There are 105 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by thl408:
His mobility and willingness to target routes up the sideline is a welcome addition to the offense.

Exactly this.
Originally posted by RiceOwensStokes:
Brock's rookie season> Treys

Understatement. Purdy as a rookie looks way better than year 2 Trey.
Originally posted by Costanza:

Yeah he does. No question about it. It's not even close.
92.8 QBR
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by thl408:
His mobility and willingness to target routes up the sideline is a welcome addition to the offense.

Exactly this.

He is already the best QB in the Shanahan era.

This team remains the most interesting team in all of sport.

I say expect the unexpected all season. My expectation was a FG fest. I did not expect Purdy to torch them.

And he's potentially injured.

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I say expect the unexpected all season. My expectation was a FG fest. I did not expect Purdy to torch them.

What do you mean injured?

Well yea… his rookie season looks better than most rookie QBs. He played better today than Jimmy has in any start in his career. It really highlights how much this offense has been held back by QB play during Kyle's tenure here… until now.
[ Edited by 49ersRing on Dec 11, 2022 at 6:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Jimmy and lance should be gone and Purdy should take over the team

Why this desire to get rid of Lance? You keep promising young QBs as long as you can. If any fanbase should know that any QB is one hit away from not playing it's this one

Jimmy's and Brock's games are similar and hence if one is out the other steps in and takes over in a more seamless way. Lance had to have completely different plays to suit his style.

Lynch and Kyle will do what is best for the team and if they think that a seamless interchange is better for the team for the season then JG wont be going anywhere and Lance will be traded.

your assumption that Jimmy would be a backup is funny. also youre completely ignoring the money aspect.

Jimmy did alright this year with $$$. He might want to be on a Super Bowl caliber roster rather than a so so team. He and the organization also love each other. Did you ever consider those aspects?

lol at love each other. the NFL is a business. there's no place for emotion.
  • q0c0p
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Costanza:

Yup. We might've found our guy. It was purdy all along
Originally posted by Crown:

Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

He hurt his oblique. Shanahan said it could impact his availability for Thursday.
Originally posted by NCommand:
None of our guys are consistently good deep threats. Like, at all.

I couldn't see the end of that route but dude was open by like 10 yards and had to wait for it. I can't wait to see the EZ view of it.

Yet they got deep twice today. Don't need Tyreek Hill. Just need to take some shots.

Wasn't Kyles balls that were at issue.
Originally posted by boast:

Why this desire to get rid of Lance? You keep promising young QBs as long as you can. If any fanbase should know that any QB is one hit away from not playing it's this one

Jimmy's and Brock's games are similar and hence if one is out the other steps in and takes over in a more seamless way. Lance had to have completely different plays to suit his style.

Lynch and Kyle will do what is best for the team and if they think that a seamless interchange is better for the team for the season then JG wont be going anywhere and Lance will be traded.

your assumption that Jimmy would be a backup is funny. also youre completely ignoring the money aspect.

Jimmy did alright this year with $$$. He might want to be on a Super Bowl caliber roster rather than a so so team. He and the organization also love each other. Did you ever consider those aspects?

I didn't delve too deeply into the numbers, but as I understand it, he made $6.5M in guaranteed money plus about $3M or so in incentives for playing time and win bonuses. He restructured his contract with us after a really wacky offseason.

The thing is though, Jimmy's already won Super Bowl rings with the Patriots (as a backup). I don't know what his wants/desires are, but my assumption is that his priority is to start somewhere, get a contract with as much guaranteed money as he can (considering his injury history), and preferably be on a team that just needs a QB to contend. Sure, it's entirely possible he ends up with the 49ers again next year, but as a free agent, he can weigh his options and I have a feeling he'll have better options.
Originally posted by Wubbie:

At the end of the day though, it's still the same offense, where some plays are more catered to Trey's abilities as a runner and bigger arm. We should roll with those two, and then see if we can find a QB3 like Sudfield in free agency.

Ultimately though, this was a very odd year that we even had to go to our QB3.

when its time to move on from a qb. kyle breaks their feet.
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by 9ers4eva:
Kyle and Lynch might be more minded to keep Jimmy G as a back up to Purdy rather than Lance as JG and Purdy have a similar game. Lance's game is much different to Purdy's and hence he won't be the best back up QB as too much adjustment of plays would be required. JG and Purdy complement each other and are easily interchangeable

Jimmy will not resign to be Brock Purdys backup. Cmon.

Jimmy will have opportunities to be the starting QB for another team somewhere, though not with much guaranteed money due to his injury history.
It makes more sense to (1) see how far we can go with Purdy this season, and (2) let the chips fall between him and Trey. The two are signed to their rookie contracts, so we can afford to extend some of our guys like Bosa and Aiyuk.

Yup. Nice to have QBs on their rookie contract. As for Purdy, young man has some ice in his veins. I love his composure and even though this is is his first year in this league and Shanys offense, you can see his been playing QB all his life. He was able to execute this offense close to perfection and found the open receivers as if he's been here for a couple of years vs Todd Bowles defense? Wow, not bad rookie, not bad at all.
Share 49ersWebzone