LISTEN: What Have We Learned About The 49ers? →

There are 211 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Brock is the QB1. If it were equal they would say that. They would say there will be a competition and leave it at that.

There's no reason for John or Kyle to say Brock is QB1 if he's not
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 28, 2023 at 10:43 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
The fact that you guys keep denying the last part of the tweet says it all. "Until Brock Purdy is out".

"I think Brock has earned the right, with the way he played, that he's probably the leader in the clubhouse at that," general manager John Lynch told reporters Monday, via ESPN's Nick Wagoner. "If we were to line up, he'd probably take that first snap."

How does that not say QB1??? If you're first you're......finish the sentence........You are QB______!!!!

Then Kyle said this…

Kyle Shanahan on 49ers QB1 role: "With Brock being hurt, (Trey Lance) has a chance to regain that."

people act like it's Brock or nothing else. Starting out as the front leader for the job doesn't mean you end up with the job.

This is a QB room where we have some pro-bowl QB that's in his prime. There is no Roger or Mahomes here currently. That's why it's not set in stone. Brock's injury makes it even more murky

Trey Lance has a chance to regain that....hmmm what is THAT he's talking about??

All I said was or posted was that Brock Purdy is QB1, then some of you got your panties in a twist asking for this and that. I know nothing is set in stone, but stop your denial it's ridiculous.

If you listened to full interview it's clearly Brock's job.

The point is, this isn't a situation where we have two qbs fighting for just the backup job. Yes Brock at this point is the leader in the locker room there. If one of Sam or Lance is having an amazing camp and takes command of all of it, they can very well be the WK1 starter…Brock's injury makes it even more murky.

this isn't a QB room with a defined starter who's a pro-bowler making a bunch of cash. Where the hierarchy and roles are well laid out.

If Lance is the WK1 starter for whatever reason and plays well…he will continue to be the starter. No different than when Brock became the starter and played well. Also imo the reverse is true. If Brock is the starter and doesn't play well. He's not gonna remain the starter regardless. That's my opinion on it.

Agree but the bar has been set by Purdy.

No one remains a starter when they play bad.
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
It is never any QB and no one else, even Aaron Rodgers. He could get hurt and lose his job.

Purdy can definitely lose the QB1 job to Lance through being injured, less effective or both.

Ahh yeah Matt Flynn would like a word with you 😂

If Mahomes broke his ankle and Kevin hogan came in and played real well…they ain't benching Mahomes.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
The fact that you guys keep denying the last part of the tweet says it all. "Until Brock Purdy is out".

"I think Brock has earned the right, with the way he played, that he's probably the leader in the clubhouse at that," general manager John Lynch told reporters Monday, via ESPN's Nick Wagoner. "If we were to line up, he'd probably take that first snap."

How does that not say QB1??? If you're first you're......finish the sentence........You are QB______!!!!

Then Kyle said this…

Kyle Shanahan on 49ers QB1 role: "With Brock being hurt, (Trey Lance) has a chance to regain that."

people act like it's Brock or nothing else. Starting out as the front leader for the job doesn't mean you end up with the job.

This is a QB room where we have some pro-bowl QB that's in his prime. There is no Roger or Mahomes here currently. That's why it's not set in stone. Brock's injury makes it even more murky

Trey Lance has a chance to regain that....hmmm what is THAT he's talking about??

All I said was or posted was that Brock Purdy is QB1, then some of you got your panties in a twist asking for this and that. I know nothing is set in stone, but stop your denial it's ridiculous.

Saying someone has the edge in a competition doesn't mean he's the QB1. Kyle doesn't even know when Brock can play football again.

quit acting like we got some pro-bowler no doubt QB1 right now…we have two stupid young QBs that are both hurt and a QB that's on his 3rd team in 6 years who's been one of if not the worst starting QB in the league since he stepped into it

Doesn't know if anyone will be alive past Sunday either

Sunday? How about past today.
Does anyone genuinely believe that Lance is going to come in and out play Purdy? lol like Purdy isn't going to be better cause of his experience? Lol
Originally posted by TheWooLick:
Agree but the bar has been set by Purdy.

No one remains a starter when they play bad.

Agreed. Brock has to sustain that bar all the same. If he doesn't then he shouldn't be out there either.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Then Kyle said this…

Saying someone has the edge in a competition doesn't mean he's the QB1. Kyle doesn't even know when Brock can play football again.

quit acting like we got some pro-bowler no doubt QB1 right now…we have two stupid young QBs that are both hurt and a QB that's on his 3rd team in 6 years who's been one of if not the worst starting QB in the league since he stepped into it

The Zen of KS

we take it one day at a time around here folks
Originally posted by tankle104:
Does anyone genuinely believe that Lance is going to come in and out play Purdy? lol like Purdy isn't going to be better cause of his experience? Lol

I mean who knows. You act like Brock doesn't have stuff to work on and what he was last yr is at bare minimum what he will be this yr…we all thought that about Jimmy over a similar timeline on a worse team. Turns out he wasn't as great as we all thought he would turn out to be.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

Then Kyle said this…

Get that logic and reasonable talk out of here. It doesn't jibe with the player over team mentality of this thread and the Lance thread.

It actually blows me away that 100% of the people here dont agree with what NY just posted.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by mayo49:

Then Kyle said this…

The Zen of KS

we take it one day at a time around here folks

I mean who knows. You act like Brock doesn't have stuff to work on and what he was last yr is at bare minimum what he will be this yr…we all thought that about Jimmy over a similar timeline on a worse team. Turns out he wasn't as great as we all thought he would turn out to be.

Lol Purdy played much better than jimmy did. Not only stats (or at least as well) but also hit plays that Jimmy never could. Purdy was just a rookie and history tells us that a players biggest improvement comes year 1-2. Couple they with not only be exceptional regular season play, but his historical play in the playoffs for a rookie. It's very probable he improves.

i think Lance will be better than he has, no reason why he won't, but I can't imagine he will get to where Purdy is. Putting aside how I feel about Lance, I still can't see that gap gets filled. Especially since Purdy will be in training camp getting better too.
[ Edited by tankle104 on Mar 28, 2023 at 11:16 AM ]
Originally posted by krizay:

Then Kyle said this…

If you listened to full interview it's clearly Brock's job.

And if you actually took the time to read through this thread, you would see that no one is claiming otherwise. Brock is QB1 unless other things prevent that from happening (injury taking too long, Trey playing exceptional and too well to be benched, etc.)
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:
Brock is the QB1. If it were equal they would say that. They would say there will be a competition and leave it at that.

Dude....who is claiming Brock isnt the QB1? Why are you and others continuing to say this as if you are arguing with someone?

Lol Purdy played much better than jimmy did. Not only stats (or at least as well) but also hit plays that Jimmy never could. Purdy was just a rookie and history tells us that a players biggest improvement comes year 1-2. Couple they with not only be exceptional regular season play, but his historical play in the playoffs for a rookie. It's very probable he improves.

i think Lance will be better than he has, no reason why he won't, but I can't imagine he will get to where Purdy is. Putting aside how I feel about Lance, I still can't see that gap gets filled. Especially since Purdy will be in training camp getting better too.

In how many of those cases did the player spend the entire offseason rehabbing?
Originally posted by SteveWallacesHelmet:
Originally posted by CharlieSheen:

Dude....who is claiming Brock isnt the QB1? Why are you and others continuing to say this as if you are arguing with someone?

Are you not reading this thread? I've literally been quoted by someone saying that it's debunked that Brock is QB1 lmao
[ Edited by CharlieSheen on Mar 28, 2023 at 11:28 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone