QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
If Trey looks mediocre, the job is Brock's.

It sounds like Trey needs to worry more about beating out Sam Darnold.
which it isn't going to be easy (due to experience)

And years of horrible play with that experience. He couldn't beat Baker out either we see how camp starts and who's getting what

Lol if this was Trey Lance, you'd be bringing up how many different head coaches he's had and what a crap head coach Matt Rhule was. You act like him not beating Baker Mayfield out was anything to write about, what did Baker do when he took over?? Was it even a real competition, regardless, that team was a mess when Rhule was the head coach. Notice how well Darnold played when Wilks took over, that right there says a lot about Rhule!!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Trey Lance competing with Darnold and Brock being named the #1 guy!!!! Just trade Trey Lance already and give him a fresh start, honestly that's best for both parties.

Nowhere has a QB been named QB1

49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said Trey Lance and Sam Darnold will split first-team reps this offseason.

The zoomers might say Lance is "down bad," set to share first-team snaps with Darnold while Brock Prudy recovers from offseason elbow surgery. Purdy could miss the early portion of the regular season, leaving Darnold or Lance as the Niners starting quarterback until Purdy is ready for action. Shanahan and general manager John Lynch have made no secret that Purdy will be the team's QB1 when he's ready. That leaves Lance as a potential trade candidate for a QB-hungry team this offseason.

Keep that denial going buddy.

Btw when Lombardi was talking about wide-open, he means between Lance and Darnold.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Mar 28, 2023 at 9:24 AM ]

And years of horrible play with that experience. He couldn't beat Baker out either we see how camp starts and who's getting what

Lol if this was Trey Lance, you'd be bringing up how many different head coaches he's had and what a crap head coach Matt Rhule was. You act like him not beating Baker Mayfield out was anything to write about, what did Baker do when he took over?? Was it even a real competition, regardless, that team was a mess when Rhule was the head coach. Notice how well Darnold played when Wilks took over, that right there says a lot about Rhule!!!!

yessir 100%, it would be an excuserama if TL was going thru all that; would be no end to the excuses we would be hearing.. I actually heard NY, get this Kolohe, he said Rhule is a great coach and a guy in great demand..

when I throw on the Darnold film, Sam has some Brock Purdy in his game.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:

yessir 100%, it would be an excuserama if TL was going thru all that; would be no end to the excuses we would be hearing.. I actually heard NY, get this Kolohe, he said Rhule is a great coach and a guy in great demand..

when I throw on the Darnold film, Sam has some Brock Purdy in his game.

Trey Lance competing with Darnold and Brock being named the #1 guy!!!! Just trade Trey Lance already and give him a fresh start, honestly that's best for both parties.

Nowhere has a QB been named QB1

49ers head coach Kyle Shanahan said Trey Lance and Sam Darnold will split first-team reps this offseason.

The zoomers might say Lance is "down bad," set to share first-team snaps with Darnold while Brock Prudy recovers from offseason elbow surgery. Purdy could miss the early portion of the regular season, leaving Darnold or Lance as the Niners starting quarterback until Purdy is ready for action. Shanahan and general manager John Lynch have made no secret that Purdy will be the team's QB1 when he's ready. That leaves Lance as a potential trade candidate for a QB-hungry team this offseason.

Btw when Lombardi was talking about wide-open, he means between Lance and Darnold.

Nothing in Kyle's quote implies what is being said in that blurb. Is there a direct quote where Kyle says that "Lance and Darnold will split first team reps"? Does a QB need first team reps to "come in and show them what they have"?

Hahahaha you're using a fantasy football page to tell me what's up? This is actually the tweet that page used then made up their own opinions on

what Lombardi wrote came from Kyle. Not some gather site who makes up their own s**t. Try again. And next time use a legit source
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 28, 2023 at 9:39 AM ]
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Nothing in Kyle's quote implies what is being said in that blurb. Is there a direct quote where Kyle says that "Lance and Darnold will split first team reps"? Does a QB need first team reps to "come in and show them what they have"?

