There are 270 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by Gorewhore21:
Also Jimmy is gone so get over it.....purdy and Lance are the future. $$$ freed up and explosive offense is here.
Don't like it go follow Jimmy wherever he signs.

random poster screams at cloud

Jimmy and lance should be gone and Purdy should take over the team

Getting rid of Lance doesn't save cap space. Better to keep him and let the two compete for the job—unless Brock earns it this year.
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:
Also Jimmy is gone so get over it.....purdy and Lance are the future. $$$ freed up and explosive offense is here.

Getting rid of Lance doesn't save cap space. Better to keep him and let the two compete for the job—unless Brock earns it this year.

Brock has already earned it. He is head and shoulders above Lance.
[ Edited by Goatie on Dec 12, 2022 at 12:37 AM ]
Originally posted by Wubbie:
I'm curious what the game film shows on the Interception that got called back for holding.

Edge rusher played a zone and got into the passing lane.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Dec 12, 2022 at 12:42 AM ]
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by 9erson3:
Originally posted by DrEll:
Originally posted by BleedsRedNGold:
Originally posted by Costanza:
Understatement. Purdy as a rookie looks way better than year 2 Trey.
Terrible take.

We never saw Trey play much in a game this season that wasn't a monsoon.

No it's an accurate take. Both have limited starts, but Brock looks much better and is definitely more poised in his games. It probably has a lot to do with him having more game time experience in college, but he definitely has a better command of the game.

If Kyle could be honest and he can't I bet you a $1 he still thinks Trey's ceiling is higher. We need to wait two years not two games for this to unfold.

If Kyle could be honest, I think he'd tell you that he never really wanted Trey to begin with. The Mac Jones rumors are all starting to make sense now. Kyle's prototypical quarterback is a pocket passer that can extend plays with his legs without depending on them to make yards. His coaching style is closer to a classic Bill Walsh type than we think. When Trey is playing it just looks off and clunky. Read options and run up the middles ? Comeon. This scheme is all about misdirection and allowing playmakers find open space get the ball then makes some YACs.

More likely, IMHO, that Trey sold his ability to improve those clunky things and Kyle convinced himself to take the chance. I can see how that could happen, given I didn't start liking him until I learned about who he is as a guy.

And look at the recent draft history and free agent signings. Kyle has been molding a "positionless offense" for years. It's why he wanted Juice, Deebo, a duel threat running back. A QB who can threaten on the ground is the natural conclusion to that.

I am very convinced that was the rationale. But reality set in when Trey got hurt. Even big QBs are used to that level of punishment.
[ Edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Dec 12, 2022 at 12:53 AM ]
Kyle Post Game on Purdy-

"We didn't have a ton of designed QB runs.....but....maybe we need to, he moved pretty well today".

[ Edited by Afrikan on Dec 12, 2022 at 12:54 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

• pdc20
  • Veteran
Can we stop about the Mac Jones´s thing seriously?^^ We know, Kyle, we know John. It ´s five years now. There´s no way John would tell Kyle to shut up and take Trey Lance. Kyle saw how Josh Allen destroyed his team. That plus Mahomes in the Superbowl let a bad taste in his mouth. He wanted his own version. And sorry but I still believe in Trey. He´s only 22 years old and he has been very unlucky so far. The potential is definetely there. So I´m sorry but I will wait on the "He´s a bust" narrative. And I will certainly not trade him even if by miracle the 49ers win the Superbowl with Brock Purdy throwing 6 TD in the game against the Chiefs.
You have Trey and Brock on rookie contracts. This is a great thing! You can build a roster around them.
Besides the Niners should not be thinking about the future right now. Let´s just take week to week and try to go to the POs first please.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:
Brock Purdy player comparisons??? Who do you guys have? Last week I said he's Shaun Hill 2.0 which isn't terrible as Hill played 15 years in the NFL and started 35 games. But after the performance vs Tampa, Brock showed he more fluid, athletic than Shaun and has a better arm. Man all the scouting reports kept saying how weak Brock's arm is and that he doesn't have NFL arm strength but through 2 games, he's def shown he has good enough arm and no it's not a cannon but looks good enough to me.

So as far as NFL Comps for Brock... I thought of Jake Plummer as there are some similarities there. He also reminds me a little
bit of Jon Kitna. But, I think it finally came to me.... it's still very early but.... Purdy reminds me of.... and could be the next..... TONY ROMO!!!!!'n
Romo went undrafted and was labeled with a weak arm. The way Purdy moves around in the pocket and with his savvy and crafty play along with his confidence he has shown.... I think we may have another Tony Romo player and story here fellas

How about Jeff Garcia?

Joe Montana.
Originally posted by DRCHOWDER:
Originally posted by rockzz:
Originally posted by libertyforever:
Originally posted by Bloodless:
Anyone know who are the top 5?

Purdy's game is not on the database yet

its cause that list doesn't show Hall of Famers.

Originally posted by pdc20:
Can we stop about the Mac Jones´s thing seriously?^^ We know, Kyle, we know John. It ´s five years now. There´s no way John would tell Kyle to shut up and take Trey Lance. Kyle saw how Josh Allen destroyed his team. That plus Mahomes in the Superbowl let a bad taste in his mouth. He wanted his own version. And sorry but I still believe in Trey. He´s only 22 years old and he has been very unlucky so far. The potential is definetely there. So I´m sorry but I will wait on the "He´s a bust" narrative. And I will certainly not trade him even if by miracle the 49ers win the Superbowl with Brock Purdy throwing 6 TD in the game against the Chiefs.
You have Trey and Brock on rookie contracts. This is a great thing! You can build a roster around them.
Besides the Niners should not be thinking about the future right now. Let´s just take week to week and try to go to the POs first please.

Agreed

Originally posted by Goatie:
Originally posted by 5_Golden_Rings:

Brock has already earned it. He is head and shoulders above Lance.

1.9 games is not enough. He can earn it by showing this level of play the rest of the year.

Wouldn't want to trade him anyway. The contract situation makes it unfavorable to do so. Would need serious compensation to trade what at worst is a good backup (see Texans game last year) when doing so has so much dead money.
  • pdc20
  • Veteran
And by the way, Brock Purdy is the first rookie QB to win against Tom Brady.
Well Brady always played against rookie QBs on bad teams but still talk about surreal thing.^^
I love Tom Brady but seeing him angry all game put a smile on my face.^^
[ Edited by pdc20 on Dec 12, 2022 at 1:22 AM ]
Originally posted by English:

Agreed

I didn't read pass this, but its not because I don't care for it....... like just don't respond to it lol... everyone has opinions... as long as they're not breaking the rules let them post what they want.
Every 2nd/3rd stinger probably watching tape on Purdy on how he prepares.
Share 49ersWebzone