Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 176 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So nice seeing a 22 year old come in and look like an NFL QB.
[ Edited by krizay on Dec 11, 2022 at 4:56 PM ]
What I love is that he made the throws that Jimmy just seems to miss. I think this game showed what he's capable of, but the interesting test is to see how he does over 4 more games, and then see how he performs in playoff situations.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
What I love is that he made the throws that Jimmy just seems to miss. I think this game showed what he's capable of, but the interesting test is to see how he does over 4 more games, and then see how he performs in playoff situations.

Right, it'll just be interesting to see how teams adapt to him and how he responds. There are two games of tape on him. I don't think he will decline as a whole but I can see him struggling a few drives before he adapts though.
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
He has finally unlocked the offense in a way Jimmy never could.
This
Originally posted by Wubbie:

It really seems like a perfect situation where (1) he's far and away the best option for the team right now, (2) he gets an extended audition, potentially including post-season competition, and (3) the team's season is still alive. We'll probably have a high degree of confidence what he offers before any decision needs to be made.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
It would be crazy if Purdy is the real deal, and balls out the rest of this year. Jimmy is gone no matter what, so it will be Lance against Purdy for the starter next year, and may the best man win.

I dont see an open competition with a #3 overall pick and the last pick in the draft.

I think they're itching for answers regarding what Trey can do. They aren't going to let his contract expire without finding out whether he's got it or not.

What's alot more likely is Trey comes in as the starter with the understanding that Purdy's on his heels should he not perform well next season.

Best case scenario is both guys are the goods.

Next-to-worse case scenario is Trey doesn't pan out, but you later insert Purdy and he's locked in either way for 3+ seasons.

lol. no.

if Purdy continues to win all the way thru the SB, he's the starter.
Originally posted by boast:
It would be crazy if Purdy is the real deal, and balls out the rest of this year. Jimmy is gone no matter what, so it will be Lance against Purdy for the starter next year, and may the best man win.

I dont see an open competition with a #3 overall pick and the last pick in the draft.

I think they're itching for answers regarding what Trey can do. They aren't going to let his contract expire without finding out whether he's got it or not.

What's alot more likely is Trey comes in as the starter with the understanding that Purdy's on his heels should he not perform well next season.

Next-to-worse case scenario is Trey doesn't pan out, but you later insert Purdy and he's locked in either way for 3+ seasons.

lol. no.

I disagree. Things would depend on how he plays, for 1.

And for 2, why would you assume we're winning the SB based solely on his 1st start?
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 11, 2022 at 5:03 PM ]

lol. no.

I disagree.

then im glad youre a random fan with ZERO control over the roster
then im glad youre a random fan with ZERO control over the roster

Okay.

And for 2, why would you assume we're winning the SB based on his 1st start?

who assumed? i said if.

lol. no.

A problem I don't think anyone should have a problem with if it happens

And for 2, why would you assume we're winning the SB based on his 1st start?

who assumed? i said if.

You said "No" to the post and mentioned IF he wins the SB,...but SB was not discussed.

And the way you play matters,...not simply SB or not. You should've learned that from the last guy that started.
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 11, 2022 at 5:05 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ers808:
lol. no.

A problem I don't think anyone should have a problem with if it happens

oh Random will fill 1000s of pages arguing ridiculousness guaranteed.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
That was so cool seeing his parents get choked up every time he made a good play.

They didn't tell him that they actually came to see Brady play. ;)
Trey is younger than Brock. Safe to say we are set at QB moving forward. Let the cards fall where they may.
Share 49ersWebzone