That blurb is from NBC edge a fantasy football site. It's opinion based paragraphs and most certainly shouldn't be used as actual information (outside of where the source came from). We literally have direct quotes from our HC.

We all know crap teams put out crap product. With that horrible play he has nearly the same stats as jimmy.

i doubt that.. with a better team. and better coaching he would create the same results or be worse, especially with a player sought over just a few years ago.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Hahahaha you're using a fantasy football page to tell me what's up? This is actually the tweet that page used then made up their own opinions on

what Lombardi wrote came from Kyle. Not some gather site who makes up their own s**t. Try again. And next time use a legit source

Um look closely that was Lombardi who posted that. smfh

Not sure what you're posting here but it only supports what I've been saying so umm....thanks.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

That blurb is from NBC edge a fantasy football site. It's opinion based paragraphs and most certainly shouldn't be used as actual information (outside of where the source came from). We literally have direct quotes from our HC.

The fact that you guys keep denying the last part of the tweet says it all. "Until Brock Purdy is out".

"I think Brock has earned the right, with the way he played, that he's probably the leader in the clubhouse at that," general manager John Lynch told reporters Monday, via ESPN's Nick Wagoner. "If we were to line up, he'd probably take that first snap."

How does that not say QB1??? If you're first you're......finish the sentence........You are QB______!!!!

how about you do some research? They split reps ALL through camp. Baker beat him out. Sam got hurt after that and didn't play for half the year.

how about you actually watch those games. They won games by running the ball and giving Sam easy play-actions and bootlegs. He is not a rhythm passer. at all. He can not see the field well. He doesn't process quickly. His footwork stinks, hence the crappy competition %.

This is the guy you're willing to develop

but Trey Lance and his 100 passing attempts? No a chance he stinks lol. Make it makes sense

Not sure what you're posting here but it only supports what I've been saying so umm....thanks.

Yeah and I provided the Twitter they referenced. Click on it on NBC edge. No where does it say anything you copy and pasted….I gave you the direct quotes from kyle and Lombardi themselves and yet you think that's made up lol WTF.

We know why you're posting made up s**t. I'll call out bad sourcing in here all day, brother. Be better. For once don't have a narrative.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 28, 2023 at 9:52 AM ]
It's pretty clear they have Purdy as the #1 and it's his job to lose. They seem like they want Lance to firmly grab that #2, but he's going to have to outperform Darnold . This is more of a Lance vs darnold thing than Lance vs Purdy
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Yeah and I provided the Twitter they referenced. Click on it on NBC edge. No where does it say anything you copy and pasted….I gave you the direct quotes from kyle and Lombardi themselves and yet you think that's made up lol WTF.

We know why you're posting made up s**t. I'll call out bad sourcing in here all day, brother. Be better. For once don't have a narrative.

Ok I posted the wrong quote but I reposted the quote I actually read in the first place. Lol so calm down bro, I know internets is serious bidness.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

how about you do some research? They split reps ALL through camp. Baker beat him out. Sam got hurt after that and didn't play for half the year.

how about you actually watch those games. They won games by running the ball and giving Sam easy play-actions and bootlegs. He is not a rhythm passer. at all. He can not see the field well. He doesn't process quickly. His footwork stinks, hence the crappy competition %.

This is the guy you're willing to develop

but Trey Lance and his 100 passing attempts? No a chance he stinks lol. Make it makes sense

Your post in this thred are all defeated by the fact that Shanahan is letting Darnold split first team reps with Lance. I don't have to watch the film, Shanahan did and it's pretty clear he saw enough potential in Darnold for him to come right in and give him an opportunity to start vs Trey Lance. A QB they traded three 1st round picks for shouldn't be having competition like this, says more about how the struggle of Trey Lance than it does about Darnold, "stinks".
Share 49ersWebzone