Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 201 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
lol. no.

if Purdy continues to win all the way thru the SB, he's the starter.

A problem I don't think anyone should have a problem with if it happens

oh Random will fill 1000s of pages arguing ridiculousness guaranteed.

Why are we discussing me instead of the team?
I know you're having a tough time right now but he's handsome and he'll find a team that likes him.
Originally posted by random49er:
I disagree. Things would depend on how he plays, for 1.

And for 2, why would you assume we're winning the SB based on his 1st start?

who assumed? i said if.

You said "No" to the post and mentioned IF he wins the SB,...but SB was not discussed.

And the way you play matters,...not simply SB or not. You should've learned that from the last guy that started.

i said lol no to your "what's more likely is Trey is named the starter" claim?

why are you assuming we dont win the Super Bowl? (see i can do it too!)
He makes plays down the field and makes throws while getting smacked. Jimmy wouldn't have even attempted that CMC TD pass
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Trey is younger than Brock. Safe to say we are set at QB moving forward. Let the cards fall where they may.

+1
Originally posted by Bobdawg78:
It would be crazy if Purdy is the real deal, and balls out the rest of this year. Jimmy is gone no matter what, so it will be Lance against Purdy for the starter next year, and may the best man win.

I dont see an open competition with a #3 overall pick and the last pick in the draft.

I think they're itching for answers regarding what Trey can do. They aren't going to let his contract expire without finding out whether he's got it or not.

What's alot more likely is Trey comes in as the starter with the understanding that Purdy's on his heels should he not perform well next season.

Best case scenario is both guys are the goods.

Next-to-worse case scenario is Trey doesn't pan out, but you later insert Purdy and he's locked in either way for 3+ seasons.

lol. no.

And for 2, why would you assume we're winning the SB based solely on his 1st start?

The original post explicitly said, "if Purdy is the real deal, and balls out the rest of this year," acknowledging that it does depend on how he plays. You responded to that, saying you "dont see an open competition" based on draft position. You later said it "would depend on how he plays." So which one is it?
  • fip24
  • Veteran
If he plays like he did today for the rest of the year, and the Niners make a deep playoff run, let's say NFC championship game or better, than I think he'd receive serious consideration to start next year.
I also have to wonder if things play out that way if the Niners would look to recoup a first round pick for Lance.
Again, lots of "if's" and "maybes" in the scenario but it would be interesting to see how things would play out
Originally posted by Wubbie:
What I love is that he made the throws that Jimmy just seems to miss. I think this game showed what he's capable of, but the interesting test is to see how he does over 4 more games, and then see how he performs in playoff situations.

Yea, the big deal about this game was the touchdowns. How did we score so many? Our usual game this is one TD with 4 field goals we win a nailbiter 19-7.

When I look at the TD throws, they are soft, catchable, but on schedule. I haven't figured it out. Still wondering if we are looking at Mullens 2.0.

Purdy is VERY comfortable going to checkdowns. That's a good thing. He scans the field and if nothing is there he still gets a positive play, where I get the feeling jimmy would still be trying to reach for something ambitious.

One thing is, he has (basically) 2 pics in two games. Jimmy tries harder to avoid the pick. Purdy needs that mentality for us to be successful.

He's taken some shots while delivering winners. That's impressive. Our offense was on schedule AND scored touchdowns. That hasn't happened ever. Not sure if it's a mirage or not. But I'm enjoying it.
Originally posted by 49ers808:
lol. no.

A problem I don't think anyone should have a problem with if it happens

oh Random will fill 1000s of pages arguing ridiculousness guaranteed.

Why are we discussing me instead of the team?
I know you're having a tough time right now but he's handsome and he'll find a team that likes him.

i'm not having a tough time at all. im a Niner fan. you assume because i comment on dumb Jimmy takes that he's all i want to be QB. that's not true at all. waterbear assumed the same b******t. if you read my comments unbiasedly, you'd know i was a big Trey guy before he got knocked out of the season. i also like Purdy.

imagine thinking someone couldn't like all our QBs. you have NinerTalk PTSD.

And for 2, why would you assume we're winning the SB based on his 1st start?

who assumed? i said if.

You said "No" to the post and mentioned IF he wins the SB,...but SB was not discussed.

And the way you play matters,...not simply SB or not. You should've learned that from the last guy that started.

i said lol no to your "what's more likely is Trey is named the starter" claim?

why are you assuming we dont win the Super Bowl? (see i can do it too!)

You brought in an "IF" for a SB that wasnt even discussed as your reasoning. Sorry but that's a FAIL.

As things stand now, if Trey's healthy, he starts out next year as the top guy. If you disagree based on one game, then go ahead. I'm used to seeing overreactions to 1 game here.

If Purdy plays like Joe Montana there's always room for things to change. I didn't know the Lombardi was already being sent to Cali just yet tho.

Alot will play out. Why you mad?
[ Edited by random49er on Dec 11, 2022 at 5:10 PM ]
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
He makes plays down the field and makes throws while getting smacked. Jimmy wouldn't have even attempted that CMC TD pass

I've dreamed Kyle would turn to a passing game. It's been incredible. This never happened with Jimmy. Hate to nitpick but fact.

Originally posted by fip24:
If he plays like he did today for the rest of the year, and the Niners make a deep playoff run, let's say NFC championship game or better, than I think he'd receive serious consideration to start next year.
I also have to wonder if things play out that way if the Niners would look to recoup a first round pick for Lance.
Again, lots of "if's" and "maybes" in the scenario but it would be interesting to see how things would play out

Oh yea. If purdy is for real (won't find out for a few more games) it changes a lot. A 2nd for trey would be fine. Draft a right tackle or edge -- like we should have the last 2 years.
[ Edited by brodiebluebanaszak on Dec 11, 2022 at 5:12 PM ]
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
That throw and ball placement was ELITE. Off his back foot mind you.
You brought in an "IF" for a SB that wasnt even discussed as your reasoning. Sorry but that's a FAIL.

As things stand now, if Trey's healthy, he starts out next year as the top guy.

If Purdy plays like Joe Montana there's always room for things to change. I didn't know the Lombardi was already being sent to Cali just yet tho.

Alot will play out. Why you mad?

you really are one of thee worst posters on this forum.
We can clinch on Thursday. Awesome. So close.
Share 49ersWebzone