There are 82 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm curious what the game film shows on the Interception that got called back for holding.
Brock's rookie season> Treys
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Jimmy and lance should be gone and Purdy should take over the team

Why this desire to get rid of Lance? You keep promising young QBs as long as you can. If any fanbase should know that any QB is one hit away from not playing it's this one

Jimmy's and Brock's games are similar and hence if one is out the other steps in and takes over in a more seamless way. Lance had to have completely different plays to suit his style.

Lynch and Kyle will do what is best for the team and if they think that a seamless interchange is better for the team for the season then JG wont be going anywhere and Lance will be traded.
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
He makes plays down the field and makes throws while getting smacked. Jimmy wouldn't have even attempted that CMC TD pass

I've dreamed Kyle would turn to a passing game. It's been incredible. This never happened with Jimmy. Hate to nitpick but fact.

Kyle's gone straight YOLO. And why not? He's on his 3rd damn QB. What's he got to lose? And honestly, I'm loving that his HC balls are dropping.

And they will probably shrivel back up with a serious Deebo injury.

Man. I hope not. Although the downside is Brock is getting beat up pretty good. Like Jimmy, taking big shots standing in there.

Herbert is getting wrecked tonight.
Allen get hit many times this morning.

I mean what quarterback is not getting smashed these days?
mahommes maybe?

Yeah but Kyle likes to draw up plays with unblocked rushers that take too long to develop. He's gotta start calling plays like his QB is made of glass
Originally posted by Goatie:

Why this desire to get rid of Lance? You keep promising young QBs as long as you can. If any fanbase should know that any QB is one hit away from not playing it's this one

Jimmy's and Brock's games are similar and hence if one is out the other steps in and takes over in a more seamless way. Lance had to have completely different plays to suit his style.

Lynch and Kyle will do what is best for the team and if they think that a seamless interchange is better for the team for the season then JG wont be going anywhere and Lance will be traded.

Jimmy wont' come back. He'd be the backup to Purdy, when he could be the starter somewhere like NY.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
He makes plays down the field and makes throws while getting smacked. Jimmy wouldn't have even attempted that CMC TD pass

I've dreamed Kyle would turn to a passing game. It's been incredible. This never happened with Jimmy. Hate to nitpick but fact.

Kyle's gone straight YOLO. And why not? He's on his 3rd damn QB. What's he got to lose? And honestly, I'm loving that his HC balls are dropping.

Man. I hope not. Although the downside is Brock is getting beat up pretty good. Like Jimmy, taking big shots standing in there.

I thought Aiyuk can't win on go routes?

More NC Ls ?

gotta collect them all
Originally posted by Waterbear:

I thought Aiyuk can't win on go routes?

None of our guys are consistently good deep threats. Like, at all.

I couldn't see the end of that route but dude was open by like 10 yards and had to wait for it. I can't wait to see the EZ view of it.

Our receivers are okay in the intermediate/deep end. Obviously, they're not Tyreek Hill, but there have been shot plays where they get two steps on the defender and Jimmy's a beat late and also underthrows it.

your assumption that Jimmy would be a backup is funny. also youre completely ignoring the money aspect.
  • thl408
His mobility and willingness to target routes up the sideline is a welcome addition to the offense.
Purdy throws touchdowns and wins games.

Originally posted by boast:

your assumption that Jimmy would be a backup is funny. also youre completely ignoring the money aspect.

Jimmy will be a jet next season. Book it.
Originally posted by boast:

Jimmy did alright this year with $$$. He might want to be on a Super Bowl caliber roster rather than a so so team. He and the organization also love each other. Did you ever consider those aspects?
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Brock's rookie season> Treys

No doubt
Originally posted by thl408:
His mobility and willingness to target routes up the sideline is a welcome addition to the offense.

Target and LAND them!

At the end of the day though, it's still the same offense, where some plays are more catered to Trey's abilities as a runner and bigger arm. We should roll with those two, and then see if we can find a QB3 like Sudfield in free agency.

Ultimately though, this was a very odd year that we even had to go to our QB3.
Share 49ersWebzone