LISTEN: The Best Of The 49ers Webzone: No Huddle Podcast →

There are 113 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Remember that Amazing dime that Aiyuk dropped that would of given Purdy 5 TDs in his first playoff game… 😶

Purdy was simply throwing his nuts on the table with this one. And in a playoff game, no less. This is definitely one of those "try and stop me plays" that Fred Warner spoke about seeing from Purdy in practice.

[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 27, 2023 at 1:47 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Remember that Amazing dime that Aiyuk dropped that would of given Purdy 5 TDs in his first playoff game… 😶

Purdy was simply throwing his nuts on the table with this one. And in a playoff game, no less. This is definitely one of those "try and stop me plays" that Fred Warner spoke about seeing from Purdy in practice.

Plays like this are showing glimpses of "greatness" and/or "special". This play made me hard enough to put a hole in the Great Wall of China.
Less talk and more posts about why we're hyped for year 2 of BCB

I approve

I bet Purdy and Aiyuk aren't over that. That would have been on Purdy's and Aiyuks career highlights
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Do you think FO would care about cap hit if someone offered 3 first and 3rd for him?

Nope. That's just an offer you couldn't refuse. Trading up in the draft is costly, but that kind of package is a what an established, very good - great, QB would command.

Exactly. It only becomes a factor if all your getting back in return is 5th rd or something.
curious how Brock "leader in the clubhouse as the starting QB" is doing today? need some damn rehab news
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:

I bet Purdy and Aiyuk aren't over that. That would have been on Purdy's and Aiyuks career highlights

That was probably the best play/throw I've seen by a starting 49ers qb in my life (never seen young or montana live). I was so bummed when it was dropped
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
curious how Brock "leader in the clubhouse as the starting QB" is doing today? need some damn rehab news

Lynch said they'll probably meet with him later tonight (they're in AZ for the owner meeting).

overall, he's doing the first 12 weeks of rehab with a professional that was recommended by the Dr who works with a lot of MLB rehabs regarding this type of surgery. Which should give him the best chance to have his mobility/range of motion ready to start his throwing program on time. So far, Lynch said it's going great.
That was probably the best play/throw I've seen by a starting 49ers qb in my life (never seen young or montana live). I was so bummed when it was dropped

I don't know, lol... Kaepernick's pressure avoiding jump dart TD throw to Boldin against Seattle in the NFC title game was just absolutely gnarly.

It was an awesome play by Brock though. His ability to improv was a huge addition to the offense.

Kap had a ridiculous one vs the Rams on a MNF game in 2013 I believe. Was right there with Brocks.

Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

I don't know, lol... Kaepernick's pressure avoiding jump dart TD throw to Boldin against Seattle in the NFC title game was just absolutely gnarly.

It was an awesome play by Brock though. His ability to improv was a huge addition to the offense.

I didn't remember that play at all - just looked it up and it was super badass. I think I remember it now that I think about it.

I'd love to see more of these.

it was a calculated risk, not a close-your-eyes-and-let-it-rip Jimmy G type of throw... BA was going to get it or it as going out of bounds, it was a great throw

I'm just so glad the statement has been made. Need some stability. None of this crap "we are going to see how it goes in August/September crap" Make it no questions asked right now.

I am a huge Trey fan and believe he will have it but now he is gong to have to climb up the hard way and show it every chance he gets.

Now every presser when Kyle asked who's QB1 he just has to say "see John"

Perfect
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
So has Lance. He just hasn't played a lot so he has a smaller sample size. Do we need to go post the highlights again? I know a lot of Jimmy stans didn't even watch when he played his rookie year. But sack yards lost is a reasonable metric for gleaning information about scrambling ability and I'll die on that hill. Not the end all be all, but that's useful information.

Purdy hasn't played much either. The difference is there isn't much to criticism about his performance.

i still can't believe he came in as a 7th round rookie and performed at that level. It's amazing. Lol less 1% of that happening. so wild

The discussion I'm involved in was strictly about SCRAMBLING ABILITY. Prudy has shown unequivocally to be the better QB of the two thus far, and frankly, assuming last year wasn't a strange fluke (and assuming this injury or something else doesn't cause him to regress), he proved to be one of the better QBs in the entire NFL.

it was a calculated risk, not a close-your-eyes-and-let-it-rip Jimmy G type of throw... BA was going to get it or it as going out of bounds, it was a great throw

Maybe a calculated risk with the throw, but his risk assessment should probably also include whether its worth it or not to take a massive hit while up 21 points with 5 minutes to go in the 4th.
Share 49ersWebzone