Save 30% at the 49ers official online store →

There are 138 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
The original post explicitly said, "if Purdy is the real deal, and balls out the rest of this year," acknowledging that it does depend on how he plays. You responded to that, saying you "dont see an open competition" based on draft position. You later said it "would depend on how he plays." So which one is it?

I see it as the original reply.
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
lol. no.

if Purdy continues to win all the way thru the SB, he's the starter.

A problem I don't think anyone should have a problem with if it happens

oh Random will fill 1000s of pages arguing ridiculousness guaranteed.

Why are we discussing me instead of the team?
I know you're having a tough time right now but he's handsome and he'll find a team that likes him.

imagine thinking someone couldn't like all our QBs. you have NinerTalk PTSD.

It's amazing how childish these grown men are.
You brought in an "IF" for a SB that wasnt even discussed as your reasoning. Sorry but that's a FAIL.

As things stand now, if Trey's healthy, he starts out next year as the top guy.

If Purdy plays like Joe Montana there's always room for things to change. I didn't know the Lombardi was already being sent to Cali just yet tho.

Alot will play out. Why you mad?

you really are one of thee worst posters on this forum.

He'll find a team man. It's cool.
Originally posted by fip24:
If he plays like he did today for the rest of the year, and the Niners make a deep playoff run, let's say NFC championship game or better, than I think he'd receive serious consideration to start next year.
I also have to wonder if things play out that way if the Niners would look to recoup a first round pick for Lance.
Again, lots of "if's" and "maybes" in the scenario but it would be interesting to see how things would play out

They'd keep Lance.

Having two young QBs on cheap contacts is a nice thing to have.
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
He makes plays down the field and makes throws while getting smacked. Jimmy wouldn't have even attempted that CMC TD pass

I've dreamed Kyle would turn to a passing game. It's been incredible. This never happened with Jimmy. Hate to nitpick but fact.

Kyle's gone straight YOLO. And why not? He's on his 3rd damn QB. What's he got to lose? And honestly, I'm loving that his HC balls are dropping.
Glock Purdy
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
lol. no.

if Purdy continues to win all the way thru the SB, he's the starter.

A problem I don't think anyone should have a problem with if it happens

oh Random will fill 1000s of pages arguing ridiculousness guaranteed.

Why are we discussing me instead of the team?
I know you're having a tough time right now but he's handsome and he'll find a team that likes him.

imagine thinking someone couldn't like all our QBs. you have NinerTalk PTSD.

It's amazing how childish these grown men are.

NinerTalk is called The Romper Room for a reason
Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Awesome What a feel good game.

Originally posted by linkboy:
They'd keep Lance.

Having two young QBs on cheap contacts is a nice thing to have.

Yes. If they think he's the guy,...with his athleticism,...it's year 3 tho and there's some questions that need to be answered.

Shanny pointing out all the mistakes he made. master of psychology.
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
The original post explicitly said, "if Purdy is the real deal, and balls out the rest of this year," acknowledging that it does depend on how he plays. You responded to that, saying you "dont see an open competition" based on draft position. You later said it "would depend on how he plays." So which one is it?

I see it as the original reply.

Eh I'm not sure what that means but am too stoked at the moment to get into anything. Cheers to a potentially bright future.

Start warming up Josh Johnson. #NextManUp
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Trey is younger than Brock. Safe to say we are set at QB moving forward. Let the cards fall where they may.

This is the right attitude to have.
Based on the limited sample size, Purdy's floor and current ability works with the championship contention window we have open right now. Will he show a ceiling and show warts? I hope not, but I assume he will. There's a reason why he was drafted last in the draft. But we beat a team that featured Tom Brady and a Top 10 defense with Purdy balling out at QB. Executing the offense, making some off-schedule plays, and making the most of opportunities... that's exactly what we need from our QB when we have a roster this loaded.
Share 49ersWebzone