LISTEN: Do The 49ers Have Cause For Concern? →

There are 193 users in the forums

QB Brock Purdy Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Me thinks KS has a giant mesquite woody over Brock Purdy...
IMO more NFL potential than Trey...
Looking forward to seeing #14 develop and ascend the 9er roster...
Won't be surprised seeing him play at the end of the season.
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
Me thinks KS has a giant mesquite woody over Brock Purdy...
IMO more NFL potential than Trey...
Looking forward to seeing #14 develop and ascend the 9er roster...
Won't be surprised seeing him play at the end of the season.

Yah no
  • da209
  • Veteran
i'm starting to like this kid. He did well for being last pick in draft. Looked way better than mond today.
[ Edited by da209 on Aug 20, 2022 at 7:06 PM ]
QB3
reminds me of a young Drew Brees, with better mobility
Originally posted by riverrunzthruit:
reminds me of a young Drew Brees, with better mobility

Lol
Better than Beathard, BJ Daniels, Driskel, etc.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Purdy and Sudfeld!

Originally posted by Waterbear:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Purdy will be our next SF 49ers Super Bowl winning QB.

You heard it hear first

You also said "Jimmy isn't going anywhere" in regards to this offseason.

Why should we take you seriously?

Well... so far, not wrong?
He's good. I think we'll keep him and continue to develop him into a solid backup. He lacks the athleticism to make the Mahomes type plays required of a starting QB in the modern NFL, but he seems like someone that could keep the team afloat for a few games if necessary.

He can't be the worst player drafted this year. He can read the field well and overall I'm impressed with this guy. I think Sudfeld and Purdy are both capable backups.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
He can't be the worst player drafted this year. He can read the field well and overall I'm impressed with this guy. I think Sudfeld and Purdy are both capable backups.
Sudfeld has a nice arm and just seems to know where he is going with the ball. I like Purdy too. Wish he had a little bit better of an arm and was a little bit taller but everything else seems there.
Not gonna lie, this kid is way better than I thought he would be. He actually has very nice pocket awareness for a rookie learning the offense, only downside is his average/below average arm strength, but I think he can become a solid backup. I hope we keep him over Sudfeld tbh
Nimble, good movement in and outside the pocket. Buying time, overall making good decisions. Nothing really bad. Good arm strength. It's a good foundation. That's all you can take from offseason and preseason games. How he get himself out of trouble and the ability to make good decisions. The rest will come later as he develops.

What I really like is, he seems confident and quick with the decision. Almost reactionary, like Russell Wilson. So far there's no half ass, let me think about this a second, like Beathard.
He looks pretty good for the last guy drafted. Taking a QB in that spot and hoping he makes it is a real long shot but he'll should make the practice squad at least. Problem is some other team might grab him.
Share 49ersWebzone