There are 153 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tankle104:
Colts GM today:
"What I would tell you is that there's good players in this draft at every level," Ballard said. "Everybody just talks about the top four [quarterbacks], but there's some more guys out there that are pretty good players. And I think history's shown -- especially in the last few years with Jalen [Hurts] being one and Brock Purdy coming in and playing really well -- they come at every level. So, we'll do our work on every one of them."

Giving our boy dirty Purdy some respect!

Yeah, everybody loves Dirty.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Lynch has stated that Purdy is the leader in the clubhouse. If I'm Lance I'd sure as hell feel dissed. Maybe they're using the old Bill Walsh technique of lighting a fire under someone. During last off season I remember how Lance was praised for his on and off field behavior. Or could this be a sign that he's out the door?

It was probably a signal to the rest of the league that the offers for Lance need to be decent to justify moving him, calling Purdy the Clubhouse leader and the defacto starter adds to the reality that they are open to the possibility of unloading lance.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jcs:
Lynch has stated that Purdy is the leader in the clubhouse. If I'm Lance I'd sure as hell feel dissed. Maybe they're using the old Bill Walsh technique of lighting a fire under someone. During last off season I remember how Lance was praised for his on and off field behavior. Or could this be a sign that he's out the door?

It was probably a signal to the rest of the league that the offers for Lance need to be decent to justify moving him, calling Purdy the Clubhouse leader and the defacto starter adds to the reality that they are open to the possibility of unloading lance.

Yeah, if we can do it before the draft, we can get something this year.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by elguapo:
Plays like this are showing glimpses of "greatness" and/or "special". This play made me hard enough to put a hole in the Great Wall of China.

Yeah that was even a great play on Mahomes standards

Uh, that doesn't sound like it would feel good.

Sounds like a normal Saturday night for me when I'm watching his highlights ????

Yeah, I'm just saying, if you get too hard it hurts, right?

Yeah, mines not looking good these days. It's definitely been through some battles 😭😭
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
The problem with a post June 1st trade is that (a) we don't get draft capital for 2023, and (b) we lose a QB, whom we have to replace, at an additional cost to the cap.

Brock Purdy.

And the reality of all that is that there is no way Trey Lance is going to be moved this year. For now, we need him to come in and run things in OTAs and pre-season. In effect, Lance is fulfilling a backup role until Purdy is ready to roll.

Sam Darnold is a long-term insurance policy. He is not a factor in the current discussion.
Colts GM today:
"What I would tell you is that there's good players in this draft at every level," Ballard said. "Everybody just talks about the top four [quarterbacks], but there's some more guys out there that are pretty good players. And I think history's shown -- especially in the last few years with Jalen [Hurts] being one and Brock Purdy coming in and playing really well -- they come at every level. So, we'll do our work on every one of them."

Giving our boy dirty Purdy some respect!

Yeah, everybody loves Dirty.

You need to stop with this. Cmon mayo. LOL
Sounds Iike Lynch is pretty confident Purdy will be ready to go and is the clear #1.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
The problem with a post June 1st trade is that (a) we don't get draft capital for 2023, and (b) we lose a QB, whom we have to replace, at an additional cost to the cap.

Brock Purdy.

And the reality of all that is that there is no way Trey Lance is going to be moved this year. For now, we need him to come in and run things in OTAs and pre-season. In effect, Lance is fulfilling a backup role until Purdy is ready to roll.

Sam Darnold is a long-term insurance policy. He is not a factor in the current discussion.

3.5million guaranteed for a backup is certainly going to factor him into the discussion.
https://youtu.be/v959NkGsG0o
lmao David Lombardi def looks at our forum. Listen to the very beginning
Originally posted by SmokeyJoe:

How Lance reacts to public comments about him (or that concern him) from the staff is only one consideration when crafting those comments. I highly doubt these comments were made to light a fire under him. You can bet he's aware of his standing behind closed doors.

He was on Eisen talking a lot about competition. He knows his standing

More interesting was that Darnold YAC stat
Originally posted by krizay:

More interesting was that Darnold YAC stat

Yeah, that surprised me.

so others know, the panthers are the only team who finished with more YAC than we did.

"In the games he played, he played at a level that was the real deal," Shanahan said about Purdy. "If you go off that evaluation and what he did, he earned that job. He should be our starter on how he played. Because he has that film. And that was really cool to see."
[ Edited by Heroism on Mar 27, 2023 at 8:05 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

"In the games he played, he played at a level that was the real deal," Shanahan said about Purdy. "If you go off that evaluation and what he did, he earned that job. He should be our starter on how he played. Because he has that film. And that was really cool to see."

Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Heroism:

I'm going to start a war with China if I keep putting holes in their Great Wall with these massive erections dirty purdy news keeps giving me
Share 49ersWebzone