There are 173 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 49ersRing:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
"And here's another wild one: In the second quarter alone on Sunday, Purdy completed more deep, outside-the-numbers TD passes (two) than Jimmy Garoppolo has had over the past three seasons combine."

Garropplo is not good at deep balls, we all know this. Purdy has bigger balls than Garropplo, that much was clear today.
Originally posted by random49er:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Costanza:
Understatement. Purdy as a rookie looks way better than year 2 Trey.
Terrible take.

We never saw Trey play much in a game this season that wasn't a monsoon.

Lol. Basically. We saw him for the 1st quarter the next game and for that short clip we moved the ball at will.

Some poor fans here really do feel that decisions about how to run our team is influenced by how many times they campaign over and over for one guy over another.

we saw him last year and in pre-season as well

It is a small sample size, but what is causing this discussion is even a smaller sample size by Brock.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
All Brock does is win.
Originally posted by Dshearn:

It is a small sample size, but what is causing this discussion is even a smaller sample size by Brock.

Both guys are under contract. I dont think there's much of a discussion to have. People had Jimmy resigning here for $40M a year or so just a couple weeks ago.

Saying the same now that I said then: allow things to play out.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

100% win record in the games he has started
First rookie QB to defeat Brady.
  • DrEll
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Terrible take.

No it's an accurate take. Both have limited starts, but Brock looks much better and is definitely more poised in his games. It probably has a lot to do with him having more game time experience in college, but he definitely has a better command of the game.

If Kyle could be honest and he can't I bet you a $1 he still thinks Trey's ceiling is higher. We need to wait two years not two games for this to unfold.

If Kyle could be honest, I think he'd tell you that he never really wanted Trey to begin with. The Mac Jones rumors are all starting to make sense now. Kyle's prototypical quarterback is a pocket passer that can extend plays with his legs without depending on them to make yards. His coaching style is closer to a classic Bill Walsh type than we think. When Trey is playing it just looks off and clunky. Read options and run up the middles ? Comeon. This scheme is all about misdirection and allowing playmakers find open space get the ball then makes some YACs.
Purdy throws touchdowns and wins games.

He's taking some shots. Hope that doesn't get in his head and affects his game.

Originally posted by Dshearn:

Both guys are under contract. I dont think there's much of a discussion to have. People had Jimmy resigning here for $40M a year or so just a couple weeks ago.

Saying the same now that I said then: allow things to play out.

The real test as always, is going to be in 4 or 5 games once defenses have had enough tape to figure out what he can and can't do. Jimmy looked like the next coming of sliced bread, until defenses figured out he can't throw deep or to the sidelines. We'll start seeing what Brock's weaknesses are soon, and if he can adjust and overcome. But until then, he looks real
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Terrible take.

No it's an accurate take. Both have limited starts, but Brock looks much better and is definitely more poised in his games. It probably has a lot to do with him having more game time experience in college, but he definitely has a better command of the game.

If Kyle could be honest and he can't I bet you a $1 he still thinks Trey's ceiling is higher. We need to wait two years not two games for this to unfold.

If Kyle could be honest, I think he'd tell you that he never really wanted Trey to begin with. The Mac Jones rumors are all starting to make sense now. Kyle's prototypical quarterback is a pocket passer that can extend plays with his legs without depending on them to make yards. His coaching style is closer to a classic Bill Walsh type than we think. When Trey is playing it just looks off and clunky. Read options and run up the middles ? Comeon. This scheme is all about misdirection and allowing playmakers find open space get the ball then makes some YACs.

I will say that Trey looks to throw when he moves in the pocket.

I believe Trey will make a strong comeback.
Time to get the Seahawks!
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
The real test as always, is going to be in 4 or 5 games once defenses have had enough tape to figure out what he can and can't do. Jimmy looked like the next coming of sliced bread, until defenses figured out he can't throw deep or to the sidelines. We'll start seeing what Brock's weaknesses are soon, and if he can adjust and overcome. But until then, he looks real
Defenses will have a tougher time doing that with Purdy because he is more aggressive with his decision making. He chooses the short passes as last resorts in most situations.

the big question will be can he continue to identify what the defenses throw at him and make the right read. I don't think he's succeeding because he's favoring anything. I think he's reading the defense and reacting, like a boss.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Terrible take.

Lol. Basically. We saw him for the 1st quarter the next game and for that short clip we moved the ball at will.

Some poor fans here really do feel that decisions about how to run our team is influenced by how many times they campaign over and over for one guy over another.

This coming from the #2 ranked poster in the Jimmy G thread.
Share 49ersWebzone