There are 225 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Bloodless:

I remember at one point his passer rating was over 140. Forgot the exact number though.....
[ Edited by DRCHOWDER on Dec 11, 2022 at 8:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Montana:
Originally posted by thl408:

Sale for the next hour on NFL Shop too. Got my finger ready lol.

Enabler!

Lance and JG jerseys are on a fire sale
Let's not forget that Kaepernick and Jimmy G looked destined for 49er stardom after their first few starts. But yeah, Brock looks good, much better than Lance. Better than Jimmy. We've already seen several plays were Brock was able to elude a sack that would have brought Jimmy down.

He may not have a great 40 speed, but he's quick, and elusive in the pocket, which is a much more important gift than being able to run a 4.5. Purdy's 20 and 10 yard dash were in the 90th percentile for QBs by the way.
Lol I knew Kap was going to be brought up lol
im gettin kirk cousins vibes from purdy, and i mean it as a compliment, but purdy is more athletic
[ Edited by DonnieDarko on Dec 11, 2022 at 9:06 PM ]
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:
Let's not forget that Kaepernick and Jimmy G looked destined for 49er stardom after their first few starts. But yeah, Brock looks good, much better than Lance. Better than Jimmy. We've already seen several plays were Brock was able to elude a sack that would have brought Jimmy down.

He may not have a great 40 speed, but he's quick, and elusive in the pocket, which is a much more important gift than being able to run a 4.5. Purdy's 20 and 10 yard dash were in the 90th percentile for QBs by the way.

Performing like that in his first start, against a good pass defense, while taking a bunch of hits, playing well against a Bowles defense which can fool even smart veteran QB's is a pretty big achievement.

I think Bowles is a lousy head coach but he's among the very best in the NFL at manufacturing pressure against QB's and forcing them into bad decisions. I don't know what the future holds for him but he stepped up to the challenge big time today.
Originally posted by Goatie:

Enabler!

You're half right. Trending in the right direction, Goatie!
Originally posted by IrishCrnjo:

Mr. Wysiwyg, what was Purdy's 20 and 10 yard dash among the QBs competing in the underwear olympics

Brock Purdy player comparisons??? Who do you guys have? Last week I said he's Shaun Hill 2.0 which isn't terrible as Hill played 15 years in the NFL and started 35 games. But after the performance vs Tampa, Brock showed he more fluid, athletic than Shaun and has a better arm. Man all the scouting reports kept saying how weak Brock's arm is and that he doesn't have NFL arm strength but through 2 games, he's def shown he has good enough arm and no it's not a cannon but looks good enough to me.

So as far as NFL Comps for Brock... I thought of Jake Plummer as there are some similarities there. He also reminds me a little
bit of Jon Kitna. But, I think it finally came to me.... it's still very early but.... Purdy reminds me of.... and could be the next..... TONY ROMO!!!!!'n
Romo went undrafted and was labeled with a weak arm. The way Purdy moves around in the pocket and with his savvy and crafty play along with his confidence he has shown.... I think we may have another Tony Romo player and story here fellas

That swim move to avoid the sack then finding a receiver to the right, was so slick
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Brock Purdy player comparisons??? Who do you guys have? Last week I said he's Shaun Hill 2.0 which isn't terrible as Hill played 15 years in the NFL and started 35 games. But after the performance vs Tampa, Brock showed he more fluid, athletic than Shaun and has a better arm. Man all the scouting reports kept saying how weak Brock's arm is and that he doesn't have NFL arm strength but through 2 games, he's def shown he has good enough arm and no it's not a cannon but looks good enough to me.

So as far as NFL Comps for Brock... I thought of Jake Plummer as there are some similarities there. He also reminds me a little
bit of Jon Kitna. But, I think it finally came to me.... it's still very early but.... Purdy reminds me of.... and could be the next..... TONY ROMO!!!!!'n
Romo went undrafted and was labeled with a weak arm. The way Purdy moves around in the pocket and with his savvy and crafty play along with his confidence he has shown.... I think we may have another Tony Romo player and story here fellas

All I could think of was Steve Young..I know but this win feels so good lol
Quick to avoid rushers and still capable of finding targets downfield Iike Russell Wilson. Might not have the deepball touch like Wilson but definitely better pocket passer than Wilson
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Dec 11, 2022 at 9:29 PM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by Goatie:

Enabler!

I didn't post that above. Wth Montana
  • thl408
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

How about Jeff Garcia?
Share 49ersWebzone