There are 223 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online

https://www.reddit.com/r/49ers/comments/zjmcr5/its_purdy_time_at_levis_and_everyones_invited/
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Brock looks like the truth, but never forget, so did jimmy for the 6 games he played at the end of 2017. Then he had a full off season training camp, came back and looked like a frozen statue for 3 games until he blew out his ACL. Then he came back in 2019 and was basically the jimmy we know today.

Brock looks like the truth, but time will tell if this is the real deal, or fools gold. We know he will destroy a defense that's blitzing him, now let's see if he can pick a part a defense that drops 8 into coverage.

LET'S GO BCB

Its 49ers Gold my man!
Originally posted by rockzz:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Anyone know who are the top 5?

Purdy's game is not on the database yet

its cause that list doesn't show Hall of Famers.
Originally posted by picklejuice:

https://www.reddit.com/r/49ers/comments/zjmcr5/its_purdy_time_at_levis_and_everyones_invited/
Purdy put up 30 plus points on back to back weeks against playoff caliber teams. Impressive!
Originally posted by Redandgoldsf:
Brock looks like the truth, but never forget, so did jimmy for the 6 games he played at the end of 2017. Then he had a full off season training camp, came back and looked like a frozen statue for 3 games until he blew out his ACL. Then he came back in 2019 and was basically the jimmy we know today.

Brock looks like the truth, but time will tell if this is the real deal, or fools gold. We know he will destroy a defense that's blitzing him, now let's see if he can pick a part a defense that drops 8 into coverage.

LET'S GO BCB

Jimmy was just slinging it, running on instinct and his own skill set that he honed in NE at the end of 2017…then KS shackled him with his offense and teams began to compile tape on him the next season….
Originally posted by captveg:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:
For the last pick of the draft he's a steal. Imo at worst we have a great backup, but this kid can play.

He looks small, but what's crazy is he's similar in size as Steve Young.

Steve is 6'2. A bit taller. Also had a fatter booty. Steve looked thicc sometimes.

A famously generous 6'2" listing

Nothing generous about that booty listing though. Except the booty.

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Remember when all the Jimmy fans said it would be different this week when a team had some tape on Purdy.

Not really, but I do remember nearly everyone withholding judgment due to the limited evidence available (as reasonable minds should).

There were a lot of posters who said we should start Jimmy in the playoffs regardless of how Purdy plays.

None of those people should be taken seriously. If he plays like yesterday the rest of the way, only an idiot would put Garoppolo in.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Dec 12, 2022 at 12:23 AM ]
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by random49er:
I disagree. Things would depend on how he plays, for 1.

And for 2, why would you assume we're winning the SB based on his 1st start?

who assumed? i said if.

You said "No" to the post and mentioned IF he wins the SB,...but SB was not discussed.

And the way you play matters,...not simply SB or not. You should've learned that from the last guy that started.

i said lol no to your "what's more likely is Trey is named the starter" claim?

why are you assuming we dont win the Super Bowl? (see i can do it too!)
It's asinine to say NO MATTER HOW HE PLAYS he is the starter if the 49ers win the Super Bowl. You surely don't actually believe that, proving how disingenuous you are being (which is completely the standard for you, as you have butchered my own arguments and turned them into strawmen dozens of times). If we win the Super Bowl with him throwing three picks a game for example—highly unlikely but theoretically possible—you know and everyone else here knows he will not have earned the job.
I disagree. Things would depend on how he plays, for 1.

And for 2, why would you assume we're winning the SB based on his 1st start?

who assumed? i said if.

You said "No" to the post and mentioned IF he wins the SB,...but SB was not discussed.

And the way you play matters,...not simply SB or not. You should've learned that from the last guy that started.

i said lol no to your "what's more likely is Trey is named the starter" claim?

why are you assuming we dont win the Super Bowl? (see i can do it too!)

You brought in an "IF" for a SB that wasnt even discussed as your reasoning. Sorry but that's a FAIL.

As things stand now, if Trey's healthy, he starts out next year as the top guy. If you disagree based on one game, then go ahead. I'm used to seeing overreactions to 1 game here.

If Purdy plays like Joe Montana there's always room for things to change. I didn't know the Lombardi was already being sent to Cali just yet tho.

Alot will play out. Why you mad?
If that were the case it would be with the understanding that Brock has every chance to win the starting job. Unless Brock tanks going forward, he's at minimum earned the right to compete for the starting job.

Originally posted by 49ersRing:

Shanahan scolding him for being so good so far that it's now awkward to talk about Jimmy and Trey to the media.
Originally posted by ItsX4Number6:
Originally posted by 49ers808:
lol. no.

if Purdy continues to win all the way thru the SB, he's the starter.

A problem I don't think anyone should have a problem with if it happens

oh Random will fill 1000s of pages arguing ridiculousness guaranteed.

Why are we discussing me instead of the team?
I know you're having a tough time right now but he's handsome and he'll find a team that likes him.

imagine thinking someone couldn't like all our QBs. you have NinerTalk PTSD.

It's amazing how childish these grown men are.

Look who you're responding to.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by Bringbackedjr:
This kid is far superior to jimmy. Pocket presence, ability to move within the pocket and see the field, find and hit receivers. He was the better player all year and now we get to see it. We are in a great place at qb. Don't even consider signing jimmy again.

Jimmy has a better arm and faster release. We'll see if that matters. The tape is still rolling.
Brock has better vision and mobility. And bigger nuts. And Trey has the strongest arm and fastest speed. Combine them and you have RoboQB.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
It´s only two games so we´ll see but Brock is really good. His mobility changes a lot of thing for the offense. There´s more bootlegs, he can scramble when the play is broken or the pressure is too strong. He stays in the pocket, he´s not affraid to take a hit. So yeah he doesn´t have Josh Allen´s arm or unreal talent but if you give let´s say 75% of Jimmy G with mobility, Kyle will be fine. For a rookie what Brock has done the last two weeks is freaking good. Back to back wins against Miami and Tampa Bay is impressive. I was expecting more 1 and 1 even with Jimmy G. But this team is good. Let´s hope they win the last game they need to go to the PO.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
Originally posted by MBNINER90266:
Remember when all the Jimmy fans said it would be different this week when a team had some tape on Purdy.

Not really, but I do remember nearly everyone withholding judgment due to the limited evidence available (as reasonable minds should).

There were a lot of posters who said we should start Jimmy in the playoffs regardless of how Purdy plays.

None of those people should be taken seriously. If he plays like yesterday the rest of the way, only an idiot would put Garoppolo in.

Jimmy wont be fit to play by the Super Bowl. Even if his foot knits up okay which will take a minimum of 6 weeks, it is still going to hurt like hell and will take him a month or so to get his lower leg and foot fit enough to be mobile and then knock the rust off after 8 weeks plus off. I just cannot see him being ready. We are stuck with Brock if we make it that far. If Brock got hurt if we made the Super Bowl in the game it is possible JG could go in as a back up in an absolute emergency but he would not be ready to be a starter.
Share 49ersWebzone