There are 240 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
But I was told Brock isn't part of the discussion lol
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by Bay2Bay9erAllday:
Originally posted by Heroism:

"In the games he played, he played at a level that was the real deal," Shanahan said about Purdy. "If you go off that evaluation and what he did, he earned that job. He should be our starter on how he played. Because he has that film. And that was really cool to see."

I'm going to start a war with China if I keep putting holes in their Great Wall with these massive erections dirty purdy news keeps giving me

Originally posted by Heroism:

"In the games he played, he played at a level that was the real deal," Shanahan said about Purdy. "If you go off that evaluation and what he did, he earned that job. He should be our starter on how he played. Because he has that film. And that was really cool to see."

Kyle getting people hyped for Purdy like:

• q0c0p
  • Veteran
Purdy is qb1. We knew this but its good that it is finally official
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Who said that? If it was said, I suspect this is deliberately taken out of context.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Who said that? If it was said, I suspect this is deliberately taken out of context.

He's talking a little smack because there were people on here saying it was a waste of time to entertain Purdy as QB1 because he wouldn't be healthy for the start of the season.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

There is no context when any conversation about the 49ers starter at this point starts and ends with Brock Purdy. It doesn't matter if we need a bridge to start the year, I don't see John or Kyle discussing anyone else when talking about the starter
Glad to read that by Lynch and Shanahan.

If Purdy is healthy and able to practice the week of Week 1 then he starts on Opening Day. As it should be.
Originally posted by KiwiM3:

If Purdy is healthy and able to practice the week of Week 1 then he starts on Opening Day. As it should be.
just a few days of practice and you want to throw him in there ?

i guess Darnold will start sooner
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

just a few days of practice and you want to throw him in there ?

i guess Darnold will start sooner

If everything goes well he will be throwing by June 2nd - which should give 6-7 weeks of ramp-up throwing to get his arm strength back up before training camp starts. (As much as you can during that period. I doubt he will be 100% but hopefully 70%+ by that time.)
Which means he should be in a solid position to start camp. Idk how long a ramp up takes but I'd imagine he will be a partial or light participant when camp starts and then slowly lead up to more reps on first team. Hopefully he heals cleanly and he should be in good shape to start week one.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 27, 2023 at 10:25 PM ]

• mayo49
  • Veteran

Yeah, they've been pretty adamant that Trey has earned the right to be the leading favorite to start.
Brock certainly won the job with how he played, but this is probably a missed opportunity to ease him along and get another look at Trey.

We're winning our division no matter who is at QB, and we need to get a bigger sample size of Trey.

We need to find out which QB gives us the best chance of winning the Superbowl, at the moment it's clearly Brock, but a developed Trey could end up being that guy, on this path we'll probably never find out.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Brock certainly won the job with how he played, but this is probably a missed opportunity to ease him along and get another look at Trey.

We're winning our division no matter who is at QB, and we need to get a bigger sample size of Trey.

We need to find out which QB gives us the best chance of winning the Superbowl, at the moment it's clearly Brock, but a developed Trey could end up being that guy, on this path we'll probably never find out.

Yeah, we're all on pin and needles waiting to see if Brock makes it out of this, back 100%. That makes Trey still in the mix.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Mar 28, 2023 at 1:43 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Kyle getting people hyped for Purdy like:

Dirty South (dirty Purdy), can y'all really feel me? (Feel it)
East Coast feel me (say what?), West Coast feel me (uh-huh)
Dirty South (dirty, Purdy), can y'all really feel me?
East Coast, feel me? West Coast feel me 🎶

Share 49ersWebzone