QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Steve Young 2.0
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Bloodless:

the league will get the memo soon.

DONT ZERO BLITZ BROCK PURDY.

it's an elite trait.

its crazy cause thats how you shake them rookies.
Originally posted by Goatie:
Kyle and Lynch might be more minded to keep Jimmy G as a back up to Purdy rather than Lance as JG and Purdy have a similar game. Lance's game is much different to Purdy's and hence he won't be the best back up QB as too much adjustment of plays would be required. JG and Purdy complement each other and are easily interchangeable

Jimmy will not resign to be Brock Purdys backup. Cmon.
[ Edited by 9ers4eva on Dec 11, 2022 at 5:46 PM ]
So what is the injury status.
For all you supposed fans saying stupid stuff about arm strength and not stepping into throws. You are truly special. Like short bus window licker special.
Originally posted by Sanfran_chrisco:
So what's he going to be like in a shootout or when we are playing from behind?

Gunslinger with Russell Wilson off schedules
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Franchise408:
As someone who was at the game today, I was wholly impressed with what Brock Purdy showed. If I had to find any fault, that deep ball for a TD had a bit too much hangtime on it, but I wouldn't critique Jimmy for a throw like that since it scored, and I think that's a huge nitpick to point that out.

All in all, Brock played a great game, and if what we've seen today (and last week) are of any indication of what's to come, this team will be in good shape for this year's run. I like what I'm seeing from Brock.

Not sure he stepped into it fully with the guy in his face. Bears watching long term how the deep balls look when he steps in.

He got hit on both of the TD passes so they were a bit under thrown as expected but he still delivered. Putting it on CMC's back shoulder instead of trying to chuck it to the back corner was great split second decision making.

I think having a weaker arm has actually made him a better QB because he's had to rely on processing faster and throwing open (with anticipation) far more.

Yeah as opposed to the rocket arm guys who would rely on firing it into triple coverage which doesn't work at the nfl level. Like Jeff George. QBs have to read defenses and place the ball correctly.

This kid has some nice spirals too. No wobbles.

Yes sir! LOL at the wobbles.

That is something we might not find out about until the play-offs. I can see us winning the rest of our regular season games, though Washington might be a handful.
Originally posted by 9moon:
You're saying it's easier to take over a sorry team and win games while playing well than leading a team that can already contend?

I'd say in some ways it is easier to come in and look good on a bad team because there are no expectations and pressure. You can just go play backyard ball and loose.

Purdy has to carry the weight of everything right in the middle of a super bowl run with an extremely talented roster. So coming in as a rookie and knowing that if you suck, the teams super bowl chances go away - not everyone can handle that pressure. Especially at his age and experience

These next few games against Seattle in Seattle, Commies at home, and Raiders in Vegas will be great experience for BCB.

Each team will add their own wrinkles on their defenses to try and rattle BCB. This will make him battle tested for playoffs.

Damn right I said it. Playoffs.
Also Jimmy is gone so get over it.....purdy and Lance are the future. $$$ freed up and explosive offense is here.
Don't like it go follow Jimmy wherever he signs.
Kyle and Lynch might be more minded to keep Jimmy G as a back up to Purdy rather than Lance as JG and Purdy have a similar game. Lance's game is much different to Purdy's and hence he won't be the best back up QB as too much adjustment of plays would be required. JG and Purdy complement each other and are easily interchangeable

the team has a lot of other players to re-sign too. having Purdy and Lance's contracts leaves our championship window open longer.

It worked for him this season and Purdy is much better than Lance

That is something we might not find out about until the play-offs. I can see us winning the rest of our regular season games, though Washington might be a handful.

Can't be worse than the previous starter.
Share 49ersWebzone