There are 113 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Costanza:
Understatement. Purdy as a rookie looks way better than year 2 Trey.
Terrible take.

We never saw Trey play much in a game this season that wasn't a monsoon.
[ Edited by BleedsRedNGold on Dec 11, 2022 at 6:29 PM ]
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Wubbie:
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Jimmy and lance should be gone and Purdy should take over the team

Why this desire to get rid of Lance? You keep promising young QBs as long as you can. If any fanbase should know that any QB is one hit away from not playing it's this one

Jimmy's and Brock's games are similar and hence if one is out the other steps in and takes over in a more seamless way. Lance had to have completely different plays to suit his style.

Lynch and Kyle will do what is best for the team and if they think that a seamless interchange is better for the team for the season then JG wont be going anywhere and Lance will be traded.

At the end of the day though, it's still the same offense, where some plays are more catered to Trey's abilities as a runner and bigger arm. We should roll with those two, and then see if we can find a QB3 like Sudfield in free agency.

Ultimately though, this was a very odd year that we even had to go to our QB3.

when its time to move on from a qb. kyle breaks their feet.

lol
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Jimmy and lance should be gone and Purdy should take over the team

Why this desire to get rid of Lance? You keep promising young QBs as long as you can. If any fanbase should know that any QB is one hit away from not playing it's this one

Jimmy's and Brock's games are similar and hence if one is out the other steps in and takes over in a more seamless way. Lance had to have completely different plays to suit his style.

Lynch and Kyle will do what is best for the team and if they think that a seamless interchange is better for the team for the season then JG wont be going anywhere and Lance will be traded.

your assumption that Jimmy would be a backup is funny. also youre completely ignoring the money aspect.

Jimmy did alright this year with $$$. He might want to be on a Super Bowl caliber roster rather than a so so team. He and the organization also love each other. Did you ever consider those aspects?

lol at love each other. the NFL is a business. there's no place for emotion.

If I had made $120 million in 5 years I really wouldn't be worried too much about money. I would think I would be set for life and would think more cerebrally
Say he wins out as the starter and continues to play like this - does he have a chance of winning rookie of the year?

Imagine trading 3 1st RD picks to draft a QB and then trade him for 2nd or 3rd after starting in only 4 games. Yeah that is not happening. Plus I think Brock and Trey are more comparable in styles than Brock and Jimmy.
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by ninersrule4:
He makes plays down the field and makes throws while getting smacked. Jimmy wouldn't have even attempted that CMC TD pass

I've dreamed Kyle would turn to a passing game. It's been incredible. This never happened with Jimmy. Hate to nitpick but fact.

Kyle's gone straight YOLO. And why not? He's on his 3rd damn QB. What's he got to lose? And honestly, I'm loving that his HC balls are dropping.

And they will probably shrivel back up with a serious Deebo injury.

Man. I hope not. Although the downside is Brock is getting beat up pretty good. Like Jimmy, taking big shots standing in there.

Herbert is getting wrecked tonight.
Allen get hit many times this morning.

I mean what quarterback is not getting smashed these days?
mahommes maybe?

Yeah but Kyle likes to draw up plays with unblocked rushers that take too long to develop. He's gotta start calling plays like his QB is made of glass

That is called a pro style offense, and you can see it week in and week out on just about every NFL team.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Terrible take.

No it's an accurate take. Both have limited starts, but Brock looks much better and is definitely more poised in his games. It probably has a lot to do with him having more game time experience in college, but he definitely has a better command of the game.
Wonder how many # 13 shirts were sold today.
Originally posted by JTB1974:

Imagine trading 3 1st RD picks to draft a QB and then trade him for 2nd or 3rd after starting in only 4 games. Yeah that is not happening. Plus I think Brock and Trey are more comparable in styles than Brock and Jimmy.

Trey's release is slower than both Brock and Jimmy. Trey has accuracy problems with his long shots. Purdy seemed accurate with his 35 yard TD Throw. JG accuracy has improved on his longer throws but still needs work.

Trey has been far less impressive than Brock
"And here's another wild one: In the second quarter alone on Sunday, Purdy completed more deep, outside-the-numbers TD passes (two) than Jimmy Garoppolo has had over the past three seasons combine."
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 11, 2022 at 6:35 PM ]

Terrible take.

Lol. Basically. We saw him for the 1st quarter the next game and for that short clip we moved the ball at will.

Some poor fans here really do feel that decisions about how to run our team is influenced by how many times they campaign over and over for one guy over another.
Originally posted by DrEll:
Terrible take.

No it's an accurate take. Both have limited starts, but Brock looks much better and is definitely more poised in his games. It probably has a lot to do with him having more game time experience in college, but he definitely has a better command of the game.

If Kyle could be honest and he can't I bet you a $1 he still thinks Trey's ceiling is higher. We need to wait two years not two games for this to unfold.
at this rate, next training camp is going to be a WAR.

I don't think brock would be named the starter in the offseason, but at this rate he going to make it HARD not to have him as QB1.

Mullins gave me this feeling too when he was pulling off Dan Marino numbers, so Brock could come back down to earth quickly...but right now? Dude is 100% stud.
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
"And here's another wild one: In the second quarter alone on Sunday, Purdy completed more deep, outside-the-numbers TD passes (two) than Jimmy Garoppolo has had over the past three seasons combine."

Originally posted by qnnhan7:

Dang - crazy. You can tell Kyle is calling the same kind of plays because kittle was open a few times underneath for a first down and he gunned it deeper. He has a lot of confidence in his mid-deep range game and doesn't hesitate to pull on them. Kyle spoke about that recently and how he liked that.
Share 49ersWebzone