There are 107 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
He makes plays down the field and makes throws while getting smacked. Jimmy wouldn't have even attempted that CMC TD pass

I've dreamed Kyle would turn to a passing game. It's been incredible. This never happened with Jimmy. Hate to nitpick but fact.

Kyle's gone straight YOLO. And why not? He's on his 3rd damn QB. What's he got to lose? And honestly, I'm loving that his HC balls are dropping.

And they will probably shrivel back up with a serious Deebo injury.

Man. I hope not. Although the downside is Brock is getting beat up pretty good. Like Jimmy, taking big shots standing in there.

I thought Aiyuk can't win on go routes?
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
He makes plays down the field and makes throws while getting smacked. Jimmy wouldn't have even attempted that CMC TD pass

I've dreamed Kyle would turn to a passing game. It's been incredible. This never happened with Jimmy. Hate to nitpick but fact.

Kyle's gone straight YOLO. And why not? He's on his 3rd damn QB. What's he got to lose? And honestly, I'm loving that his HC balls are dropping.

Man. I hope not. Although the downside is Brock is getting beat up pretty good. Like Jimmy, taking big shots standing in there.

Herbert is getting wrecked tonight.
Allen get hit many times this morning.

I mean what quarterback is not getting smashed these days?
mahommes maybe?
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Gorewhore21:
Also Jimmy is gone so get over it.....purdy and Lance are the future. $$$ freed up and explosive offense is here.
Don't like it go follow Jimmy wherever he signs.

random poster screams at cloud

Jimmy and lance should be gone and Purdy should take over the team

Keeping Lance is fine. He's still on his rookie deal and his potential alone is worth seeing if we can develop him. If Purdy proves himself to be a legitimate QB1 option, we now don't have pressure to go get a veteran QB in the offseason. We can just roll with those two the next few years and see how things unfold.
"Just manage the game, don't make any mistakes" they said.

Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by boast:
Also Jimmy is gone so get over it.....purdy and Lance are the future. $$$ freed up and explosive offense is here.

random poster screams at cloud

Keeping Lance is fine. He's still on his rookie deal and his potential alone is worth seeing if we can develop him. If Purdy proves himself to be a legitimate QB1 option, we now don't have pressure to go get a veteran QB in the offseason. We can just roll with those two the next few years and see how things unfold.

WHAT? WE AINT GOING TO HIRE TOM BRADY? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO lol
Maybe defenses will back off on the blitzing and we won't see as many free rushers because it doesn't seem to be working for them.
Originally posted by random49er:

Ah, yes, Fireman Ed. Dude is a MEGA a*****e.
Originally posted by Waterbear:

Originally posted by YACBros85:
Maybe defenses will back off on the blitzing and we won't see as many free rushers because it doesn't seem to be working for them.

What hitting deep balls will do to a defense.
Originally posted by YACBros85:

It feels like the Dolphins and Buccaneers tried to send heavy pressure at him. Were there plays where they just rushed four and dropped everyone else into coverage? My recollection is a little fuzzy, so I'm curious to see how he fared.

All I remember is him making the defenses pay when they sent the house at him.

Why this desire to get rid of Lance? You keep promising young QBs as long as you can. If any fanbase should know that any QB is one hit away from not playing it's this one
He looked amazing, all there is to it. so calm out there. Don't know how anyone couldnt be impressed with what he has shown in only two games as a rookie.
Best case for the Niners is having both Trey and Brock,, Two very young and cheap QB's and let them battle it out. Kyle is not trading Trey unless some team offers a 1st RD pick+. And that is not happening because Trey hasn't been playing.
Originally posted by random49er:

To be fair it was a stutter and go. Or whatever you call it. But I've always believed we have WRs who can win deep. It's not their best attribute but I never bought the idea we can't do it with our weapons. Jimmy doesn't have the timing and footwork other than that nice pass to Aiyuk vs Atlanta and a couple other plays throughout his career.

Purdy doesn't have a strong arm, I think Jimmy's is technically stronger, but it looks like Purdy is more willing to use his feet to set up deep throws.

None of our guys are consistently good deep threats. Like, at all.

I couldn't see the end of that route but dude was open by like 10 yards and had to wait for it. I can't wait to see the EZ view of it.
Share 49ersWebzone