There are 187 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Glad to read that by Lynch and Shanahan.

If Purdy is healthy and able to practice the week of Week 1 then he starts on Opening Day. As it should be.
just a few days of practice and you want to throw him in there ?

i guess Darnold will start sooner

If everything goes well he will be throwing by June 2nd - which should give 6-7 weeks of ramp-up throwing to get his arm strength back up before training camp starts. (As much as you can during that period. I doubt he will be 100% but hopefully 70%+ by that time.)
Which means he should be in a solid position to start camp. Idk how long a ramp up takes but I'd imagine he will be a partial or light participant when camp starts and then slowly lead up to more reps on first team. Hopefully he heals cleanly and he should be in good shape to start week one.

#ArmFatigue
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by tankle104:
Originally posted by KiwiM3:
Glad to read that by Lynch and Shanahan.

If Purdy is healthy and able to practice the week of Week 1 then he starts on Opening Day. As it should be.
just a few days of practice and you want to throw him in there ?

i guess Darnold will start sooner

If everything goes well he will be throwing by June 2nd - which should give 6-7 weeks of ramp-up throwing to get his arm strength back up before training camp starts. (As much as you can during that period. I doubt he will be 100% but hopefully 70%+ by that time.)
Which means he should be in a solid position to start camp. Idk how long a ramp up takes but I'd imagine he will be a partial or light participant when camp starts and then slowly lead up to more reps on first team. Hopefully he heals cleanly and he should be in good shape to start week one.

#ArmFatigue

Hahaha I know what you're referencing but truthfully, his arm will definitely be sore/exhausted during this ramp up. The biggest thing Brock has going for him at this point is his youth.

I'd be super concerned if he was 5-6 seasons in.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
QB1!!!

If Trey looks mediocre, the job is Brock's.
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
But I was told Brock isn't part of the discussion lol

Who said that? If it was said, I suspect this is deliberately taken out of context.

There is no context when any conversation about the 49ers starter at this point starts and ends with Brock Purdy. It doesn't matter if we need a bridge to start the year, I don't see John or Kyle discussing anyone else when talking about the starter

Shanahan just said Trey has the chance to win the job back with Purdy injured. So I'll file this one as debunked.
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:

Literally not worried at all about Lance out performing Purdy. Lol like negative % chance this happens.

It sounds like Trey needs to worry more about beating out Sam Darnold.
Originally posted by Heroism:

which it isn't going to be easy (due to experience)

If Trey looks mediocre, the job is Sam's

fixed

which it isn't going to be easy (due to experience)

And years of horrible play with that experience. He couldn't beat Baker out either we see how camp starts and who's getting what
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Trey Lance competing with Darnold and Brock being named the #1 guy!!!! Just trade Trey Lance already and give him a fresh start, honestly that's best for both parties.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Trey Lance competing with Darnold and Brock being named the #1 guy!!!! Just trade Trey Lance already and give him a fresh start, honestly that's best for both parties.

I think they are jabbing TL publicly to get a rise out of him to get that chip on the shoulder. Frankly I want to see an angry, fired up Lance. Let's see what he's got. They are testing him and frankly if he can't pass the Sam Darnold test, he won't be able to take us where we want him to go.

Remember they were talking about TL needing more of a LR voice, and being a lil hesitant to push the envelope in prax. BP had no such issues.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Nowhere has a QB been named QB1

Share 49ersWebzone