There are 195 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We have a lot more things in common with the 2001 Patriots than we have differences.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Brock Purdy player comparisons??? Who do you guys have? Last week I said he's Shaun Hill 2.0 which isn't terrible as Hill played 15 years in the NFL and started 35 games. But after the performance vs Tampa, Brock showed he more fluid, athletic than Shaun and has a better arm. Man all the scouting reports kept saying how weak Brock's arm is and that he doesn't have NFL arm strength but through 2 games, he's def shown he has good enough arm and no it's not a cannon but looks good enough to me.

So as far as NFL Comps for Brock... I thought of Jake Plummer as there are some similarities there. He also reminds me a little
bit of Jon Kitna. But, I think it finally came to me.... it's still very early but.... Purdy reminds me of.... and could be the next..... TONY ROMO!!!!!'n
Romo went undrafted and was labeled with a weak arm. The way Purdy moves around in the pocket and with his savvy and crafty play along with his confidence he has shown.... I think we may have another Tony Romo player and story here fellas

How about Jeff Garcia?

That's a pretty good comp.
Originally posted by NotAFinga42:
We have a lot more things in common with the 2001 Patriots than we have differences.

Kyle got staff spying on opponents walk through?
Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by Montana:

Sale for the next hour on NFL Shop too. Got my finger ready lol.

Enabler!

Lance and JG jerseys are on a fire sale

I didn't post that above. Wth Montana

Sorry I failed at editing a post to shorten it:/
I failed like Tom Brady
  • thl408
Originally posted by Goatie:

Sale for the next hour on NFL Shop too. Got my finger ready lol.

Enabler!

Lance and JG jerseys are on a fire sale

I didn't post that above. Wth Montana

Sorry I failed at editing a post to shorten it:/
:)

[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 11, 2022 at 9:33 PM ]
Originally posted by frankieuc68:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I still feel like Lance has a bright future. He looks as inexperienced as he is but definitely has shown promise. He's just scratching the surface but I think this situation bodes great for us no matter if it's Trey or Brock. Love both of the guys both as players and people, and think they're both built to succeed. I imagine we would've seen that for Lance had he gotten more time before getting hurt.
Team is ready to win now and the next couple of years and having Brock as an insurance (if he doesn't win the starting position next year) who happens to have the more experience of playing QB might also be good in the development of Lance. Hopefully Lance takes the next step.

I mean, if Brock continues to play like this, what an awesome situation we're in. Both him and Lance clearly have talent and the mental makeup. Brock's release is quicker and his processing speed seems naturally top flight, I mean he looks like a vet scanning the field. While maybe some is due to the huge edge in experience, his cognitive testing scores indicate he's simply wired different.

Long post short, I think we have two good players at QB.
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

They didn't start that till later. Didn't get caught anyway…
Now the big challenge is: He has a short week to.prepare with an injured oblique to prepare on the road against the hated rival Seahawks without Deebo and can clinch the division title with a win.

1) He may not be ready to play because of the injury
2) if he does play, the injury could limit him or make him prone to mistakes
3) it is his first road game as a starter at a difficult place to win - Seattle
4) Without Deebo, a top target, it will be more challenging for him to meet expectations
5) The pressure to win a high stakes road game could rattle him mentally

• q0c0p
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ComeOnDeberg:
Now the big challenge is: He has a short week to.prepare with an injured oblique to prepare on the road against the hated rival Seahawks without Deebo and can clinch the division title with a win.

4) Without Deebo, a top target, it will be more challenging for him to meet expectations

OR
it's a big game and he steps up plays even better, gets a big win letting his balls hang more

Oh shaddap
Nah, just run the ball. Seahawks run defense sucks

Honestly, atm not too worried about him mentally. The pressure against the goat was a lot. The venue may be a bit challenging, also stepping on Pete's gum wads everywhere
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

They didn't start that till later. Didn't get caught anyway…
Share 49ersWebzone