There are 185 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
He makes plays down the field and makes throws while getting smacked. Jimmy wouldn't have even attempted that CMC TD pass

I've dreamed Kyle would turn to a passing game. It's been incredible. This never happened with Jimmy. Hate to nitpick but fact.

Kyle's gone straight YOLO. And why not? He's on his 3rd damn QB. What's he got to lose? And honestly, I'm loving that his HC balls are dropping.

And they will probably shrivel back up with a serious Deebo injury.
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Kyle and Lynch might be more minded to keep Jimmy G as a back up to Purdy rather than Lance as JG and Purdy have a similar game. Lance's game is much different to Purdy's and hence he won't be the best back up QB as too much adjustment of plays would be required. JG and Purdy complement each other and are easily interchangeable

Jimmy will not resign to be Brock Purdys backup. Cmon.

Jimmy will have opportunities to be the starting QB for another team somewhere, though not with much guaranteed money due to his injury history.
It makes more sense to (1) see how far we can go with Purdy this season, and (2) let the chips fall between him and Trey. The two are signed to their rookie contracts, so we can afford to extend some of our guys like Bosa and Aiyuk.
Kyle and Lynch might be more minded to keep Jimmy G as a back up to Purdy rather than Lance as JG and Purdy have a similar game. Lance's game is much different to Purdy's and hence he won't be the best back up QB as too much adjustment of plays would be required. JG and Purdy complement each other and are easily interchangeable

It worked for him this season and Purdy is much better than Lance
Looks more polished for sure.
People are actually sitting here watching these last 2 weeks against real good defenses and still saying stupid shat? I love this team and will can't believe the losers have such a voice.
Also Jimmy is gone so get over it.....purdy and Lance are the future. $$$ freed up and explosive offense is here.
Don't like it go follow Jimmy wherever he signs.
Originally posted by Gorewhore21:
Also Jimmy is gone so get over it.....purdy and Lance are the future. $$$ freed up and explosive offense is here.

random poster screams at cloud

Exactly boast. Ridiculous
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Purdy!
[ Edited by Crown on Dec 11, 2022 at 5:56 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Franchise408:
As someone who was at the game today, I was wholly impressed with what Brock Purdy showed. If I had to find any fault, that deep ball for a TD had a bit too much hangtime on it, but I wouldn't critique Jimmy for a throw like that since it scored, and I think that's a huge nitpick to point that out.

All in all, Brock played a great game, and if what we've seen today (and last week) are of any indication of what's to come, this team will be in good shape for this year's run. I like what I'm seeing from Brock.

Not sure he stepped into it fully with the guy in his face. Bears watching long term how the deep balls look when he steps in.

He got hit on both of the TD passes so they were a bit under thrown as expected but he still delivered. Putting it on CMC's back shoulder instead of trying to chuck it to the back corner was great split second decision making.

I think having a weaker arm has actually made him a better QB because he's had to rely on processing faster and throwing open (with anticipation) far more.

Is that like the ugly duckling syndrome.?

Originally posted by boast:

random poster screams at cloud

Jimmy and lance should be gone and Purdy should take over the team
Originally posted by 9erson3:
He makes plays down the field and makes throws while getting smacked. Jimmy wouldn't have even attempted that CMC TD pass

I've dreamed Kyle would turn to a passing game. It's been incredible. This never happened with Jimmy. Hate to nitpick but fact.

Kyle's gone straight YOLO. And why not? He's on his 3rd damn QB. What's he got to lose? And honestly, I'm loving that his HC balls are dropping.

And they will probably shrivel back up with a serious Deebo injury.

Man. I hope not. Although the downside is Brock is getting beat up pretty good. Like Jimmy, taking big shots standing in there.
[ Edited by NCommand on Dec 11, 2022 at 5:57 PM ]

Because he was under contract and had no choice in the matter.

Gonna be at least 3 teams offering him a starting job if not more. He wants to start.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Looks more polished for sure.

2-0 with Purdy!
Man. I hope not. Although the downside is Brock is getting beat up pretty good. Like Jimmy, taking big shots standing in there.

That first offensive snap had me very nervous, but I think he'll learn more and more how to play behind this offensive line and how to avoid NFL defenders using his mobility. In other words, I hope the beatings decline over time.
Share 49ersWebzone