap spread over two seasons. Is that accurate, if he was traded?

If traded after June 1st that would be the case. But we'd save money in both years
Originally posted by krizay:
Can you help me understand this? Looks like it would cost us $10M in dead cap spread over two seasons. Is that accurate, if he was traded?

If traded after June 1st that would be the case. But we'd save money in both years

Got it, thank you. $5.5M or so in each of the next two seasons isn't nearly as bad as I thought.

makes me wonder how interested the ravens may be in getting lance.

😍😍

😍😍

Someone else would have to provide a better option.
Do you think FO would care about cap hit if someone offered 3 first and 3rd for him?
Originally posted by TheWooLick:

😍😍

Someone else would have to provide a better option.

Exactly. Someone needs to prove they are an upgrade. The only reason he wouldn't be the guy right now is due to injury.
Less talk and more posts about why we're hyped for year 2 of BCB

If he can maintain it, he will be one THE guys in the league. Muhahah

Thats what it's gonna require to win a SB IMO. The AFC champ is gonna have a top guy. Trey or Brock will need to be in that neighborhood if we are to win.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Remember that Amazing dime that Aiyuk dropped that would of given Purdy 5 TDs in his first playoff game… 😶
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Do you think FO would care about cap hit if someone offered 3 first and 3rd for him?

Nope. That's just an offer you couldn't refuse. Trading up in the draft is costly, but that kind of package is a what an established, very good - great, QB would command.
Originally posted by Heroism:

Remember that Amazing dime that Aiyuk dropped that would of given Purdy 5 TDs in his first playoff game… 😶

That was the moment that really sold me. I mean, I was already sold on Purdy. But that was something special that we haven't seen since Kaep IMO. (Not saying Kaep is better than Jimmy but he had moments of WOW plays).
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

Nope. That's just an offer you couldn't refuse. Trading up in the draft is costly, but that kind of package is a what an established, very good - great, QB would command.

I would be pretty surprised if we got a single first for him. I could see more of maybe two seconds and maybe a fourth.
Share 49ersWebzone